We got JuJu!

Everyone who I see liking this Ju Ju signing was defending Jonnu Smith right up until he was traded.
The blind in BB we trust syndrome in this forum is unreal.
Ju Ju is washed. This is a bad signing.

And getting Hopkins will not make up for this. He is old. The cardinals are smart to move on. He’s got at most a season of good games left as a true number one.

The pats are not contenders for a Super Bowl next season. We need young guys who can develop. Or at least be around for 5 years.
Meyers is the only WR drafted by this franchise in 12 years who was worth a damn and they let him walk to sign an overrated washed JAG. At least Meyers was homegrown.
Well you got that wrong. I do like the Ju Ju signing . I was never a fan of Smith I felt he was a serious liability.

Wow, you're a medical doctor as well as a documented NFL expert!
I pay attention to what going on around the league. There are very good reasons why no one is interested in keeping this guy.

This is exactly what you said when I said Jonnu was a a terrible signing.
Yes Ju Ju is 26, but his knees are 36. If ge makes it through training camp we have a problem at the position.
The chiefs score what 60, 70 TDs a year? Color me skeptical on his production there translating here.
I thought Jonnu was going to be a great player for NE...things just never went right for whatever reasons.

This is exactly what you said when I said Jonnu was a a terrible signing.
Yes Ju Ju is 26, but his knees are 36. If ge makes it through training camp we have a problem at the position.
The chiefs score what 60, 70 TDs a year? Color me skeptical on his production there translating here.
So how is it Ju Juy still played in 16 games last season?

I pay attention to what going on around the league. There are very good reasons why no one is interested in keeping this guy.

So you think the New England Patriots will just fork out $33M on a player they may have caught a few glimpses of on the TV? You don't think in making an investment like this, a thorough amount of research would not have been undertaken with detailed medical examinations by quality, top-class doctors and experts?

Yes. It makes me more concerned we passed on Jakobi for this guy. Him running into a tree had me shaking my head. Seems not too sharp.
Meyers sounded like he wasn't coming back either way. I'm not actually his biggest fan either, but, he ended up being a respectable, dependable target when needed. He was way fucking better than Harry ever was.

No matter what, the past is the past and you have to look to the future.

It's kinda funny discussing all of this stuff when we all are just passively involved. It's like a form of LARP or something.

So you think the New England Patriots will just fork out $33M on a player they may have caught a few glimpses of on the TV? You don't think in making an investment like this, a thorough amount of research would not have been undertaken with detailed medical examinations by quality, top-class doctors and experts?
Have you watched Ju Ju? For real.
He is washed. This is a desperation move.
I’m gonna bow out of this thread cause I know a lot of this board disagrees with me out of reflex.
If BB adds Hopkins or Odell to this WR corps I’m going to be completely disgusted, and in a year the Pats will be in the same spot of needing to bring in and develop young talent at the position.
Hopkins does have some juice left at least.

I mean if we’re going to use arguments like this, then tell me why JuJu didn’t regress badly being a 8 yard per catch receiver in 2019 and 2020. Point is JuJu is a replacement but not a better WR than Meyers who was home grown and more reliable/dependable
Meyers was dependable, but always a #2/3. Juju has always had far more upside.

Have you watched Ju Ju? For real.
He is washed. This is a desperation move.
I’m gonna bow out of this thread cause I know a lot of this board disagrees with me out of reflex.
If BB adds Hopkins or Odell to this WR corps I’m going to be completely disgusted, and in a year the Pats will be in the same spot of needing to bring in and develop young talent at the position.
Hopkins does have some juice left at least.
Then please tell us who they should bring in.

honestly, bringing in retreads and not being able to draft and develop wrs consistently is the thing that needs to be examined. they need to decide if all their issues finding wrs who can be productive in n.e. relate to something they can change or adapt with.

I was thinking recently, they should focus on what they have and make sure Thornton puts up 800+ yards next year and Bourne puts up 800+ yards. Otherwise Thornton was a 2nd round bust pick. Maximize time coaching this kid up, make Thornton a focus for the staff. His skill set is a deep threat, deep route tree guy who can release and attack the deep corners. Thornton isn’t a short field player and also too frail. Bourne is the intermediate guy, put up elite WR metrics before landing in Fatt Matt’s doghouse.

honestly, bringing in retreads and not being able to draft and develop wrs consistently is the thing that needs to be examined. they need to decide if all their issues finding wrs who can be productive in n.e. relate to something they can change or adapt with.

Blow up the broken WR scouting system that was messed up by Caserio/McDaniels in 2004-2005. Deion Branch was the last good one they drafted high before the John Carroll idiots broke it. Since then only lowly Edelman and Meyers have panned out being developed low and over time. It’s an abysmal track record over 18yrs since Deion Branch. Go back to Bill’s dad’s original WR scouting methods.

Are you calling juju a retread? Im curious.

Ironically, Jakobi Meyers is the best recent example of the Patriots finding a wide receiver and developing him. UDFA.

Last edited:
I don’t see the value there this year in FA or the draft. I would take a tackle in the first of this years draft, and address WR next season.

If they decide to invest major capitol and money at WR this offseason I want it to be Higgens.

As much as I’ve panned Hopkins id rather have him than give up a first for either Broncos WR..

Everyone who I see liking this Ju Ju signing was defending Jonnu Smith right up until he was traded.

The blind in BB we trust syndrome in this forum is unreal.
Sigh. First, I don't see any connection to liking or not liking Jonnu Smith and liking or not liking JJSS. What does this even mean?

Second, WTF you talking about? Everyone was defending Jonnu Smith? Just before he was traded? In what alternate universe have you been smoking?

Look at the Jonnu Smith traded thread.

Blind trust of Pats fans in BB? How about blind hate of BB by some non Pats fans here?

Back