We got JuJu!

OK. Glad that myth was dispelled. A real mystery then why JuJu had to sign a 1-year 3.7M base deal with the Chiefs when he was such an amazing player with no question marks a year ago.

Locker Room Not Pleased with Letting Jakobi Go, no matter how much shills here try to push organizational messaging.

I like Meyers. He worked his way up from an udfa to be somebody and that is admirable. I wanted him re-signed here.
But at the same time the business of the NFL is to get better at every opportunity or risk falling farther behind. Value matters, too.
McDaniels outbid BB for Jakobi just as BB outbid Andy Reid for Juju. At the time the Chiefs only had $3M in cap space. That happens every day in the NFL during free agency.

Giardi writes in that article that the contracts are the same but 3 yrs/$33M is not the same as 3 yrs/$25M with incentives.
The cap hits of the 2 contracts are also very different.
Giardi also writes that Juju's ceiling is higher.

BB signed a higher ceiling player to a more team friendly deal. That's how NFL teams improve.

I like Meyers. He worked his way up from an udfa to be somebody and that is admirable. I wanted him re-signed here.
But at the same time the business of the NFL is to get better at every opportunity or risk falling farther behind. Value matters, too.
McDaniels outbid BB for Jakobi just as BB outbid Andy Reid for Juju. At the time the Chiefs only had $3M in cap space. That happens every day in the NFL during free agency.

Giardi writes in that article that the contracts are the same but 3 yrs/$33M is not the same as 3 yrs/$25M with incentives.

BB signed a higher ceiling player to a more team friendly deal. That's how NFL teams improve.

Jakobi’s deal is basically a 1-year deal. Getting JuJu was maybe a push. Not an improvement. Not a believable sell that it was an upgrade. We will see though

Jakobi’s deal is basically a 1-year deal. Getting JuJu was maybe a push. Not an improvement. Not a believable sell that it was an upgrade. We will see though
Go away TROLL.

“An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.”

Locker Room Facts

That’s interesting that McCourty felt he was the next locker room leader. It also says that the Patriots didn't want to pay him. That really doesn’t seem to be the case given juju pretty much got the same contract. There is obviously something else going on here with Myers. I have no idea what it could have been. Typically Bill values leadership and locker room presence over a slight upgrade in talent.

love meyers, not a fan of juju(external to talent) but reasonable people should be able to read your post and see why this pair of moves was a good "risk".

I didn't realize JuJu had such a long history with injuries.

love meyers, not a fan of juju(external to talent) but reasonable people should be able to read your post and see why this pair of moves was a good "risk".

Don't we all think Juju's tik tok stuff is likely over now?

Are you just playing dumb?
Probably not just playing dumb. 1 of 2 things likely about why he doesn't understand:

1. When a person of average intelligence doesn't understand something, they try to figure out what they might be missing.
When a person of limited intelligence doesn't understand something, they assume it's a true mystery that no one can understand. Dunning-Kruger effect.

2. (more likely) He is simply a toxic person. For whatever reason, he is merely spreading rancor using sarcasm and misstating/misinterpreting facts for whatever payoff he gets by annoying/frustrating people who try to understand what he is saying/doing. Every workplace has one or two, but they thrive on the anonymity of internet forums.

OK. Glad that myth was dispelled. A real mystery then why JuJu had to sign a 1-year 3.7M base deal with the Chiefs when he was such an amazing player with no question marks a year ago.

It's not a mystery at all and I'm sure you already know the answer but just in case you don't here's the answer.

Juju had been sought by the Chiefs in '21 but he turned them down to stay with the Steelers. In '22 the Chiefs came calling again and with all that was going on with the Steelers he took them up on their offer this time. He signed a heavily incentivized contract to help the Chiefs keep their cap hit low since they were close to the cap. It was a $10.75M contract with incentives he thought he was likely to make so he bet on himself. At the same time the Chiefs' cap hit for him stayed low at the $3.25M base.

But I'm sure you already know all this.

He hit every incentive except 2: for making the Pro Bowl ($1M) & for playing 50% of the snaps in the AFCCG. He played 45% so he missed out on making that $1M incentive, too.

He did play 69% of the SB snaps so he got that $1M for playing 50% of the snaps in the SB.

Totaled he made $8.75M of his $10.75M contract.

PFT spells it all out here.

It's not a mystery at all and I'm sure you already know the answer but just in case you don't here's the answer.

Juju had been sought by the Chiefs in '21 but he turned them down to stay with the Steelers. In '22 the Chiefs came calling again and with all that was going on with the Steelers he took them up on their offer this time. He signed a heavily incentivized contract to help the Chiefs keep their cap hit low since they were close to the cap. It was a $10.75M contract with incentives he thought he was likely to make so he bet on himself. At the same time the Chiefs' cap hit for him stayed low at the $3.25M base.

But I'm sure you already know all this.

He hit every incentive except 2: for making the Pro Bowl ($1M) & for playing 50% of the snaps in the AFCCG. He played 45% so he missed out on making that $1M incentive, too.

He did play 69% of the SB snaps so he got that $1M for playing 50% of the snaps in the SB.

Totaled he made $8.75M of his $10.75M contract.

PFT spells it all out here.

Now here you go again Chevs, stating facts ;)

Which Patriots players are tik tok -ing?
It was always going to be a matter of time. I don’t think we give Bill enough credit for understanding the younger generation, and their need for a public image. I very much doubt he tells juju to get off of TikTok. That being said, I am sure What he posts on TikTok will be some thing that Bill speaks to him about, but I very much doubt he closes him down.

It was always going to be a matter of time. I don’t think we give Bill enough credit for understanding the younger generation, and their need for a public image. I very much doubt he tells juju to get off of TikTok. That being said, I am sure What he posts on TikTok will be some thing that Bill speaks to him about, but I very much doubt he closes him down.

I Respect That GIF by Patriot Act

But he's already been shut down.

Last edited:
Back