We got JuJu!

Everyone is missing the biggest stat where Juju is better. TDs!! for God's sake.

29 in 6 years vs 8 in 4 for Jakobi.

They're very similar players but Juju gets open in the EZ.
What was our biggest issue on O last year? RZ production. He'll help that an awful lot.
I mean, I'm sure Kelce poached some of his RZ targets, but Meyers scored twice as many TDs as Juju last year in a way worse offense and with less games played.

I mean, I'm sure Kelce poached some of his RZ targets, but Meyers scored twice as many TDs as Juju last year in a way worse offense and with less games played.

Meyers was our leading WR. Juju was KC's #3 receiver.

The biggest reason the Pats chose Juju is a dynamic Smith-Schuster will bring to the position that Meyers didn’t. Last year – and really the last few years since Julian Edelman left – the Patriots’ offense has been hamstrung at times by a lack of ability to create after the catch, especially from the slot receiver position. Smith-Schuster should help fix that.

Since entering the NFL in 2017, Smith-Schuster ranks second among all NFL receivers with at least 400 catches in YAC (yards after catch) average at 5.6 yards per reception, per Pro Football Reference. That trails only Cooper Kupp. Last season, Smith-Schuster averaged a career-high 6.0 YAC per reception, which ranked fifth in the NFL among receivers with at least 50 catches.

By comparison, Meyers averaged 3.5 YAC per reception last year, which ranked tied for 32nd in the NFL. For his career, he’s averaged 3.4 YAC per reception.

The Pats targeted Juju and outbid KC to get him

View: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1636084020118188032

Last edited:
Pure YAC per catch, JuJu was the best WR not named Cooper Kupp.
He was on an offense that had a funny habit of scoring from 40 yards out.

The biggest reason the Pats chose Juju is a dynamic Smith-Schuster will bring to the position that Meyers didn’t. Last year – and really the last few years since Julian Edelman left – the Patriots’ offense has been hamstrung at times by a lack of ability to create after the catch, especially from the slot receiver position. Smith-Schuster should help fix that.

Since entering the NFL in 2017, Smith-Schuster ranks second among all NFL receivers with at least 400 catches in YAC (yards after catch) average at 5.6 yards per reception, per Pro Football Reference. That trails only Cooper Kupp. Last season, Smith-Schuster averaged a career-high 6.0 YAC per reception, which ranked fifth in the NFL among receivers with at least 50 catches.

By comparison, Meyers averaged 3.5 YAC per reception last year, which ranked tied for 32nd in the NFL. For his career, he’s averaged 3.4 YAC per reception.

Spot on.

Each time Juju has surpassed 900 yards he’s been the 2nd option to a HOF talent that dictates coverage. (AB, Kelce)

Proof we need a 1st option!! :coffee:

We lost Meyers but got a proven slot receiver in Smith Shuster, personally I think it's a good move, now get us a true #1 wr and we are in business.

Does this mean then that the 2 straight years that JuJu averaged a meager 8 yards per reception for a season, he basically received the ball only a couple yards off the line of scrimmage?? YAC is overrated especially when it doesn't translate to a game breaking play. JuJu isn't that fast so he still gets tackled and doesn't average more yards per catch than Meyers did despite Meyers being bad at YAC

Last edited:
I think you guys are overthinking this. Basically, Bill felt it was better to replace Meyers with juju probably because there was issues with Myers. At least his tweet would indicate that. So it really doesn’t move the needle at all except that we basically did a swap. Maybe we get some more TDs out of juju but I guess it depends where his head is at. As others have said, we still need WR1. So hopefully that is coming real soon.

Ju ju is way older than his age. The chiefs didn’t want him because he’s close to bone on bone in his knees. The Steelers also are aware of this.
This is not an upgrade from meyers.

I think you guys are overthinking this. Basically, Bill felt it was better to replace Meyers with juju probably because there was issues with Myers. At least his tweet would indicate that. So it really doesn’t move the needle at all except that we basically did a swap. Maybe we get some more TDs out of juju but I guess it depends where his head is at. As others have said, we still need WR1. So hopefully that is coming real soon.

Meyers 8 TDs the last 2 years
JuJu 3 TDs the last 2 years

But I agree. This was a swap.
JuJu better pick up the playbook otherwise this was a bad swap

Back