Watson... What is actually happening (poll)

What do you think is really happening with Deshaun Watson?

• Watson is guilty and going to prison

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Ambulance chaser lawyer is creating this for $

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Ambulance chaser lawyer is working with Texan leadership to keep him there

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Ambulance chaser lawyer/Texan leadership using consensual acts to kill market

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think that helps. It just highlights that he uses even more women for these massages than was thought! That in itself throws up a lot of red flags for reasons in the above posts. And the first women in the article doesn't exactly help;p when she says Dehsuan needed work on his groin!!

In fact when you read all the accounts, poor Dehshaun seems to have a lot of issues with his glutes and groin!!!
Honestly, I don't know what to think. There are red flags on both sides. We can let the system do it's thing and hopefully it gets it right.

I haven't said much about this story since it broke. My take was that Deshaun Watson has always seemed to me to be just about the nicest guy you could imagine. I felt bad for him with the
Easterby/McNair situation and excited at the prospect that maybe we would be able to land him in Foxboro.

When the massage story broke I thought "No way. Not him." and it was easy enough to follow the trail of crumbs between owner, lawyer and a smear campaign designed to get even with Watson for refusing to live up to his contract. His initial statement about clearing his name seemed legit. Like what I would have said had I been the one getting framed.

However, now that we're up to 21 (NFL radio - yesterday) women complaining I can't believe that it is manufactured and now believe that he has to be a serial sexual predator in nice-guy clothing. When it was five women I had some doubts, but it appears that I was dead wrong about him. My trusty bullshit detector failed miserably. Too many women telling the same basic story for it to be an orchestrated cash grab.

I feel bad for trusting my initial instincts. Watson has to be a bad guy whose NFL career is likely over. There is no amount of cash that can get him out of this mess.

I haven't said much about this story since it broke. My take was that Deshaun Watson has always seemed to me to be just about the nicest guy you could imagine. I felt bad for him with the
Easterby/McNair situation and excited at the prospect that maybe we would be able to land him in Foxboro.

When the massage story broke I thought "No way. Not him." and it was easy enough to follow the trail of crumbs between owner, lawyer and a smear campaign designed to get even with Watson for refusing to live up to his contract. His initial statement about clearing his name seemed legit. Like what I would have said had I been the one getting framed.

However, now that we're up to 21 (NFL radio - yesterday) women complaining I can't believe that it is manufactured and now believe that he has to be a serial sexual predator in nice-guy clothing. When it was five women I had some doubts, but it appears that I was dead wrong about him. My trusty bullshit detector failed miserably. Too many women telling the same basic story for it to be an orchestrated cash grab.

I feel bad for trusting my initial instincts. Watson has to be a bad guy whose NFL career is likely over. There is no amount of cash that can get him out of this mess.
That's real-life for you. No human being alive has a fault-free in-built ability to detect the trustworthiness or not of another person. It's a wild myth tied to our self-centredness and arrogance that we genuinely believe we can tell if another person is a "good guy" or not. The evidence is all around us. Bad people fool good people all the time and they do it effortlessly because the simple real-world truth is that nobody can tell what's in another man's soul no matter how well you think you know someone. I'm so tired of hearing people brag about how good a judge of character they are. You hear it in business all the time, whether it's hiring someone or doing a deal, "I just wanted to see the whites of his eyes to see if I could trust him". It's all utter BS.

Last edited:

I have followed a very similar trajectory in my thoughts. I imagine a lot of folks here have as well.

That's real-life for you. No human being alive has a fault-free inbuilt ability to detect the trustworthiness or not of another person. It's a wild myth tied to our self-centredness and arrogance that we genuinely believe we can tell if another person is a "good guy" or not. The evidence is all around us. Bad people fool good people all the time and they do it effortlessly because the simple real-world trust is that nobody can tell what's in another man's soul no matter how well you think you know someone. I'm so tired of hearing people brag about how good a judge of character they are. You hear it in business all the time, whether it's hiring someone or doing a deal, "I just wanted to see the whites of his eyes to see if I could trust him". It's all utter BS.
Yikes...

That's real-life for you. No human being alive has a fault-free inbuilt ability to detect the trustworthiness or not of another person. It's a wild myth tied to our self-centredness and arrogance that we genuinely believe we can tell if another person is a "good guy" or not. The evidence is all around us. Bad people fool good people all the time and they do it effortlessly because the simple real-world trust is that nobody can tell what's in another man's soul no matter how well you think you know someone. I'm so tired of hearing people brag about how good a judge of character they are. You hear it in business all the time, whether it's hiring someone or doing a deal, "I just wanted to see the whites of his eyes to see if I could trust him". It's all utter BS.
I suppose people vary wildly in their willingness to trust people they don't know, for instance, pro athletes, but forums like this one exist to, among other things, give our opinions -- often without
tons of facts. This thread is a pretty good example of that.

I don't think I expect a hell of a lot from these people who exist in a different world than me in many or most ways. I've commented lately that I think Urban Meyer is a total fraud and bullshit artist. Another was Watson, who I thought seemed like the most gentle and decent of souls and I formed an (evidently) false-but-strong impression. There are likely millions of Texans fans who are struggling with that same realization right about now. It sucks when your heroes turn out to be bad guys or highly-flawed human beings. Who knows? Maybe Meyer is actually a wonderful dude with a heart of gold. Maybe Jack Easterby isn't the power-mad weirdo he seems to be, either. We're all just guessing.

I suppose it's easier to assume the worst about people, so as to never end up feeling foolish, but I don't think I can afford to be mistrustful of every person I see and hear because life is too short to be that negative all the time.

Watson fooled me and it'll likely happen again. I thought he stood out as an exception and I went with my instincts, but next time I might wait for the fog to clear a little before I open my pie hole.

One thing I think most of us can agree on is that this is one strange, ugly story and won't have a Fairytale ending for anybody involved except the Lawyers. Lots of wrongness for everybody to try and learn something from.

What took them so long?

Major league baseball yanked the All-Star game from Atlanta's Fulton County faster.
No kidding. I would imagine Nike feared back lash given he is a black athlete.

Hardin won a small battle. Judge Davis rules that Watson is entitled to know the names of accusers.

Back