Watson now suspended for 11 games and $5M fine

Interesting, since he and the NFLPA already 'accepted' a 6 game suspension per their comment yesterday. Maybe he serves 6 games and then comes back while the appeal goes on?

Although the other interesting point is that if this appeal goes into 2023, his salary is going to go way up from the $2.7 mil or whatever it is this year. He'll be on the hook for the new salary.

Watson has $46M reasons not to let these suspensions get into 2023. He wants to serve his time this year when the most he could lose is $1.035M for the entire year.
The Browns and Watson are saying now they'd accept 8 games and a $5M fine to be paid by Watson. Wishful thinking imo.
Goodell has the power through the CBA to assess whatever punishment he wants. This is simple, folks.

Watson has $46M reasons not to let these suspensions get into 2023. He wants to serve his time this year when the most he could lose is $1.035M for the entire year.
The Browns and Watson are saying now they'd accept 8 games and a $5M fine to be paid by Watson. Wishful thinking imo.
Goodell has the power through the CBA to assess whatever punishment he wants. This is simple, folks.
Just my thought, a lot could go sideways for a man of his obvious proclivities in a year away from supervision.

Just my thought, a lot could go sideways for a man of his obvious proclivities in a year away from supervision.

Yep. For Watson It's not about getting his rocks off, because he could find somebody willing to help him with that easily enough. He's got something else
going on and whatever clinical definition you use to define it is going to be hard to spell.

His career might not be over, but I don't think he'll ever be much of anything on the field.

Bringing Watson in has to be one of the most criminally stupid moves in NFL history and none of this current
mess should be a surprise to anybody. Even Steve Ross could figure out that Watson wouldn't be worth the trouble until his victims were all paid
off, but Jimmy Haslam went full steam ahead.

I'm not a Browns fan, but I almost feel sorry for them. They were getting close.

Yep. For Watson It's not about getting his rocks off, because he could find somebody willing to help him with that easily enough. He's got something else
going on and whatever clinical definition you use to define it is going to be hard to spell.

His career might not be over, but I don't think he'll ever be much of anything on the field.

Bringing Watson in has to be one of the most criminally stupid moves in NFL history and none of this current
mess should be a surprise to anybody. Even Steve Ross could figure out that Watson wouldn't be worth the trouble until his victims were all paid
off, but Jimmy Haslam went full steam ahead.

I'm not a Browns fan, but I almost feel sorry for them. They were getting close.
Agree. Every season Baker was bringing them a step closer and they were interesting to watch. Than, they do this crap. Baker I wish all the luck. The Browns, may they never win anything with this cancer and this management.

Haslam went full steam ahead.

i mean....of all people to NOT get what this type of case could do to a franchise...he was a minority owner in pitt when THE BEN had his shit going
on, wasn't he?
gotta love watson waiting until now, when the nfl is pondering extending the punishment, to issue a semi apologetic statement. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

i mean....of all people to NOT get what this type of case could do to a franchise...he was a minority owner in pitt when THE BEN had his shit going
on, wasn't he?
gotta love watson waiting until now, when the nfl is pondering extending the punishment, to issue a semi apologetic statement. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

I forgot all about that. Great point. Haslam sucks.

That SAS from Watson wasn't what you would call heart-felt.

I always hear that perps should "show contrition", but if I was in charge of the world actions would speak and semi apologetic and self serving
words right from your legal team's playbook would get you zero points with me. Watson absolutely knew exactly what he was doing and chose to continue
doing it. He pissed his career away for some sort of strange fetish that I can't even wrap my head around.

I've yet to come up with an answer to the basic question here. Why? A lot of folks have odd quirks that get them warmed up but I don't get
this one, based on the description from numerous victims. I still have a lot of questions, like, was he afraid of getting TMZ'd by a hooker he hired?
If so, why would he think he was any better off going after legit massage therapists? What about actual single, attractive females who might be up for
getting busy with a single NFL QB?

Here is one factoid I just ran across:

On March 18, 2021, a third civil lawsuit was filed against Watson, alleging that he had forced a massage therapist to perform oral sex on him before she blacked out in an office building in December 2020. The therapist claims that after Watson left, she was shaken and defecated on herself.

I mean......

If Roger does suspend him for the whole year then by next fall Watson won't have played in an NFL game for something like 2 3/4 years. I just can't see him
ever being a relevant QB again between that and the atmosphere that'll follow him wherever he goes. Who would want to be led by this guy? He's probably
all done, even though he'll be only 28 next fall.

If people will hire a dog killer, what makes you think a serial assaulter won't get more than just one more chance.

I think he'll definitely get another chance if he can stick with just jerking off three times a day for the next year or so. Morning, noon and night. Discipline.

There is no accounting for what a desperate owner will do. I just don't think Watson will ever get back where he was between the white lines.

Here is one factoid I just ran across:

On March 18, 2021, a third civil lawsuit was filed against Watson, alleging that he had forced a massage therapist to perform oral sex on him before she blacked out in an office building in December 2020. The therapist claims that after Watson left, she was shaken and defecated on herself.

Good god.....Come on Roger, you guys have to deal with this scumbag.

Good god.....Come on Roger, you guys have to deal with this scumbag.

He is definitely a scumbag, but she......ok......she.....ok....

defecated ON herself? Bit dramatic there I'd say, although I do know a guy who got so wasted that he passed out in a bathroom stall in a
luxury hotel and when he woke up discovered he had shit running down his back. His UPPER back. No plausible explanation for that was ever
offered. There were only uncomfortable questions.

But maybe that's a topic for another thread. Or another forum for that matter.

All I know for sure is that I've never made a sign for a sporting event, but if Watson ever comes back to Foxboro I might throw my hat in the ring.

This is very dodgy. The NFL and Watson have agreed to a 11 game suspension and $5M fine. He has to go to counselling.

First game back will be Week 13 v the Texans would you believe.

Anyone else think this is pathetic? Can't see female fans being impressed with this at all. Surely a year at least should have been levied?

$5M out of a $230M contract is 2%......Pathetic.

Last edited:
This is very dodgy. The NFL and Watson have agreed to a 11 game suspension and $5M fine. He has to go to counselling.

Anyone else think this is pathetic? Can't see female fans being impressed with this at all. Surely a year at least should have been levied?

I agree, but I understand why the NFL settled on 11, as the union was willing to drag the owners and their indiscretions through the mud.

Interesting that first game back is against Texans. TV ratings anyone?

So disappointing.

As a prototypical underdog, I've been rooting for the Browns to ascend from their miserable post-merger existence but now I can't imagine ever pulling for them to do more than win vs. an opponent that will help the Pats in the standings by doing so.

I was also a fan of Watson's before all of this. Just terrible all around.

I wonder how Cleveland fans feel about this. May have to wander over there....

I think he's learned a hard lesson. "From now on I'll rely on call girls!"

also not surprised by this. they wanted to "agree" so this didn't drag on or end up in court.
I'm tired of hearing it, and this guys a scumbag and now everyone knows it.

I don't doubt NFL/Rog would have liked to get a year, but it wasn't going to go that way quietly.

Isn't it amazing how wrong the League gets things again and again and again? They have people there being paid millions and are supposedly talented and high powered yet they consistently bugger things up. This Watson decision is a total farce. It's a disgrace when you hear what Watson had to say, where he let slip his real feelings. No remorse or sense of having done anything wrong, which totally contradicts his written statement and the statement from the Haslams.

Rich Eisen initially said that he thought the only way Watson can come out of this is by showing total humility and contrition. But all of that is now gone after Watson spoke. And the suspension will actually only cost him $600K.......that is the 'horrific' hit of 0.26% of his contract value......that's the way the contract is structured. Watson has made a fool of the league and the Browns with his words.

View: https://twitter.com/richeisen/status/1560474390831083521

Last edited:
Back