Warren Sharp Explains the Exploding Patriot Salary Cap Bomb Left by Ziegler/McDaniels

Do you realize that you are demanding that we take your TV ONLY analysis over that of the very coaches that coach him? Over the GOAT HC of all time? What team meetings have you attended. What instruction pre-game have you given to Godchaux that he failed to do and for heavan's sake how the FUCK is he responsible for what the defense gave up in rushing yards?

BB WAY overpaid for him. Nobody else even thought much of him. Bidding against yourself is the opposite of value investing. BB never had to overpay for him.

BB WAY overpaid for him. Nobody else even thought much of him. Bidding against yourself is opposite of value investing. BB never had to overpay for him.
Same thing for Mills.

BB WAY overpaid for him. Nobody else even thought much of him. Bidding against yourself is opposite of value investing. BB never had to overpay for him.
Same thing for Bourne.

Jonnu Smith might have had a bidding war...not entirely sure.

Judon and Henry would have had numerous bidders. Those two were justified.

Agholor had a nice season for the Raiduhz...I kinda get BB overpaying for him, but, Nelson is hardly consistent. Obviously. Hopefully he has a killer year.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but, eh...whatever. I get what DKF is bitching about. BUT, The past is the past. Now is now. Deal with now the best that you can do.

Judon and Henry would have had numerous bidders. Those two were justified.
No doubt, the point is that when you have to go to FA for players you missed in the draft you are going to over pay, and it clearly nit the ideal way to build the team. That being said, I'm less concerned about the past failures and more concerned with what he does going forward. The results will be clear.

No doubt, the point is that when you have to go to FA for players you missed in the draft you are going to over pay, and it clearly nit the ideal way to build the team. That being said, I'm less concerned about the past failures and more concerned with what he does going forward. The results will be clear.
Yup. It's best to bury the past and look to the future.

When has BB ever done that?

I would say the entirely of NKeal Harry’s tenure was proof of how BB delegates to his staff and how certain crappy players repeatedly kept getting chances or snaps when they were clearly terrible. Same with Wynn. Was not worth extending him for $10.4M. Would have kept Shaq and said bye to Wynn.

That's an interesting perspective. You think they "adjusted" Godcheaux to "take the pain" of a bad contract for him? Wow. Yeah, when you think you overpaid a player you definitely guarantee him much more money, extend the contract term, and you absolutely lock yourself into him so that you can't save any money by cutting him, even the following year!

The extension (not "adjustment") they gave to Godcheaux was a contract you give to someone that is a vital cog in your defense. Someone that is accomplishing what they are assigned, and gives you confidence that you can design everything else around the assumption that they will be successful in what they're asked to do.
I dunno Flag, seems U R letting reality interfere with the narrative. :twak:

2023 will have more space for Groh/Wolf to craft the team. But it’s annoying that 2022 still involves cleaning up albatross contracts and cleaning out the trash that Caserio/Ziegler/McDaniels left. This would have been 3 full years since TB12 and the fanbase will want to see momentum. Won’t be fantastic if this team wins less than 10 games (perception of going backwards) but that’s what a lot of analysts and bettors are forecasting for this year. Hard to disagree given the OLine, run defense, and lack of elite corners. I hope it ends up a bit like 2001 where some really young guys stepped up in a very big way (Seymour, Light, etc)

They're are definitely people around here who get aroused at the mere suggestion of a Patriots struggle this season. Either damp or stretched out undies...or maybe not stretched out...😂

Back