Vincent Requests Meeting w/McNally and Jastremski

Beaglebay

Houndsight is 20/20
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ests-to-meet-with-suspended-patriots-staffers

The fallout from the New England Patriots' deflated ball controversy isn't over just yet.

Tom Brady is free to play following Federal Court Judge Richard Berman's appeal ruling that nullified his four-game suspension. Meanwhile, the Patriots' organization will feel the brunt of its NFL-issued sanctions come draft week.
But the NFL might not be done administering discipline related to the incident.

According to sources informed of the situation, Troy Vincent, NFL Executive VP of Football Operations, has formally requested to meet with Patriots equipment staffer John Jastremski and locker room attendant Jim McNally before either is reinstated by the franchise.
Both face discipline for their role in the apparent deflation of footballs, sources said.

The Patriots made a written request for their reinstatement last week. The league made a public acknowledgment of it four days ago and said it is reviewing the request. The two employees were suspended indefinitely in May, and the NFL said they'd have to be reinstated by Vincent. Sources now say that reinstatement would have to include a face-to-face meeting with Vincent.

The goal would not be re-investigate the situation around the deflated footballs or begin another back-and-forth about what did or did not happen. This case won't be re-examined.
Both men were cited in the Wells report as being involved in wrongdoing, and league officials believe these two men should be accountable, as well. Their texts and appearance on surveillance video were prominent in the Wells report.

For McNally, a part-time employee who works on game days, a suspension during the offseason would not force him to miss time from his job as a game-day staffer, for instance. This is similar to the situation surrounding the Falcons, where the NFL suspended Roddy White, the Falcons' director of event marketing, for the first eight weeks of the season for pumping in fake crowd noise. He was fired by the team, instead.

While the team has their penalties, Brady's suspension was nullified based on failures in the process (his conduct was not addressed in Berman's ruling). Discipline might now await McNally and Jastremski for violations that were unveiled in the Wells report.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ests-to-meet-with-suspended-patriots-staffers

While the team has their penalties, Brady's suspension was nullified based on failures in the process (his conduct was not addressed in Berman's ruling). Discipline might now await McNally and Jastremski for violations that were unveiled in the Wells report.

Love how NFL and ESPN continue to spin that Berman didn't rule on Brady's innocence or guilt. Technically that may be true but Berman sure as hell made it clear as glass in the hearings that there was no evidence against Brady.

I'm reading the meeting is today. I sure hope the Patriots are taping this meeting.

...The goal would not be re-investigate the situation around the deflated footballs or begin another back-and-forth about what did or did not happen. This case won't be re-examined.
Both men were cited in the Wells report as being involved in wrongdoing, and league officials believe these two men should be accountable, as well. Their texts and appearance on surveillance video were prominent in the Wells report.

...Discipline might now await McNally and Jastremski for violations that were unveiled in the Wells report.

For some reason, I am skeptical that the NFL, particularly Vincent, won't reexamine these 2 guys.

Át this point isn't it possible that the two ball boys could sue the NFL?

And this is a cover your backside move by the NFL?

Since the NFL is continuing to rely on Wells Report "findings", any assumption of guilt determination made will be BS.

Maybe here's where a defamation suit comes into play vs the NFL, with a lawsuit funded by the Patriots.

I'm reading the meeting is today. I sure hope the Patriots are taping this meeting.

Video also would be a good idea IMO. But without at least an audio recording we can pretty much guarantee some damaging (bogus) BS from "anonymous sources" breathlessly reported as gospel truth by ESPN.

Glad to see the NFL is ignoring the fact that a Federal judge more or less indicated the Wells Report might well have been written on a piece of Charmin with a finger dabbled in poo.

I hope they are accompanied by lawyers.

~Dee~

Love how NFL and ESPN continue to spin that Berman didn't rule on Brady's innocence or guilt. Technically that may be true but Berman sure as hell made it clear as glass in the hearings that there was no evidence against Brady.

I also loved how ESPN's lead article on the matter (the feature headline was only up for a couple hours before the regulated it to sub story) was not about the NFLs failures or mistakes or lying and corruption. It was a single quote taken out of context from Brady saying "we all lost".

Not that Brady won against the NFL in court, it was Brady saying he lost.

Complete joke spin job.

ProFootballTalk Verified account ‏<s>@</s>ProFootballTalk

NFL won't discipline John Jastremski or Jim McNally, and Troy Vincent won't be interrogating them about <s>#</s>DeflateGate http://wp.me/p14QSB-9QOR

Ok, now I gotta ask.

You're not disciplining Jastremski or McNally. You lost your chance to discipline Brady.

So either -

A) Brady did everything in the Wells Report alone and unaided. Since, you know, Kraft, Belichick, Jastremski and McNally have all been cleared of wrongdoing by the NFL.

or

B) Nothing at all happened.

Either way - Everyone involved with "deflategate" (save for Brady) has been cleared. All that remains is that Brady was "generally aware" that it was "more probable than not" that nobody within the entire organization did anything worthwhile of any discipline at all.

This is now according to the NFL.

So, once again, a hearty "GOLLY GEE THANKS" to Bendover Bob Kraft. The Patriots have been docked a 1st round pick, a 4th round pick and $1 million....for absolutely nothing (which we knew, except now it's also).....

ACCORDING TO THE NFL

That's the NFL's official position.

Good work, Bob.

This should be shouted from the rooftops, and no one can friggin do it, because of your arrogance and greed - you know, making sure "The 32" likes you and Goodell likes you - because **** the fans, coaches and players.

We've officially gone through the looking glass, now.

I'm thinking clock management myself:devil:

~Dee~

I'm thinking clock management myself:devil:

~Dee~

Well BB admitted in "A Football Life" he didn't know how to set the clock in his car, so clearly there's a job for someone there. :coffee:

Back