WEEI stuck on the Dillon thing.....

Spinal Tap

dicktowel.com
Reaction score
...I'm getting real tired of this. Isn't there something else to talk about besides whether or not Corey Dillon should have been sent in for his 2 yards???!!!

Well at least they aren't talking about Pedro's contract or Varitek's no trade clause......................yet.

I'm a slave to sports radio, and I hate it... :banghead:

Spinal Tap said:
...I'm getting real tired of this. Isn't there something else to talk about besides whether or not Corey Dillon should have been sent in for his 2 yards???!!!

Well at least they aren't talking about Pedro's contract or Varitek's no trade clause......................yet.

I appreciate the heads-up. Now I can bypass 'EEI and go straight to the all Christmas music station.

Spinal Tap said:

Hey dude - chin up, it could be worse. You could be me and be forced to listen to hours of commentary on whether or not Mike Tice keeps his job if the Vikings don't make the playoffs this year. Phrases I hear on a daily basis while tuned in:

"The Vikings lost another game to an inferior opponent that they should have destroyed."

"How come we can't get Michael Bennett more involved in the game plan?"

"Remember how good we were when Atlanta beat us in the NFC Championship game?"

"Denny Green sure sucked as a coach."

The last one cracks me up. One of the sportscasters here hates him so much that he still follows his career exploits. On Monday he called one of the sportscasters in Arizona to see if everyone down there thought he sucked as a coach yet.

Probably similar to the talk about Belichick down in Cleveland. Funny, but sad.

ESPN radio is still stuck on Giambi and Balco.

Can we get some kind of insightful commentary on the NFL please!

Sports talk radio not unlike any other media source gravitates to the negative. Unfortunately that is what gets them ratings. :banghead:

I don't listen to WEEI much anymore - I enjoyed hearing Fred Smerlas talking trash with some Steelers fan yesterday - that was good.

There is some guy on that station who has the worst radio voice I have ever heard. What is even more amazing is that he does the play-by-play for the Bruins. I can't be alone in thinking this.

Spinal Tap said:

It was absolutely ridiculous this morning. Calahan was going on about how Belichick and Dillon lied about not knowing how many yards he had (like anyone really would be upset that he got his 100 yards). The only thing that made it tolerable was that John Dennis wasn't agreeing with him, so they were going at each other.
________
Suzuki Hayabusa specifications

thomas144 said:

There is some guy on that station who has the worst radio voice I have ever heard. What is even more amazing is that he does the play-by-play for the Bruins. I can't be alone in thinking this.

Dale Arnald I use to like him .now he is just as bad as Callahan (sp?)

PA_PATS_FAN54 said:
Dale Arnald I use to like him .now he is just as bad as Callahan (sp?)

Dale Arnold is my least favorite radio personality. He should stick to Bruins games and quit his day job.........seriously.

PA_PATS_FAN54 said:
ESPN radio is still stuck on Giambi and Balco.

Can we get some kind of insightful commentary on the NFL please!

Sports talk radio not unlike any other media source gravitates to the negative. Unfortunately that is what gets them ratings. :banghead:

Oh yeah I forgot about that (just for a brief second). They were talking about that a lot last week, and some yesterday. Can we just move on from this steroid talk as well? I mean, whoever didn't know that Giambi & Bonds were doing steroids lives in a 3rd world country and calls Americans "infidels". Just because they admitted it doesn't make it a riveting sports story.

Can't we just talk about the matchup with Cincy?

I've come to the conclusion that most of the guys on sports radio don't really know that much about sports. Sure they know the players and the stories surrounding them, but they don't know squat about the actual sport and how it is played. I think that's why they shy away from doing actual analysis and stick to the gossip.

See the Dale & Neumy show for evidence.

I'm surprised it took as long as it has.............but here comes the Varitek contract talk.

I hate Steve Buckley. I know hate is a strong word, but it's how I feel.

I couldn't listen today with all that Dillon crap.

Fortunately I'm home and have TV as an option.

Every morning I get in my car, turn on WEEI listen for about 25 seconds and then switch the station. Sports talk radio is unbearable.

I agree with Tap most of these guys are those guys in high school who never played sports, but could tell you who played 3rd base for the Detroit Tigers in 1971. I used to hate those guys, because they would kill you with trivia, but they didn't know jack squat about what it felt like to move in for a tackle, only to get knocked on your @ss by the full back...

...not that it ever happened to me :D

Spinal Tap said:
Dale Arnold is my least favorite radio personality. He should stick to Bruins games and quit his day job.........seriously.

Arnald is bad but I HATE Neumier. (IMO)

If there is a negative angle he will take it. They all seem to think negative sports coverage is "riveting entertainment" it seems most of us think the opposite.

I say F every "radio/TV personality" that hypes every little "negative" aspect.

So fuggin what Dillon came in for a 2 yrd run get over it. :4321:

Spinal Tap said:

Listen to National Public Radio!

Some low-life sports media people come out with obnoxious allegations against players for the sole purpose of goading the player into some kind of out-burst. Ty Law has been a frequent victim of these antics, but he's injured so now the low-life types are going after Corey.

The players should see these sports media types for just what they are.

Spinal Tap said:
Oh come on, Your telling me you like Eddie Andelman and his "Hot dog Safari" bit BETTER than Dale?

Sorry guys, but Dillon is like that.. Maybe that isnt what happened, but if its the same old Dillon, I guarantee it is..

coreydildo.jpg

BengalBrian said:
Sorry guys, but Dillon is like that.. Maybe that isnt what happened, but if its the same old Dillon, I guarantee it is..

Dillon is like what? I think your missing the point here, We don't care that he asked back in the game for his two yards. WE think he deserved it. So did the o-line.

What WE don't like is the media making a big stink out of it becouse they don't have anything else to talk about. it's a non-issue, unless your a Jilted Bengals fan that thinks he sees Patriots fans with their panties in a ruffle. ain't gonna happen.

WHO-DEY LICKS HIMSELF!!!

Re: Re: WEEI stuck on the Dillon thing.....

dchester said:
It was absolutely ridiculous this morning. Calahan was going on about how Belichick and Dillon lied about not knowing how many yards he had (like anyone really would be upset that he got his 100 yards). The only thing that made it tolerable was that John Dennis wasn't agreeing with him, so they were going at each other.

This is a non issue. He needed two more yards, he got them. If I was going to get a bonus at work for not taking any sick days and I had a bout of the flu, you damn well better believe I'll be there to get MY two yards.

However, Belichek knows the top 15 plays every offense in the AFC has run for the current down and distance from the current field position. So don't play dumb and say you didn't know how many yards Corey had Bill (It doesn't matter anyhow). That's like Einstein saying he forgot how to add and subtract.

Back