Watson... What is actually happening (poll)

What do you think is really happening with Deshaun Watson?

• Watson is guilty and going to prison

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Ambulance chaser lawyer is creating this for $

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Ambulance chaser lawyer is working with Texan leadership to keep him there

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Ambulance chaser lawyer/Texan leadership using consensual acts to kill market

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So no innocent until proven guilty, you know that this is how our legal system is supposed to work right?
You can believe what you want. I know what I believe in this case-based on the facts. Most of the responders on this site don't believe the women, because-well, they're fucked up that way. But I like my Pats, so I still participate in this site. PEACE OUT

You can believe what you want. I know what I believe in this case-based on the facts. Most of the responders on this site don't believe the women, because-well, they're fucked up that way. But I like my Pats, so I still participate in this site. PEACE OUT
Fair enough. Please state your facts. Please also advocate for law enforcement to charge him with the appropriate crimes that you "believe in this case-based on the facts".

I have no idea what the truth is. How YOU do is amazing to me.

Please enlighten us.

And the DA.

Otherwise, I suggest we let the LAW and the facts play out?

OK with you?

Could Watson's career be over??? Best case scenario might well be he is gone for a year and presents himself front and centre on a national, anti-harassment campaign as a reformed abuser.

It could get very ugly for him.

Why oh why do those guys do it??? They're multi-millionaires. If they want to get laid, pay a very high-class hooker thousands knowing she will be forever discrete. Same with Kraft, why go to a cheap rub n'tug when you could pay for something so much better, and safer.

Swiping this from reddit. Chronological events. Everything following this is copypasta:

I decided to start putting this together last night because I realized that a lot of the information that I and others were getting about the case was getting filtered through a very long game of telephone. I could not find anywhere on the internet where all of the information released so far could be viewed in a seamless manner, so I decided to spend a few hours putting it together myself.

I've collected all of the sworn testimonies affidavits, along with statements by relevant parties and other smaller details. I was originally using this article for the summaries of each lawsuit, but a few cases into this project I realized that those summaries leave out a lot of important details and some of the JANE DOE's don't match-up, so I ended up drafting most of the summaries myself. I sometimes still used their summary as a skeleton to build off of, so if some of the summaries read like they've been written by two different people, that's why.

Each summary includes a link to the full lawsuit. The highlighted portions of each summary are the most important details, if you're just trying to skim. Each summary includes the relevant dates along with the credentials/employment of each JANE DOE, so hopefully some of the rumors claiming that most of these women were "Instagram Hookers" can be put to rest.

Everything is in chronological order based on the dates of the alleged assaults, along with the day-by-day events/statements that have been released the past week. JANE DOE 1 just so happened to be the earliest accusation, JANE DOE 13 was the second earliest, ect.

I have also transcribed Tony Buzbees entire opening statement from his press conference, in case anyone would prefer to read it. I can't fit it into this post but I'll comment it and then link it to the relevant spot.

There will no doubt be mistakes throughout this, my brain did start to overheat towards the last few JANE DOEs. So if you catch any please let me know so that I can correct them. I want people to be able to use this as a resource to prevent misinformation.

OBSERVATIONS

JANE DOE 1 (!)

First contact: March 28th, 2020

Allegations: March 30th, 2020

Credentials: Licensed Massage Therapist/Business Owner

Summary:

The plaintiff accuses Watson of civil assault during a massage at her home last March. Watson reached out to her on March 28th to schedule an appointment. The plaintiff had been working hard to grow her small business since 2018. Plaintiff was excited and encouraged that a local sports star was seeking out her services.

Via text, Watson asked the plaintiff if she was "comfortable with certain areas [his] organization was making [him] get worked on".

Watson also asked her "Am I expecting to see someone else there? Is it just you.". This gave the plaintiff pause, but she was able to justify it to herself by assuming Watson just wanted privacy.

During the massage, Watson began to aggressively dictate the massage and complain that she was not doing what he wanted. The plaintiff began to think that Watson only wanted sex.

Watson repeatedly directed her towards his penis. She alleges that he purposely exposed the tip of his now fully erect penis from under the towel. He began moving himself to expose himself more, and eventually turned to touch her hand with his penis.

The plaintiff immediately ended the massage and started to cry. After telling him to leave, Watson said "I know you have a career and a reputation, and I know you would hate for someone to mess with yours, just like I don't want anyone messing with mine."

Later, Watson reached out to her via text message to apologize. She did not respond.

A few weeks later, she was DM'ed on Instagram by two other NFL players, saying "Big D" had recommended her to them. The lawsuit implies that she did not respond to these messages either.

JANE DOE 13

First contact: April 19th, 2020

Allegations: April 19th, 2020

Credentials: Licensed Esthetician/Business Owner

Summary:

When Watson reached out to this plaintiff for a massage, she was confused, as she is an esthetician who only markets and offers skin care services. However, she was excited that an NFL player was reaching out to use her services.

Watson told her that he liked to keep his business confidential.

She told Watson that she did not specialize in massages
and Watson indicated that it was fine. Plaintiff told Watson over DM that she was nervous as she had never worked with a famous athlete before. Watson promised to walk her through it and give her direction.

After arriving at the spa, Watson aggressively dictated the session. Watson asked the plaintiff to "go deeper" into his buttocks. The plaintiff says that she began to get scared, but assumed that Watson was used to licensed professionals and would not be making unusual requests.

When Watson turned onto his back, he dropped the towel, exposing his erect penis. He told her not to pick the towel up. As the plaintiff massaged Watson's groin area, he repeatedly turned to touch her hand with his penis. Plaintiff was frightened and confused but she tried to ignore it.

Shortly after, Watson ejaculated. She was mortified and told a family member afterwards.

JANE DOE 15 (!)

First contact: May 2020

Allegations: May 28th, 2020

Credentials: Licensed Personal Trainer/Business Owner

Summary:

According to this lawsuit, Watson requested a massage from the married plaintiff in May 2020.

The massage was scheduled to take place at his house and he told her to come to the session dressed in "casually relaxing attire" and also that "you don't have to be full professional," according to the lawsuit.

During the session, Watson exposed his erect penis and wiped pre-ejaculate onto her hand. As soon as he did this, the plaintiff froze from fear and confusion. She began repeating "I do not know. I do not know."

She ended the massage immediately. He got up, still completely naked, and asked to give her a hug. She refused and rushed out of the house. She says that she told a friend and a family member what had happened as soon as she got home.

According to the lawsuit the woman "felt violated and disgusted and felt as though she was trapped in some weird nightmare" after the incident.

The lawsuit goes on to claim that Watson texted her the same day and asked if she was OK and also repeatedly reached out asking to book her again. She says she either ignored or rejected the requests.

JANE DOE 7

First contact: June 2020

Allegations: June 2nd, 2020

Summary:

The plaintiff is a licensed massage therapist with eleven years experience who works regularly with athletes. She says that she has never had any issues prior to Watson.

She said he told her “I make a lot of massage therapists uncomfortable and it’s really hard for me to find someone who will meet my needs.”

Watson also kept asking that the massage be really private and asked if anyone else would be around when he arrived at the location.

As soon as the massage started, Watson laid face down on the table completely nude, exposing his buttocks. She insisted that he cover up but he refused. He exposed his penis to her several times.

She said she felt trapped and angry, as she prides herself on her reputation. She says that she became terrified as Watson kept twisting his body to touch her with his penis.

Afterwards, Watson contacted her seven more times to schedule another appointment. She either declined or ignored all of his requests and never worked with him again.

JANE DOE 9

First contact: (Arranged)

First Allegations: June 2020

*Second Allegations: August 17th, 2020

Credentials: Spa Worker

Summary:

The lawsuit, which involves a spa worker in training to become a licensed massage therapist, describes a more graphic interaction.

In June 2020, the woman was asked to meet Watson at a hotel after he arranged an appointment through her spa manager, according to the lawsuit.

The lawsuit claims Watson groped the woman before suddenly leaving without paying full price. The documents said the manager told the woman that Watson said he underpaid her because “she had not given him what he wanted.”

*A month later, the same woman claims she got a direct message from Watson on Instagram requesting a massage. At the time, court documents said she was unaware it was the same man from the alleged hotel incident.

According to court documents, she agreed to meet with Watson at the spa at a time they would be mostly alone. She recognized him when he arrived, and the lawsuit states Watson apologized for his previous behavior and said, “he had never been rejected by a woman before.”

The lawsuit claims the woman was “embarrassed” and “humiliated” as the player allegedly made several inappropriate advances, including demanding sexual acts before leaving the spa.

She is currently receiving psychiatric counseling for the trauma she endured during the alleged incident, the lawsuit said.

JANE DOE 12

First contact: July 2020

Allegations: July 2020

Credentials: Business Owner

Summary:

Court documents said the woman normally offers professional cosmetic services, such as teeth whitening and detoxing. She is and was in a committed relationship.

In July 2020, the lawsuit alleges Watson reached out to her on Instagram asking if she was an esthetician and she said no but offered to refer him to one. He allegedly declined her offer and asked if she would give him a Swedish massage.

According to the lawsuit, the woman told Watson massages aren't her expertise but she would be willing to try. Court documents said she was willing to give the massage in the hopes that having a celebrity client would further promote her business.

They arranged a session at the woman's house over the phone, according to the lawsuit. According to the lawsuit, Watson requested "she wear something comfortable that she likes to wear around the house."

On the way to the plaintiff's house, Watson texted her asking if anyone else would be at the house. He said he wanted to "know [his] surroundings". Plaintiff assured him that it would just be her.

During the session, according to court documents, Watson asked the woman to massage his groin and private area. It also alleges the player touched himself inappropriately and then ejaculated on the woman. He then left the house.

Immediately afterward, the lawsuit says the woman called a friend and told her what happened. It said the woman felt "violated, disgusted and ashamed."

JANE DOE 14 (!)

Allegations: July 15th, 2020

Summary:

A Los Angeles massage therapist, who has several years of experience working with professional football players and high-profile athletes, also is accusing Watson of sexual misconduct. She has never had a problem with any other client.

According to the lawsuit, Watson sent the woman a direct message on Instagram inquiring about her services in July 2020. The NFL star reached out complaining of back pain and they arranged to meet at a house in Beverly Hills, the lawsuit said.

During the session, the lawsuit alleges Watson brought the therapist to a room and locked the door behind them, prompting her to grab her mace. She claims Watson “chuckled” and the session proceeded seemingly as normal until she returned from the bathroom.

Watson aggressively dictated the massage. He asked her to massage his "glutes", to which she firmly said no. He then flipped over and removed his towel, revealing his erection.

At some point, Watson grabbed her hand and placed it on his erect penis. He also kept trying to direct her hand to his butthole.

The lawsuit claims Watson told the woman not to talk about the appointment, which she considered a threat.

Watson is accused of reaching out to the same woman again in December 2020 about scheduling an appointment in Chicago, but she didn’t respond.

JANE DOE 11

Allegations: August 2nd, 2020

Credentials: Professional(?)

Summary:

The woman, who is a professional (document is missing credentials) that offers mobile services, got a direct message from Watson on Instagram in July 2020, according to court documents.

The lawsuit alleges they eventually agreed to meet at a Houston hotel on the afternoon of August 2, 2020.

Court documents said Watson kept asking if he could remove his towel, but the woman told him no. Soon, according to the lawsuit, Watson began demonstrating "aggressive behavior". After pressuring her to massage his buttocks, Watson told her to "get in there" and demanded the woman put her fingers on his anus.

At one point, the lawsuit alleges the woman went to the bathroom and Watson was completely naked when she returned. He allegedly asked if she would be willing to "do more" for extra money.

According to the lawsuit, when the woman declined, Watson was angered and told her to leave.

*(Second Jane Doe 9 Allegations - 8/17/20)

JANE DOE 2

First contact: August 14th, 2020

Allegations: August 28th, 2020

Credentials: Unlicensed Masseuse

Summary:

The woman is an unlicensed masseuse in Atlanta who says she plans on taking classes to get her massage therapy license. Watson contacted her on Instagram last August and agreed to pay for her flight to Houston.

They met at the Houstonian Hotel where he had a suite. The lawsuit alleges Watson refused to cover his penis with a towel, repeatedly encouraged her to massage there and kept aggressively redirecting her hands towards his anus.

Watson eventually got specific and said he wanted her to work on his inner anus.
Plaintiff ignored this request because it was odd.

After again refusing to cover himself, plaintiff ended the massage and said she needed to leave. Watson then grabbed her arm and said, "it is ok, it is ok". Plaintiff said she needed to catch her plane and left.

She said Watson only paid half of what she was owed and later contacted her about getting a massage in Atlanta, but she didn’t respond.

JANE DOE 4

First contact: (Assigned)

First Allegations: September 9th, 2020

Second Allegations: October 2020

Credentials: Licensed Esthetician/Spa Worker

Summary:

The lawsuit says Watson initially contacted the licensed esthetician’s boss, asking for a photograph of the plaintiff and asked if he could give the plaintiff a massage. She politely declined.

Before the appointment, Watson kept texting the plaintiff to ask if anyone was going to be at the spa. He requested to us a back door.

During the first appointment in September, the woman said Watson became aroused and asked her what she was going to do about it. She told Watson that his behavior was inappropriate.

She said she was afraid and wanted to end the session, but she is a single mother and the spa job was her only source of income. The session ended without further incident.

During the next appointment in October, the woman said Watson escalated his behavior and told her she was wearing too many clothes, tried to kiss her and tried to put his penis in her hand.

This time, she said she cut the session short and Watson immediately left.

JANE DOE 5

First contact: September 2020

Allegations: September 24th, 2020

Credentials: Business Owner

Summary:

Plaintiff has owned and operated her own fitness company for three years.

This massage took place in September 2020 at a Houston salon where the woman rents a room, according to the civil assault lawsuit.

The woman alleges Watson asked if he could be naked and if it was OK if he became aroused, but she told him to cover himself.

Regardless, Watson was soon fully erect. She said he “continued to move his body in a way that would cause his penis to repeatedly touch the plaintiff’s hand". The plaintiff was shocked and started avoiding his groin.

Lying on his back, Watson eventually ejaculated. The plaintiff felt disgusted and immediately left the room. Watson dressed himself and left.

JANE DOE 16 (!)

First contact: (Assigned)

Allegations: October 8th, 2020

Credentials: Licensed Body Contouring/Spa Worker

Summary:

Plaintiff is a single mother who is licensed in body contouring and skin tightening and works for a spa in Houston. She was assigned to perform a massage on Watson by her boss.

She said she declined to sign a non-disclosure agreement before the meeting.

According to the lawsuit, Watson did not show up for the appointment until the spa was empty at 7PM.

At the spa, Watson immediately got naked and laid face-down on the table.

When massaging around his buttocks, Watson told the plaintiff not to be scared and to "go deeper". She declined. After this, Watson flipped over and exposed his penis. Watson told her to massage his groin and then brushed his penis up against her, which terrified plaintiff.

Watson told her not to be afraid to "touch him".
She told him that she was not being paid to do that. Watson then responded that it was what he paid for. She declined and quickly ended the massage.

She said Watson only paid one-third of what he owed.

JANE DOE 6

First contact: October 19th, 2020

First Allegations: October 19th, 2020

Second Allegations: November 2nd, 2020

Credentials: Unlicensed Masseuse

Summary:

The single mother plaintiff says that Watson initially contacted her and said he wanted sports therapy. They scheduled an appointment and she says that Watson was respectful at the beginning of the massage in October 2020.

But she said he soon began moving in a “provocative manner” and exposed himself. The rest of the massage went without incident. Plaintiff was confused but hadn't been touched so she gave Watson the benefit of the doubt.

When Watson arrived for a second massage in November, she said he caught her off guard and kissed her, then asked her to focus on his buttocks and penis area. She told Watson that he was being inappropriate but did not stop the massage as she needed the money.

Watson asked her to massage his penis area but she refused. Watson grew irritated and said he would pay extra. When she refused again, he pleaded "well can you do it just for me?".

She refused again, so he got angry and left.

A few weeks later, Watson again reached out to her asking if she was available. She told him that she would not work for him again.

JANE DOE 3

First contact: December 2020

Allegations: December 28th, 2020

Credentials: Licensed Massage Therapist

Summary:

The recently engaged plaintiff was contacted by Watson in December 2020 to set up an appointment, which was ultimately scheduled for December 28th. The plaintiff and her mother arrived at the office before Watson so that her mother could help her set up. Her mother saw Watson walk into the building as she left.

Watson quickly began aggressively dictating the massage. As she became more uncomfortable with being told to massage his buttocks, he allegedly told her made it clear that he could help, or hurt, her career. When Watson told her to massage his "inner-groin" area, she told him that she needed a special tool. He told her that he didn't want her using a tool.

Plaintiff alleges that Watson became even more assertive, telling her to move her hands back to his groin area, and then telling her to brush her hand over his genitals. Plaintiff began shaking from fear, as she worried what the repercussions of upsetting him could be.

Watson then verbally coerced the defendant into moving her mouth towards his penis and performing oral sex on him.
Plaintiff claims she had blacked out from fear and did not consent to being put into the position that she was.

After he finished, the woman says that Watson got dressed and left. Plaintiff was in so much shock that she defecated on herself before her mother picked her up. Plaintiff says she blames herself for not preventing what happened.

JANE DOE 10

First contact: January 2021

Allegations: January 21st, 2021

Summary:

The married plaintiff is a licensed massage therapist. Plaintiff has worked on other professional athletes in the past. In late January, Watson reached out to her on Instagram to book an appointment.

Before the appointment, Watson insisted multiple times that the session be "private" and kept asking if anyone else would be around. Watson also asked if he needed to be covered, to which she said absolutely.

During the massage, Watson made several requests for her to massage places she was not comfortable with. She eventually stepped back and made it verbally clear to Watson that this was going to remain professional.

After a few minutes Watson briefly exposed his penis. She tried to tell herself it was just an innocent mistake. Eventually he started making inappropriate requests again. Plaintiff started to freak out, and Watson exposed his erection and placed it on her hand. He told her that felt good and asked her to do it again. She declined.

Watson then told her in a coy tone that "I do not want to make you do anything you do not want to do". Plaintiff ended the massage and Watson left.

The plaintiff claims the alleged encounter has left her with deep emotional trauma and has even impacted her marriage.

JANE DOE 8

First contact: March 3rd, 2021

Allegations: March 5th, 2021

Summary:

Plaintiff owns her own massage therapy business in Georgia. She is a single mother of two children.

Watson reached out to plaintiff over Instagram DM to arrange an appointment in Atlanta. They arranged it for the 4th, but Watson did not message the plaintiff until 9PM that night and she did not feel comfortable. They agreed to do the massage the next day.

Watson asked plaintiff if the suite she had rented for the massage was private. She said yes. He insisted on entering through a back door.

At the start, Watson told her to remove her mask, but she refused due to COVID regulations that required her to wear it while working with a client.

Watson stripped naked and got on the massage table, which made the plaintiff uncomfortable so she covered him with a sheet. Eventually he told her to remove the sheet and "get into his glutes". Plaintiff told Watson that he was not to lay on her table naked.

Eventually, while still working on his glutes, Watson told her to "go deeper" and oil his buttocks. She was uncomfortable but felt she could not afford to upset Watson so she complied. Watson then flipped over and asked her to massage his testicles. She declined, but Watson removed the sheet anyway and exposed his penis to her. He then put his penis on her hand as she tried to cover him, which shocked her and made her recoil.

Watson realized that the plaintiff was not going to do what he wanted, so he paid her and left.

Last edited:
Watson sounds like a pig & I think he’s all finished.
These fucking big time athletes & famous male celebs just think they can humiliate & disrespect women, act like they are doing some huge thing for them by “letting” them touch their nasty dick & whatever else, & go on with life like nothing happened all the while not giving a damn about the damage they just did to someone. This stuff gets my shit hot. Fuck em. All of them.

Last edited:
I screwed up and didn't paste it all. Last post edited and here is the rest:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

MARCH 16TH:

- JANE DOE 1 LAWSUIT FILED

TONY BUZBEE STATEMENT:

"I am extremely proud to represent those who have no perceived power against those who have PERCEIVED power. Things are changing in this country, in this great state, and in this great city. And I feel like it’s for the better, for all of us! Today we filed suit against Deshaun Watson. Too many times women have put up with behavior that we all know no one should put up with. Should we make excuses for the famous? Or those who hold special positions, or quarterbacks on a local professional football team? I don’t think so! All people are equal, and all deserve dignity and respect. My dad was a butcher. My mother drove my school bus and worked in the snack bar. Knowing what I know now: My momma had more dignity in her pinky finger than most executives or coaches or politicians or famous athletes have in their whole bodies! This case we just filed against Watson isn’t about money—it’s about dignity and stopping behavior that should be stopped, NOW! Stay tuned for details. LET ME SAY THIS. I’m a Marine. I’m not easily intimidated. If you have info or have been part of this, contact my office: txattorneys.com."

DESHAUN WATSON STATEMENT:

"As a result of a social media post by a publicity-seeking plantiffs lawyer, I recently became aware of a lawsuit that has apparently been filed against me. I have not yet seen the complaint, but I know this: I have never treated any woman with anything other than the utmost respect. The plantiff's lawyer claims that this isn't about money, but before filing suit he made a baseless six-figure settlement demand, which I quickly rejected. Unlike him, this isn't about money for me - it's about clearing my name, and I look forward to doing that."

MARCH 17TH:

TONY BUZBEE STATEMENT:

"My associate, Cornelia, and I will file the second of what is now four cases on behalf of women against Deshaun Watson today. The cases allege assault. We won't share the alleged details here, and we won't try the case in the press, but the cases are publicly filed for all to see. I appreciate the calls of support that we have received from those who support these brave women. It takes a lot of guts to stand up to the powerful, when you are perceived powerless. Since filing the first case yesterday, I have had several death threats and multiple people have harassed my children. The blame the victim (or her lawyers) mentality is alive and well!! I love football as much as the next person (although I've never been a Texans fan.) But I don't love it that much!! Makes me shake my head that people are so passionate about football to the point of irrationality, while at the same time they could care less who the mayor or president will be."

- JANE DOE 2 LAWSUIT FILED

TONY BUZBEE STATEMENT:

"Third lawsuit of now six to be filed, against Deshaun Watson, alleging assault. This one is the most egregious, to date. Again, I won't share details here, but we have open courts in our Texas Constitution, meaning all lawsuits are public record. Our staff has received numerous calls. We screen each one, and I personally talk with and screen any individual on whose behalf we file. I've been doing this a long time. I don't need "fame," and, to be quite honest, and I say this as modestly as I can, if I never made another penny I would be quite okay. Point is, I'm not pursuing these cases for the money, and every woman who has filed thus far has only plead the minimum amount to invoke the court's jurisdiction ($500). This isn't about the money!! And to be clear: I’ve had many high profile cases in my life. I represented a sitting governor when he faced life in prison. I’ve represented widows, orphans, amputees, and those horribly burned or injured. As lead, I’ve handled many mass torts and class actions recovering hundreds of millions of dollars. I’ve tried and won some of the largest cases in Texas history. But, I will say I’ve never faced the nastiness and vitriol I’ve experienced in this case. People are crazy! Threatening my kids? People I know? Threatening my fiancé? Telling me they will kill me or they hope I die? All because of football?? Get a grip!! Yet: We won’t be deterred or intimidated by key board warriors. As a Recon Marine I’ve seen danger—I’m not at all concerned by dumb shits with a keyboard. Haha. I’ll continue to proudly represent those who are written off and marginalized in our society. These cases are exactly why many of us became lawyers."

- JANE DOE 3 LAWSUIT FILED

MARCH 18TH:

TONY BUZBEE STATEMENT:

"The Buzbee Law Firm has now been hired by nine women to bring cases against Deshaun Watson. The allegations are similar. We have filed three, and, as we complete our due diligence, will file the remaining ones in due course. We are talking to several others. Cornelia and I appreciate the kind words, and outpouring of support for these brave women who are wiling to come forward and be heard. No matter what you do in life, there will always be detractors. As my dad always said: "If you are right, go ahead!" And so we go."

- JANE DOE 4 LAWSUIT FILED

- JANE DOE 5 LAWSUIT FILED

- JANE DOE 6 LAWSUIT FILED

- JANE DOE 7 LAWSUIT FILED

MARCH 19TH:

DAVID MULUGHETA STATEMENT (Deshaun Watson's agent):

"Sexual assault is real. Victims should be heard, offenders prosecuted. Individuals fabricate stories in pursuit of financial gain often. Their victims should be heard, and those offenders also prosecuted. I simply hope we keep this same energy with the truth."

FULL TONY BUZBEE PRESS CONFERENCE

TRANSCRIPT OF OPENING SPEECH

RUSTY HARDIN STATEMENT (Deshaun Watson's lawyer):

"I am extremely proud to represent Deshaun Watson and wholly stand behind him. However, we will wait to comment in detail until we've completed our review of the numerous, evolving allegations from Mr. Buzbee. We will respond next week and ask you to keep an open mind until we do so."

MARCH 20TH:

TONY BUZBEE STATEMENT:

"Per advice from a well known criminal defense attorney: Our team will be submitting affidavits and evidence from several women, who had experiences with Deshaun Watson, to the Houston Police Department and the Houston District Attorney, on Monday morning. We will request that a grand jury be empaneled to consider the evidence we provide. "

MARCH 22ND:

- JANE DOE 8 LAWSUIT FILED

- JANE DOE 9 LAWSUIT FILED

- JANE DOE 10 LAWSUIT FILED

- JANE DOE 11 LAWSUIT FILED

- JANE DOE 12 LAWSUIT FILED

- JANE DOE 13 LAWSUIT FILED

- JANE DOE 14 LAWSUIT FILED

MARCH 23RD:

- JANE DOE 15 LAWSUIT FILED

- JANE DOE 16 LAWSUIT FILED

RUSTY HARDIN STATEMENT:

"I want to emphasize at the outset that we and Deshaun recognize that sexual assault and harassment are not only unlawful, but morally wrong. It takes courage for women to come forward to report being mistreated, particularly when they attach their names to a lawsuit. We do not take these allegations lightly. However, fairness to the accused is equally as important.

Opposing counsel has orchestrated a circus-like atmosphere by using social media to publicize 14 'Jane Doe' lawsuits during the past seven days in a manner calculated to inflame the public and malign Deshaun’s otherwise sterling reputation. In addition, the tactic of refusing our requests to confidentially provide the names of the plaintiffs so we can fully investigate their claims makes uncovering the truth extremely difficult. Anonymity is often necessary as a shield for victims but opposing counsel has used it as a sword to publicly humiliate Deshaun before the truth seeking process can even begin.

I believe that any allegation that Deshaun forced a woman to commit a sexual act is completely false. And in the one case in which we have been able to identify a plaintiff, we have strong evidence showing the allegation is false. In January of this year, a woman attempted to blackmail Deshaun by demanding $30,000 in exchange for her "indefinite silence" about what she stated was a consensual encounter. It is our belief this woman is the plaintiff in Cause No. 2021-15613. (Please see the attached declaration by Bryan Burney.) This calls into question the legitimacy of the other cases as well.

We have received numerous unsolicited comments in the past week from many licensed massage therapists who have worked with Deshaun in recent years. These women describe him as a gentleman and a model client who never engaged in inappropriate conduct. Indeed, before these salacious claims, everyone who associated with Deshaun described him as an outstanding, respectful, and compassionate man.

Again, we are taking the allegations very seriously but we ask only that people not rush to judgment, that people not be unduly influenced by opposing counsel's antics, and that they let fundamental fairness to both sides rule the day. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

BRYAN BURNEY DECLARATION (Deshaun Watson's equipment manager):

"1. My name is Bryan Burney. I am the marketing manager for Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, and have had this role for more than three years. I have personal knowledge of the facts stated in this declaration; they are true and correct.

1. In mid-January 2021, I spoke with an individual who I believe is the Plaintiff, identified as “Jane Doe,” in Jane Doe v. Deshaun Watson, Cause No. 2021-15613 [ JANE DOE 3 ], currently pending in Harris County, Texas. It is clear to me that the person I spoke with met with Deshaun on December 28, 2020, the same day that Jane Doe contends in her petition that she met with Deshaun. When I spoke with Ms. Doe in January, she stated that she wanted a “settlement” from Deshaun, though what exactly she wished to “settle” was not clear to me.
  2. During my discussions with Ms. Doe, I questioned the factual basis for the “settlement” that she was requesting from Deshaun. Ms. Doe informed me that she was asking to be paid $30,000 for what she referred to as “indefinite silence” about her encounter with Deshaun. I asked her what she would be silent about and whether anything had happened with Deshaun against her will. She confirmed that everything that occurred was consensual during her encounter with Deshaun. I asked Ms. Doe why Deshaun should pay for silence regarding something that was consensual – whatever it was. She said that it was a matter that both she and Deshaun would wish to keep secret and that she would need to be paid for her “silence.”
  3. After my conversation with Ms. Doe, I received a call from a man purporting to be her “business manager.” Ms. Doe’s business manager told me that her encounter with Deshaun would be embarrassing if revealed and that Deshaun should pay to keep the matter secret.
  4. I told this individual that his demand to be paid for not revealing a consensual interaction between two adults was extortion.
  5. He responded, “It’s not extortion, it’s blackmail.”
  6. I informed this individual that Deshaun would not be paying the $30,000 requested.
  7. In the years that I have known Deshaun, I have known him to be a respectful, decent human being. I do not believe him capable of the conduct that “Jane Doe” has anonymously accused him of in this case. This conduct is also completely inconsistent with multiple statements made by Jane Doe and by her “business manager,” indicating that her encounter with Deshaun involved only consensual activity."

TONY BUZBEE STATEMENT:

“Alleged sexual misconduct is serious. Attempting to criminalize or minimize those that speak out or step forward is wrong. I have been asked to respond to a released statement by Mr. Watson’s counsel.

My first reaction is that there have been so many massage sessions from Instagram that Mr. Watson can’t keep track of them—recall he, on Twitter, initially criticized me and denied everything. I can’t tell you how many people have stepped forward to report similar conduct or provide information. That info will be released, again in public filings—not in the media.

My second reaction is a question: why would his marketing agent admit Watson had sex for pay with a massage therapist, consensual or otherwise? We will also provide a copy of the non-disclosure agreement that Deshaun Watson and his marketing manager repeatedly insisted that Jane Doe (and others) sign after (and sometimes before) the “massage session,” which she refused to sign.

I do appreciate Mr. Hardin’s professionalism and his words of support for victims, but would respectfully suggest there are many facts here, that we will put in public filings, that Mr. Hardin might not be aware of. We will provide additional details in a statement, consistent with our ethical obligations in due course. I’m hoping we can do so by Friday."

Could Watson's career be over??? Best case scenario might well be he is gone for a year and presents himself front and centre on a national, anti-harassment campaign as a reformed abuser.

It could get very ugly for him.

Why oh why do those guys do it??? They're multi-millionaires. If they want to get laid, pay a very high-class hooker thousands knowing she will be forever discrete. Same with Kraft, why go to a cheap rub n'tug when you could pay for something so much better, and safer.
Yes.

Back