WEEI's obvious lack of football accumen

Spinal Tap

dicktowel.com
Reaction score
Anybody listening to the "D&C" show this week will realize just how little those two dodes know about the wonderful game of football. If it isn't "Lowell or A-Rod" talk, it's "Patriots are running up the score and Brady's gonna get hurt" bullshit. Not one ounce of analysis of the actual game that will be played Sunday between the two best teams in all of the NFL.

There has been no mention of game plans, advantages, injury impact, coaching matchups, or any other topic that might be remotely related to not only the game of the week, but the regular season game of the fargin century!

Can someone please purchase ESPN 890 and put someone on the air that can actually discuss our beloved sport in an intelligent and analytical manner? I'm dying here!

ESPN Radio has great football talk throughout the day.

Walk away from EEI and never look back.

Spinal Tap on 11-01-2007 at 09:50 AM said:
Anybody listening to the "D&C" show this week will realize just how little those two dodes know about the wonderful game of football. If it isn't "Lowell or A-Rod" talk, it's "Patriots are running up the score and Brady's gonna get hurt" bullshit. Not one ounce of analysis of the actual game that will be played Sunday between the two best teams in all of the NFL.

There has been no mention of game plans, advantages, injury impact, coaching matchups, or any other topic that might be remotely related to not only the game of the week, but the regular season game of the fargin century!

Can someone please purchase ESPN 890 and put someone on the air that can actually discuss our beloved sport in an intelligent and analytical manner? I'm dying here!

Something tells me your tune would change dramatically if Brady got knocked out for the year late in the 4th quarter of a 41-7 win.

Just a hunch but me thinks you'd be pissed and asking, "WHY IN THE HELL WAS HE IN THERE!!!"

Re: Re: WEEI's obvious lack of football accumen

OneTrickPony on 11-01-2007 at 10:02 AM said:
Something tells me your tune would change dramatically if Brady got knocked out for the year late in the 4th quarter of a 41-7 win.

Just a hunch but me thinks you'd be pissed and asking, "WHY IN THE HELL WAS HE IN THERE!!!"

I'd much rather prefer that you get knocked out for the year. Is that possible?

The*Big*Lebowski on 11-01-2007 at 10:16 AM said:
EEI is only worth listening to at 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM on Mondays. Other than that, 890.

Holley is worht listening to from 10-2

The*Big*Lebowski on 11-01-2007 at 10:16 AM said:
EEI is only worth listening to at 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM on Mondays. Other than that, 890.

Only during football season. And even then, EPSNRadio has great analysis of all the games. The best part of Patriots' Monday on EEI is BB and I can play that back the next day from EEI's Audio Vault. That means I don't have to listen to the idiocy that is usually Ordway & Co.

I could really care less how they feel about runningupthescoregate...what annoys me about their show is that they cover about 1 topic per hour and during that hour they repeat themselves over & over & over & over.

There is only so many times I can hear Callaghan say the exact same thing to 50 different callers.

I also find it annoying how they tout themselves as the only "objective" sports talk show. As if that is some remarkable badge of honor.

My viewpoint on runningupthescoregate is that Belichick doesn't want his team to get complacent/lazy which is why he's keeping them out there. You don't want your 1st string playing 45 minutes of football every week and then facing someone like the Colts and not being conditioned to play 60 minutes. It's way too early in the season to be playing half a football game every week. Belichick is in a predicament...how does he keep these guys hungry week in & week out. Apparently he's decided that the risk of Brady getting hurt is not that great, so he's keeping his offense out there long enough for them to get a whole games worth of experience. Is it the right decision? Maybe, maybe not.

Now talk about something, anything else...just not A-Rod!!!

What I do is listen to WEEI 1st, if baseball or whatever and no football, I immediatey go to espn..which has two spots on the dial. Usually one or the other isn;t coming in clear and I alternate.
if both dont come in..back to weei at very low volume.

Never ever under any circumstances listen to EEI. Your IQ will drop several points with every minute you listen to them.

Spinal Tap on 11-01-2007 at 09:50 AM said:

Buy Sirius radio. I rotate between Mike and Mike in the morning on ESPN radio and NFL Network Radio. Stern is a good alternative, too. Most people on NFL Radio think this score running up is laughable. They also though Spygate was a joke, too.

You want football talk, buy Sirius online and listen to the NFL Radio on 124. Beats this shit out of anything on the regular airwaves.

Ras* on 11-01-2007 at 11:37 AM said:
You want football talk, buy Sirius online and listen to the NFL Radio on 124. Beats this shit out of anything on the regular airwaves.

I think I'll end up getting Sirius once I get rid of my shitbox car.

Re: Re: WEEI's obvious lack of football accumen

EasyBigFella* on 11-01-2007 at 10:17 AM said:
Buy Sirius radio. I rotate between Mike and Mike in the morning on ESPN radio and NFL Network Radio. Stern is a good alternative, too. Most people on NFL Radio think this score running up is laughable. They also though Spygate was a joke, too.

Boy you got that right. That's all Annihilus listens too.

They were talking this morning about how weird it was that nobody paid attention to Jimmy Johnson when he twice came out on national TV and said that the Cowboys used to videotape signals all the time and that nobody seems to care. People just hate the Pats so they choose to ignore that everyone else does (did) it.

Sirius rocks the house.

I can't look into Sirius right now (my budget is bare bones), but I wish the signal for ESPN was stronger outside of Boston. I'd easily dump 'EEI for them!

I didn't bother listening much on Monday and Tuesday, because Patriots' Monday was a joke. They should give the sponsors their money back! Except for interviews with a few Pats and the coach, zero football talk. I kept the radio on in the background on low volume and only turned it up when I recognized Pats' voices. :eek:

The biggest game of the NFL regular season and it took them until yesterday to even START talking about it! I know the Red Sox won big, but you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, as in talk about two teams during the course of the day?

The overnight guys can be idiots, but at least when I hear some of those programs, I learn about football news! J.T. the Brick is a Yankee-lover but he gives the Pats props most of the time, and Ben Mahler (sp. ?) thinks the runningupthescoregate is silly.

Oh, and Michael Wilbon calling for a bounty on Tom? Reprehensible.

SIRIUS Internet Radio Line-up

12.95 per month for non-subscribers
2.99 extra for subscribers

SIR-1 NPR Public Radio NPR
SIR-2 The Bridge Pop Mellow Rock

1 Pop Top 40 Hits
2 Starlite Pop Lite Pop
3 SIRIUS Love Pop Love Songs
4 Movin' Easy Pop Easy Listening
5 SIRIUS Gold Pop The '50s
6 '60s Vibrations Pop The '60s
7 Totally '70s Pop '70s Pop
8 Big '80s Pop '80s Pop
9 The Pulse Pop '90s Hits & Now
10 E Street Radio Rock 24/7 Bruce Springsteen
11 BBC Radio 1 Pop New Music from the U.K.
12 Super Shuffle Pop SIRIUS Super Mix
13 Elvis Radio Pop All Elvis Presley
14 Classic Vinyl Rock Early Classic Rock
15 Classic Rewind Rock Later Classic Rock
16 The Vault Rock Deeper Classic Rock
17 Jam_ON Rock Jam Bands
18 The Spectrum Rock Adult Album Rock
19 Buzzsaw Rock Classic Hard Rock
20 Octane Rock Pure Hard Rock
21 Alt Nation Rock Alternative Rock
22 First Wave Rock Classic Alternative
23 Hair Nation Rock 80s Hair Bands
24 Lithium Rock 90s Alternative
25 Underground Garage Rock Garage Rock
26 Left Of Center Rock New/College/Indie Rock
27 Hard Attack Rock Heavy Metal
28 Faction Rock Punk, Hip-Hop, Hard Rock Mix
29 Punk Rock New & Vintage Punk Rock
30 The Coffee House Rock Singer-Songwriters and Acoustic Rock
31 Radio Margaritaville Rock Escape to Margaritaville
32 The Grateful Dead Channel Rock The Dead 24/7
33 Area 33 Electronic/ Dance Trance & Progressive House
34 Boombox Electronic/ Dance Breakbeats, Electronic Rock & Mash-Ups
35 Chill Electronic/ Dance Smooth Electronic
36 The Beat Electronic/ Dance Dance Hits
37 The Strobe Electronic/ Dance Disco/Classic Dance
40 Hip-Hop Nation Hip-Hop/R&B NON-STOP HIP-HOP 24/7 TO HIP-HOP HITS
43 BackSpin Hip-Hop/R&B Old Skool Rap
45 Shade 45 Hip-Hop/R&B Shady's Uncut Hip-Hop
50 Hot Jamz Hip-Hop/R&B Hip-Hop and R&B Hits
51 Heart & Soul Hip-Hop/R&B R&B Hits
53 Soul Town Hip-Hop/R&B Classic Soul & Motown
60 New Country Country Today's Country Hits
61 Prime Country Country '80s & '90s Country Hits
62 The Roadhouse Country Classic Country
63 Outlaw Country Country Outlaw Country
65 Bluegrass Country Bluegrass
66 Spirit Christian Christian Hits
68 Praise Christian Gospel
70 SIRIUS Disorder Rock Eclectic/Free Form
71 Jazz Cafe Jazz/Blues Smooth Jazz
72 Pure Jazz Jazz/Blues Classic Jazz
73 Spa 73 Jazz/Blues New Age
74 SIRIUS Blues Jazz/Blues Blues
75 Siriusly Sinatra Standards Frank Sinatra, Standards & Swing
77 Broadway's Best Standards Broadway Show Music
80 Symphony Hall Classical Symphonic and Chamber Music
85 Metropolitan Opera Radio Classical Opera
86 SIRIUS Pops Classical Classical Pops
90 Universo Latino Latin/ International Latin Pop Mix
92 Rumbon Latin/ International Reggaeton/Tropical
97 Reggae Rhythms Rock Reggae
100 Howard 100 Howard Stern The official home for the Howard Stern Show uncensored, 24/7
101 Howard 101 Howard Stern Howard Stern, Bubba the Love Sponge, Ferrall and more
102 SIRIUS Stars Entertainment The SIRIUS Difference
103 Blue Collar Comedy SIRIUS Comedy All-American comedy with universal appeal
104 Raw Dog SIRIUS Comedy Comedy Uncensored
105 Laugh Break SIRIUS Comedy Comedy
106 The Foxxhole SIRIUS Comedy Comedy
108 Maxim Radio Entertainment Maxim Radio
109 SIRIUS OutQ Entertainment America's GLBT Radio Station
111 Cosmo Radio Entertainment Cosmo Radio
112 Martha Stewart Living Radio Martha Stewart How-to and Homekeeping
114 LIME Family & Health Healthy living with a twist
116 Kids Stuff Family & Health Kids
124 SIRIUS NFL Radio NFL Nonstop NFL Talk
132 CNN US News The Most Trusted Name in News
140 World Radio Network International News News Around the World
141 BBC World Service News International News BBC World Service News
144 SIRIUS Patriot Political Talk Conservative Values
146 SIRIUS Left Political Talk Liberal Talk
159 The Catholic Channel Religion The Catholic Channel
160 EWTN Global Catholic Network Religion EWTN Radio Catholic Network
161 FamilyNet Radio Religion Christian Talk
198 Playboy Radio Entertainment Smart, sexy and sophisticated adult programming

Spinal Tap on 11-01-2007 at 11:38 AM said:
I think I'll end up getting Sirius once I get rid of my shitbox car.

Your car doesn't have anything to do with it. The little receiver thingy is transferable.

Bushy T Beaver on 11-01-2007 at 02:09 PM said:
Your car doesn't have anything to do with it. The little receiver thingy is transferable.

Yes, I know, but my stereo system is crap and I just feel like satelite radio deserves a better home than my car. I hope my car isn't listening............I need to get home after work today!

Back