We got JuJu!

If the target is OBJ, Jeudy or Dhom and have Juju on mop up duty down the middle then I don't have an issue with the signing.

I do, however, have an issue with his persona. I hope this doesn't end up generating needless problems down the road.
This is my main concern.

If the target is OBJ, Jeudy or Dhop and have Juju on mop up duty down the middle then I don't have an issue with the signing.

Except...

I do, however, have an issue with his persona. I hope this doesn't end up generating needless problems down the road.

This is my main concern.

if Matt Patricia was still OC I'da have concerns, but not w/ BO'B Captaining the O

Matt would deal w/ any persona problems on an intellectual level

BO'B would probably just punch him out Dot-style :)

Highlights video below. Some thoughts. I don’t think he’s better than Jakobi.

1. He has pedigree and a name. High draft pick by the Steelers and then a strong start to his career
2. He’s had some erratic bad years. Weird 55% catch rate years and two straight years only averaging a terrible 8 yards a catch. This guy doesn’t have speed nor is good at yards after catch. He also seems a but overweight, can someone get him to lose 10 pounds.
3. There is also a question mark if he can seamlessly digest the Patriots playbook or run every WR play Patriots-style. This is a risk compared to just keeping a known guy like Meyers.
4. Overall am neutral on the move. It’s not an improvement over just keeping Jakobi Meyers in the first place

View: https://youtu.be/J48nD3RKsxs

BB could have signed him for cheap last year...
But we had Meyers.

I've always been very mixed on JuJu. I think fans will grow to love his personality and attitude, plus his huge, soft hands. He's a weird dude, but unquestionably an alpha dog, and tough. When he broke his hand at USC and didn't miss any time...that sticks in the memory banks, y'know?

I wasn't rooting to bring him in, but with Meyers leaving he makes sense as a possession WR who brings more size and some YAC ability to the table. Also gives more flexibility in the draft, similarly to bringing in Reiff & Anderson. And Jones. Now they don't have to go WR, OT, or CB in round 1, though none of those positions are logjammed if they do. Maybe CB a bit.

Which makes me wonder if they're going to end up going TE and/or safety by the top of the 2nd?

If they go WR high in the draft, though, I wonder if we see them ship Parker? He's not quite redundant to JuJu, but I could see an argument that he falls into the category of opportunity cost of reps/targets.

But we had Meyers.

I've always been very mixed on JuJu. I think fans will grow to love his personality and attitude, plus his huge, soft hands. He's a weird dude, but unquestionably an alpha dog, and tough. When he broke his hand at USC and didn't miss any time...that sticks in the memory banks, y'know?

I wasn't rooting to bring him in, but with Meyers leaving he makes sense as a possession WR who brings more size and some YAC ability to the table. Also gives more flexibility in the draft, similarly to bringing in Reiff & Anderson. And Jones. Now they don't have to go WR, OT, or CB in round 1, though none of those positions are logjammed if they do. Maybe CB a bit.

Which makes me wonder if they're going to end up going TE and/or safety by the top of the 2nd?

If they go WR high in the draft, though, I wonder if we see them ship Parker? He's not quite redundant to JuJu, but I could see an argument that he falls into the category of opportunity cost of reps/targets.
2weeks ago I would have gagged even thinking this.

Today?

Get Mayer outta ND.

But we had Meyers.

Parker was also a head scratcher deal...dealing him wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Highlights video below. Some thoughts. I don’t think he’s better than Jakobi.

1. He has pedigree and a name. High draft pick by the Steelers and then a strong start to his career
2. He’s had some erratic bad years. Weird 55% catch rate years and two straight years only averaging a terrible 8 yards a catch. This guy doesn’t have speed nor is good at yards after catch. He also seems a but overweight, can someone get him to lose 10 pounds.
3. There is also a question mark if he can seamlessly digest the Patriots playbook or run every WR play Patriots-style. This is a risk compared to just keeping a known guy like Meyers.
4. Overall am neutral on the move. It’s not an improvement over just keeping Jakobi Meyers in the first place

View: https://youtu.be/J48nD3RKsxs

Last 2 healthy seasons, 75% Catch Rate and 77% Catch rate, both higher than Meyers ever had.

Smith-Schuster - 4.51 40
Jakobi Meyers - 4.67 40

Literally what are are you even talking about?

He's a slight upgrade over Meyers for the same money. That's all I'm saying, but to sit here and pretend he's worse in the face of objective facts...literally what?

Back