Watson to the Dolphins?

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
John McClain, long time beat writer for the Texans, says it may happen this week.

It's a gamble bc Watson is clear to play right now but a suspension is always possible with Goodell in charge. Houston has wanted 3 1st rnd picks. Maybe they've lowered their asking price.
Maybe the whole thing is a hoax but McClain has been a guy with high integrity for years.

Miami was always the odds on favorite to land him. Really stinks for the Pats though to have him come to the division with a really good HC to help excel more than he even did in Houston.

I do wonder what Rodger does in terms of a suspension. AB got 8 games for a civil suit and some other shenanigans. Not sure there is really a precedent for the amount of civil cases against Watson.

It wouldn't shock me. Desperation move by the Dolphins considering the nose dive they've taken this season.

It also would make sense that the Texans would realize three 1st for a player ending on the Commissioner's Exempt List at any moment, regardless of how talented he might be, is too big of a demand.

That would be a disaster and hilarious. I mean, how crazy is Stephen Ross? He just thinks you can become good or great overnight by adding a fancy name to the team. You're going to unload a bunch of picks and take on that kind of money for a guy who is possibly going to have to testify against 20+ women who share almost the exact same story? What planet am I on here?

That loss to the winless upstate orphans of the NFL most certainly pissed off Dolphins' owner, Stephen Ross, who doesn't think Tua is the guy who will win him a SB before he's dead and buried. Ross is desperate to win now. You can bet he's made his feelings known to GM Chris Grier who has no choice but to grant his wish.

Flores is a moron for going down there and not having some reassurance Ross wouldn't be calling the shots. I never would have taken the job unless the owner stays out of the way. It's not going to work. I've blamed moron Grier a lot, and I do think he's there because of his name only because he wasn't great as a scout before being promoted. It's because Ross could control the situation. It's just such a crap market down in Florida, too. You have transplants, beaches, sun, etc.

This is a true story, but even when Marino was there at the back end of his prime early 90s years, some of their games were not sold out and the games were blacked out in their market. I was stunned when I learned of it.

Basically, you have players wanting to go there for the sun and beaches and no income tax, so you get a lot of selfish players and uneven rosters as a result. It's not a good place to take a first time coaching role. I don't get their bravado either.

Flores is a moron for going down there and not having some reassurance Ross wouldn't be calling the shots. I never would have taken the job unless the owner stays out of the way. It's not going to work. I've blamed moron Grier a lot, and I do think he's there because of his name only because he wasn't great as a scout before being promoted. It's because Ross could control the situation. It's just such a crap market down in Florida, too. You have transplants, beaches, sun, etc.

This is a true story, but even when Marino was there at the back end of his prime early 90s years, some of their games were not sold out and the games were blacked out in their market. I was stunned when I learned of it.

Basically, you have players wanting to go there for the sun and beaches and no income tax, so you get a lot of selfish players and uneven rosters as a result. It's not a good place to take a first time coaching role. I don't get their bravado either.

All that may be true yet consider that Stephen Ross is an 81 year old multi-billionaire who has won in everything he's done in life. He's no different than every other elderly rich owner in the NFL. No owner stays out of the way 100%, not even Kraft. Ross wants to join the elite SB Winning Owners Club & has advancing age as a great motivator. It would cement his legacy in South Florida. He may have said he wouldn't meddle and maybe he meant it at the time. Push is coming to shove now. He's impatient. He's wealthy and powerful...used to getting his way...used to winning. He wants it now. Anyway, getting DeShaun Watson is "good meddling" if you ask me.

All that may be true yet consider that Stephen Ross is an 81 year old multi-billionaire who has won in everything he's done in life. He's no different than every other elderly rich owner in the NFL. No owner stays out of the way 100%, not even Kraft. Ross wants to join the elite SB Winning Owners Club & has advancing age as a great motivator. It would cement his legacy in South Florida. He may have said he wouldn't meddle and maybe he meant it at the time. Push is coming to shove now. He's impatient. He's wealthy and powerful...used to getting his way...used to winning. He wants it now. Anyway, getting DeShaun Watson is "good meddling" if you ask me.
Agree.

Just keep in mind, Goodell forced us to cut Antonio Brown, which many may call this cheating. How do you allow a team to acquire a possible serial assault creepy guy yet Brown was forced to be cut, only to be allowed to play for TB months later?

As for people thinking Watson is good value, I think they may want to look at his teams' records in Houston. He's not a winner. It'd be hilarious if Miami admitted Tua is a bust after another whiff in the top 10 while absorbing a massive contract and possible criminal in Watson and losing a bunch of picks.

If goodell forced the pats to cut that stinky turd, it's the one thing i approve of that he's done.

Just keep in mind, Goodell forced us to cut Antonio Brown, which many may call this cheating. How do you allow a team to acquire a possible serial assault creepy guy yet Brown was forced to be cut, only to be allowed to play for TB months later?

As for people thinking Watson is good value, I think they may want to look at his teams' records in Houston. He's not a winner. It'd be hilarious if Miami admitted Tua is a bust after another whiff in the top 10 while absorbing a massive contract and possible criminal in Watson and losing a bunch of picks.

AB did/was accused of some very bad things and reacted immaturely in public. AB forced BB/RKK to cut AB before Goodell had a say in it.

In 4 years, Watson accumulated some very good stats which say he is a winner. His Adjusted Passer ratings: 118, 117, 108, 127 for those 4 years.
He has 14,539 yds, 104 TDs, 36 ints.

AB did/was accused of some very bad things and reacted immaturely in public. AB forced BB/RKK to cut AB before Goodell had a say in it.

In 4 years, Watson accumulated some very good stats which say he is a winner. His Adjusted Passer ratings: 118, 117, 108, 127 for those 4 years.
He has 14,539 yds, 104 TDs, 36 ints.

So, Watson possibly sexually assaulting over 20 women who share the same kind of stories is somehow not offensive? The guy should be on the commissioner's exempt list, so these rumors of him going to Miami the whole time just screams to be a favor to Ross just like Brown, Gronk and Brady all arranging to to go no income tax Florida together is a help to Glazer. Goodell tries to spread the money around.

Also, Brown paid off whoever his victims were and nothing happened other than a small suspension. He also had another incident after that and was still allowed to play for TB even after all of that. Antonio Brown Formally Charged With Felony - So he was actually charged with a felony after playing for us!

It's just more of the same from Goodell applying different rules to different teams. It's been going on for 15 years.

Watson is immature and a bad leader, which is why his teams never really win anything. Look at his contract, too. Brutal. Not to mention, his contract is due up, so if he comes in in 2022 and has a good year, he has huge leverage on the franchise for a contract up near 40 mil per. Good for us, but I am just pointing out the hypocri$y of Goodell.

PS Just because you're wealthy doesn't mean you're a winner. There are plenty of scumbag losers who are born into money.

Last edited:
So, Watson possibly sexually assaulting over 20 women who share the same kind of stories is somehow not offensive? The guy should be on the commissioner's exempt list, so these rumors of him going to Miami the whole time just screams to be a favor to Ross just like Brown, Gronk and Brady all arranging to to go no income tax Florida together is a help to Glazer. Goodell tries to spread the money around.

Also, Brown paid off whoever his victims were and nothing happened other than a small suspension. He also had another incident after that and was still allowed to play for TB even after all of that.

It's just more of the same from Goodell applying different rules to different teams. It's been going on for 15 years.

Watson is immature and a bad leader, which is why his teams never really win anything. Look at his contract, too. Brutal.

Where did I say what Watson did was not offensive? The possibility of Watson being suspended is there and it's a big gamble for anyone trading for him. But...he hasn't been suspended yet. Why not? IDK. It is what it is.

Brown served some time under Goodell's thumb then he finally got smart and paid her off.

Where did I say what Watson did was not offensive? The possibility of Watson being suspended is there and it's a big gamble for anyone trading for him. But...he hasn't been suspended yet. Why not? IDK. It is what it is.

Brown served some time under Goodell's thumb then he finally got smart and paid her off.
HIs felony charges came in April of 2020. He then played in 2020. He was suspended after he forced NE to release him. Once NE signed Brown, the league erupted in jealousy and cheated likely using Kraft's own charges against him as leverage.

I don't know how you can be suspended in late 2019 and then not suspend him again after being charged with another felony. When Greg Hardy got off in court, Goodell still suspended him which was stunningly the right thing to do.

Again, it's cheating. He'll steal a good player from one team and then allow another player to play for others. Look at Hunt and Hill on the Chiefs. There are numerous examples of this through the years. Derek Wolfe in Denver, Donte Fowler in Jax. The Ray Rice thing takes the cake, obviously. Somehow these are all AFC teams. Hmm.

Also, Brown paid off whoever his victims were and nothing happened other than a small suspension. He also had another incident after that and was still allowed to play for TB even after all of that. Antonio Brown Formally Charged With Felony - So he was actually charged with a felony after playing for us!

Watson is immature and a bad leader, which is why his teams never really win anything. Look at his contract, too. Brutal. Not to mention, his contract is due up, so if he comes in in 2022 and has a good year, he has huge leverage on the franchise for a contract up near 40 mil per. Good for us, but I am just pointing out the hypocri$y of Goodell.

PS Just because you're wealthy doesn't mean you're a winner. There are plenty of scumbag losers who are born into money.
Other than in the court of public opinion, has he been found guilty of anything yet?

Back