Vote in SportsPickles "Most Hater players"

Is "most hater players" like firsbee golf?

Haters_Gonna_Hate.gif

There's "good hate" and "bad hate."

Brady is hated because - let's face it - he's had so much success. Americans hate seeing the same people win over and over again. Which is why you don't see any Mannings on this list.

ROFL

That's "good hate."

"Bad hate" is LeBron hate. The man hasn't won anything and people still despise him. Worst of both worlds.

I could not get it to come up for Manning, but I did end up hating Crosby like 8 times.

"Bad hate" is LeBron hate. The man hasn't won anything and people still despise him. Worst of both worlds.

Well except LeBron has portrayed himself, or to be more precise his handlers have portrayed him, as the "King" etc.

His one hour special on ESPN to announce where he was going as a free agent didn't do anything to endear him to the average fan.

Well except LeBron has portrayed himself, or to be more precise his handlers have portrayed him, as the "King" etc.

His one hour special on ESPN to announce where he was going as a free agent didn't do anything to endear him to the average fan.

Eh, didn't bother me like it did others. He used most of the money from the special for his charity foundation. The way I see it, the media was making such a huge deal about it, that it might even have called for that show. Not to mention a crap ton of people watched it, so not sure how I can bash what he did when he drew so many people watching it. As far as him leaving Cle, hell I do not blame him, I mean we as Boston fans should have no problem with that seeing as how we had our own little trio. Sorry but in today's basketball, its all about free agents. No team is winning the title with just drafts. I heard over and over how Dallas did it the "right" way....who on the mavs was actually drafted by the mavs when they won the title? Dirk? Nope, Chandler? Nope, Terry? nope? So I guess they bought a title as well like they were all screaming Miami tried to.

Eh, didn't bother me like it did others. He used most of the money from the special for his charity foundation. The way I see it, the media was making such a huge deal about it, that it might even have called for that show. Not to mention a crap ton of people watched it, so not sure how I can bash what he did when he drew so many people watching it. As far as him leaving Cle, hell I do not blame him, I mean we as Boston fans should have no problem with that seeing as how we had our own little trio. Sorry but in today's basketball, its all about free agents. No team is winning the title with just drafts. I heard over and over how Dallas did it the "right" way....who on the mavs was actually drafted by the mavs when they won the title? Dirk? Nope, Chandler? Nope, Terry? nope? So I guess they bought a title as well like they were all screaming Miami tried to.

Pierce was here, so that = Wade.
Allen was a trade.
Garnett was a trade.

That's COMPLETELY different from signing free agents.

No comparison between how the Celtics got their Big Three versus the Heats' Big Three.

I heard over and over how Dallas did it the "right" way....who on the mavs was actually drafted by the mavs when they won the title? Dirk? Nope, Chandler? Nope, Terry? nope? So I guess they bought a title as well like they were all screaming Miami tried to.

August 4, 2004: Jason Terry traded by the Atlanta Hawks with Alan Henderson and a future 1st round draft pick to the Dallas Mavericks for Tony Delk and Antoine Walker. (Delk and Walker were traded by the Celtics the previous year in the awesome Raef LaFrentz deal)

June 24, 1998: Dirk Nowitski traded (On Draft Day) by the Milwaukee Bucks with Pat Garrity to the Dallas Mavericks for Robert Traylor.

July 13, 2010: Tyson Chandler traded by the Charlotte Bobcats with Alexis Ajinca to the Dallas Mavericks for Matt Carroll, Erick Dampier, Eduardo Najera and cash.

So, two off-season trades and Dirk Nowitski was a draft-day trade, essentially being drafted by the Mavericks.

Not a free-agent signing in the bunch.

So, I guess this means that you feel like Wes Welker was a free-agent signing? Or Pedro Martinez?

To me, that looks like solid front-office work. Certainly not "buying a championship".
--

Yes, technically James was a trade, but that was a trade and sign, in order to allow James to get a Max Contract. For clarification, while Terry and Chandler and Nowitski were traded for actual players - James was traded for Milan Macvan, who hasn't played a second in the NBA (and probably never will) and 4 draft picks, 2 firsts and 2 seconds. Bosh was a pure FA signing, also for a Max Contract.

That looks to me like a good GM in Dallas who can put together a team - the right way, like the Celtics used to under Red - and a team (Miami) trying desperately to buy a championship.

Sorry but since when did trading become the right way? Whats the difference, your team aquired them from another team to make your team better. You know what the right way is? The way that works to win....If the mavs could have aquired Labron they would have in a second, in fact their was a rumor about it before he went to miami and they went as far as to write a song about wanting him to come here in the local media. Everyone hates something until your team does it, then all is ok. Sorry folks there is no buying a title, everyone has the same cap and they can only spend so much and guess what....Dallas had a higher payroll than Miami did.

Sorry but since when did trading become the right way?

Since...always? It's not the same as buying players in free agency. It's good GM work. Give up something to get something. And if you check those dates on the Dallas trades? They're 6 years apart from each other, each one. So it's not like they were all done within a week like James/Bosh.

Whats the difference, your team aquired them from another team to make your team better.

Yeah, and it requires a good front office to trade the right pieces to get the right pieces. For example - trading a rookie Chauncey Billups, a good shooter in Dee Brown and other pieces for the corpse of Kenny Anderson and Popeye Jones is a terrible trade.

Trading Tractor Traylor for the rights to Dirk Nowitski is a brilliant trade. That's the difference. It actually takes effort, and diplomacy and finesse.

It's not like Cleveland had a choice. James held them hostage. Literally. He put them in a position to HAVE to trade him, or else risk losing him for absolutely nothing, so Cleveland had to take what they could get.

You know what the right way is? The way that works to win....If the mavs could have aquired Labron they would have in a second,

Well, maybe. Fact was, they couldn't, because they didn't intentionally gut their team in order to create cap room. You know, because they didn't suck and actually had good players on the team already.

in fact their was a rumor about it before he went to miami and they went as far as to write a song about wanting him to come here in the local media.

Well if it was a rumor, then it had to be true. :rolleyes:

Everyone hates something until your team does it, then all is ok.

That's false, as I've laid out to you in way too much detail.

Since...always? It's not the same as buying players in free agency. It's good GM work. Give up something to get something. And if you check those dates on the Dallas trades? They're 6 years apart from each other, each one. So it's not like they were all done within a week like James/Bosh.

Yeah, and it requires a good front office to trade the right pieces to get the right pieces. For example - trading a rookie Chauncey Billups, a good shooter in Dee Brown and other pieces for the corpse of Kenny Anderson and Popeye Jones is a terrible trade.

Trading Tractor Traylor for the rights to Dirk Nowitski is a brilliant trade. That's the difference. It actually takes effort, and diplomacy and finesse.

It's not like Cleveland had a choice. James held them hostage. Literally. He put them in a position to HAVE to trade him, or else risk losing him for absolutely nothing, so Cleveland had to take what they could get.

Well, maybe. Fact was, they couldn't, because they didn't intentionally gut their team in order to create cap room. You know, because they didn't suck and actually had good players on the team already.

Well if it was a rumor, then it had to be true. :rolleyes:

That's false, as I've laid out to you in way too much detail.

Basketball has a cap, you cannot buy a team. Cleveland deserved what they got. Labron was there for 7 years carrying that sorry ass team, the year after he leaves they are the worst team in the NBA, should tell you something. Not sure what you mean about the rumor so it must be true. I said when Dallas thought they were getting labron they were throwing a parade. Nobody likes you until you are on that team they root for then you are a hero. Labron was a hero and then he decided that the cavs were too cheap and stupid to put a decent team around him so he left, he took less money to win, and for that he gets bashed? I thought wanting to win was the goal, we all throw things at the players who do not care and just want the most money they can get, then we get a player who wants to win and he is a jerk. Oh and by the way, no, it was not about the mavs not wanting to gut their team to get Labron, that was not why he didnt go to dallas, he chose to go elsewhere. Dallas would have done anything to get him at that time because beyond popular belief before this run, dallas was looked upon around here as a joke and chokers who needed better players to win, its amazing how the tune has changed.

Basketball has a cap, you cannot buy a team.
False. Basketball has a soft cap. They also have the Larry Bird Rule which means you can sign your own players for as much as you want. That's how James got a Max Contract from Miami.

Cleveland deserved what they got.

Cleveland got to the NBA Finals once and the ECF a couple other times. That's not too shabby. To say they "deserved what they got" is so far beyond true that it's laughable. Then again, it is you, so I'm not that surprised.

Cleveland tried to surround James with some players, but they were snakebit with injuries. Make no mistake. LeBron James left Cleveland because a) Florida has no state income tax. b) He wanted to be with his buddies from the Olympic team and c) He wanted to party on South Beach. That's why he "took his talents to South Beach" instead of Miami, where the actual arena and facilities are located.

Labron was there for 7 years carrying that sorry ass team, the year after he leaves they are the worst team in the NBA, should tell you something.
Cleveland was the worst team in the league this year because they wanted a high draft pick and they gutted the team over the summer. You know, because the best player on the team left, so they needed to infuse it with talent. Blow it up and start over. The best player on Miami when they gutted their team is STILL the best player on Miami.

Not sure what you mean about the rumor so it must be true. I said when Dallas thought they were getting labron they were throwing a parade.
Dallas never had a chance at acquiring LeBron James. Ever. Anyone who said otherwise was either lying or smoking the really good stuff.

Nobody likes you until you are on that team they root for then you are a hero. Labron was a hero and then he decided that the cavs were too cheap and stupid to put a decent team around him so he left, he took less money to win, and for that he gets bashed?

Again. Look at what I said above. LeBron left Cleveland because it was Cleveland. Every other reason you mentioned is revisionist bullshit. I'll say it again. He left because a) Florida has no state sales tax. b) He wanted to be with his new BFFs from the Olympic team - where this whole idea was cooked up, by the way, and c) He wanted to party in South Beach.

Had nothing to do with Cleveland at all, in the end. One-player teams do not make the NBA Finals. They don't. To say there was no talent on those teams is disingenuous at best.

I thought wanting to win was the goal, we all throw things at the players who do not care and just want the most money they can get, then we get a player who wants to win and he is a jerk.

Again. LeBron James did NOT leave Cleveland because he "wanted to win". He left because a) Florida has no state sales tax. b) He wanted to be with his new BFFs from the Olympic team - where this whole idea was cooked up, by the way, and c) He wanted to party in South Beach.

Oh and by the way, no, it was not about the mavs not wanting to gut their team to get Labron, that was not why he didnt go to dallas, he chose to go elsewhere.

Again. False. Dallas was way over the cap to begin with, so they would have had to trade significant pieces with cap numbers attached to get him. Likely Jason Terry and Caron Butler to begin with. That would be a significant gutting of the team, especially given what Terry did in the finals.

LeBron chose to go elsewhere because a) Florida has no state sales tax. b) He wanted to be with his new BFFs from the Olympic team - where this whole idea was cooked up, by the way, and c) He wanted to party in South Beach.

Dallas would have done anything to get him at that time because beyond popular belief before this run, dallas was looked upon around here as a joke and chokers who needed better players to win, its amazing how the tune has changed.

A lot of this year has to do with Dirk Nowitski, who, for the first time in 13 years in the league, played to the level he was capable of in the playoffs. They also had some inside presence in Chandler, and an absolute gift in the contributions of J.J. Barea.

Also, Rick Carlisle is a hell of a coach. Anyone who thinks Dallas needed better players has virtually no basketball acumen at all. You don't win 50+ games every year, for a decade if you have shitty players. You don't.

--

LeBron James is one of the most hated players in sports because of several things.

1) He lied about his reasons for leaving Cleveland. I've stated that several times.

2) He absolutely held Cleveland hostage by leaving - forcing them to take the suck-ass deal Miami offered them. Otherwise they would have lost James for nothing.

3)

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pT-I8jQDQ7c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's before they played a game. And while we're here...

4)

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e9BqUBYaHlM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5)

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nXFotffi8A0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah. He's just a misunderstood guy who is all about winning. :BS:

False. Basketball has a soft cap. They also have the Larry Bird Rule which means you can sign your own players for as much as you want. That's how James got a Max Contract from Miami.

Cleveland got to the NBA Finals once and the ECF a couple other times. That's not too shabby. To say they "deserved what they got" is so far beyond true that it's laughable. Then again, it is you, so I'm not that surprised.

Cleveland tried to surround James with some players, but they were snakebit with injuries. Make no mistake. LeBron James left Cleveland because a) Florida has no state income tax. b) He wanted to be with his buddies from the Olympic team and c) He wanted to party on South Beach. That's why he "took his talents to South Beach" instead of Miami, where the actual arena and facilities are located.

Cleveland was the worst team in the league this year because they wanted a high draft pick and they gutted the team over the summer. You know, because the best player on the team left, so they needed to infuse it with talent. Blow it up and start over. The best player on Miami when they gutted their team is STILL the best player on Miami.

Dallas never had a chance at acquiring LeBron James. Ever. Anyone who said otherwise was either lying or smoking the really good stuff.

Again. Look at what I said above. LeBron left Cleveland because it was Cleveland. Every other reason you mentioned is revisionist bullshit. I'll say it again. He left because a) Florida has no state sales tax. b) He wanted to be with his new BFFs from the Olympic team - where this whole idea was cooked up, by the way, and c) He wanted to party in South Beach.

Had nothing to do with Cleveland at all, in the end. One-player teams do not make the NBA Finals. They don't. To say there was no talent on those teams is disingenuous at best.

Again. LeBron James did NOT leave Cleveland because he "wanted to win". He left because a) Florida has no state sales tax. b) He wanted to be with his new BFFs from the Olympic team - where this whole idea was cooked up, by the way, and c) He wanted to party in South Beach.

Again. False. Dallas was way over the cap to begin with, so they would have had to trade significant pieces with cap numbers attached to get him. Likely Jason Terry and Caron Butler to begin with. That would be a significant gutting of the team, especially given what Terry did in the finals.

LeBron chose to go elsewhere because a) Florida has no state sales tax. b) He wanted to be with his new BFFs from the Olympic team - where this whole idea was cooked up, by the way, and c) He wanted to party in South Beach.

A lot of this year has to do with Dirk Nowitski, who, for the first time in 13 years in the league, played to the level he was capable of in the playoffs. They also had some inside presence in Chandler, and an absolute gift in the contributions of J.J. Barea.

Also, Rick Carlisle is a hell of a coach. Anyone who thinks Dallas needed better players has virtually no basketball acumen at all. You don't win 50+ games every year, for a decade if you have shitty players. You don't.

--

LeBron James is one of the most hated players in sports because of several things.

1) He lied about his reasons for leaving Cleveland. I've stated that several times.

2) He absolutely held Cleveland hostage by leaving - forcing them to take the suck-ass deal Miami offered them. Otherwise they would have lost James for nothing.

3)

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pT-I8jQDQ7c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's before they played a game. And while we're here...

4)

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e9BqUBYaHlM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5)

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nXFotffi8A0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah. He's just a misunderstood guy who is all about winning. :BS:

Soft cap is a cap, this is not baseball. Nobody is buying up all the players in the league. In fact the reason Dallas won is because they had a way deeper bench than Cleveland. Dallas had a higher payroll than Miami did, so I guess they bought the title. James did not get a max contract from miami. Sorry but what did Labron owe cleveland? Like I said, he stayed there 7 years and they put garbage around him. How many teams in the NBA, if they lost one player would go from a finals team to one of the worst records in the NBA. Cleveland is a joke without Labron, why? Because they did not put anything around this guy the whole time he was there and now they want to cry because he left. Don't kid yourself, Mark Cuban would have sold his soul for a title, they threw things at a lot of players that have swung through FA, it was just none of them chose to come here, but lets not pretend as though Cuban is sitting there saying, oh I want to do things the right way, I would never throw money at a player to win a title....please....anyway, we need to stop talking about this here before the natives get restless, I am already on probation.

I can absolutely understand TB and Lebron (the 8 championships video made me laugh hysterically) but I couldn't find Manning and I can only hope that Rexy would make the list at some point. Who knows.

I can absolutely understand TB and Lebron (the 8 championships video made me laugh hysterically) but I couldn't find Manning and I can only hope that Rexy would make the list at some point. Who knows.
Players only homey.

I dont get the Brady hate, but I'm a Pats fan, so obviously Im biased. I guess its the success, etc which is why I don't hate Peyton or Jeter. Also, Danica Patrick and Danny Ainge are on the list?

My top five:

1.) LeBron James
2.) Kobe Bryant
3.) Ben Roethlisberger
4.) The Vancouver Canucks
5.) Tiger Woods

Danica's an arrogant bitch who hasn't won a damn thing, yet acts like she's a princess.

Ainge was HATED back in the 80s by a lot of other players. He had an awful rep as a whiner.

Back