Wake Up! It's game day! (Default game thread - Atl at NE)

Well the NFL got a message loud and clear, It is a tall order to throw on the Pats for 300+ seven times in a row. :)

Watching the highlights today reminded me that almost every Cooks catch (TD not included) were great, difficult plays by him. He's becoming such a weapon for Tom.

My Two Cents Worth

Boy, was that ever a satisfying win. Couple random remarks:
1 - Cooks is definitely finding his way on his new team and is going to be LIGHTS OUT.
2 - RB by committee is working great - it's like trying to figure out which donut you want from a lavish display case
3 - I loved the fact that the fog forced using a very rare camera angle from behind the QB. Gives a whole different look at the game that the usual birds-eye view
4 - Think Hogan's teeth will be on eBay? I wanna know: who did it and how many. Enquiring minds . . .
5 - This was the ultimate birthday present for the oldbag: got to watch the game on actual TV instead of streaming and they served up a very respectable win. This team is picking up steam and will be ramming speed by play off time.(ps - my birthday thread is still open; never too late to wish me well :tongue:)

I don't know how it looked on TV, but the fog was unreal.

Shortly after the 2nd half started you could see fingers of heavy mist coming down suddenly like somebody was pouring steam into a bowl. For most of the remainder it was somewhere between hard and completely impossible to see the ball in the air.

It made for a weirdly beautiful kinda night at Gillette. Easily the best performance of the year, but if I wanted to keep it humble I'd comment that they are missing Shanahan something fierce. We were all over almost everything Steve Sarkisian dialed up. Everybody was covering well. Even the LB corps. I don't know what their stats were for 3rd and 4th down, but it had to be total dominance for us.

On the flip side, I'll give Josh credit for sticking with the ground game even though it didn't do a whole lot early. He didn't panic and they were off-balance most of the night as a result. I'm sure Ernie Adams was up in the booth using U.S. military black ops fog-penetrating binocs, but Sarkisian called plays like he could barely see the field.

That 4th down call where they ran a jet sweep to the right on our goal line was truly one of the worst calls of the year.

Yea, thought that was a golden rule, not to go wide that close to EZ.

On another aspect, any Atlanta fans present at the game?

Back