Week 11 Other Games

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
Wilson's burning a lot of what he's cooking lately. think he's 3rd in the nfl in turnovers. extremely shocking as he has never been one to turn the ball over.

johnlocke

Reaction score
I really wasn't sold on D.K. at the Combine. Just looked like a massive workout warrior but wasn't certain of his skills. Boy was I wrong.

SkiptoMyLou

Six Time Super Bowl Champions!
Reaction score
I really wasn't sold on D.K. at the Combine. Just looked like a massive workout warrior but wasn't certain of his skills. Boy was I wrong.

Same here. I thought some team was going to draft him high and he was going to be a huge bust.

But then again I also thought Herbert didn't look like an NFL QB, and he might be the most promising of the rookie QBs so far.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Same here. I thought some team was going to draft him high and he was going to be a huge bust.

But then again I also thought Herbert didn't look like an NFL QB, and he might be the most promising of the rookie QBs so far.
I think at least we were scared off a bit by his 3 cone drill and questioned if he could get open. I saw that discussed. So that thinking was not abnormal with Metcalf and I think its what dropped him in the draft a bit, so you were
not alone. Its almost impossible to predict what a player is going to be at times, and he did go to a great situation with a QB that could take advantage of his skills as well.

SkiptoMyLou

Six Time Super Bowl Champions!
Reaction score
I think at least we were scared off a bit by his 3 cone drill and questioned if he could get open. I saw that discussed. So that thinking was not abnormal with Metcalf and I think its what dropped him in the draft a bit, so you were
not alone. Its almost impossible to predict what a player is going to be at times, and he did go to a great situation with a QB that could take advantage of his skills as well.

Yeah, I thought he was just a burner without much skill set as a WR. Also people obsessed over his freak physique and lack of body fat, so it just seemed like he was a complete hit or miss.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought he was just a burner without much skill set as a WR. Also people obsessed over his freak physique and lack of body fat, so it just seemed like he was a complete hit or miss.
I know I for one do get enamored with players coming from college and think yeah this guy is a can't miss, and then they go nowhere. There have been so many receivers do exactly what you said. Burner in college where everyone is open and then in the NFL they do not have the skillset to get open vs good players. Receiver is by far the hardest to judge from college to pro's and that is why I never really hammered Belichick like others have because at times
its almost luck. 32 teams passed on Meyers 7 times and yet he seems like he has a handle on how to get open at this level. You just never really know whats inside their chest.

Roberto71

Reaction score
Yeah, it really is a crapshoot isn't it. You just cannot tell who will end up as a bone fides NFL receiver. Aside from a Julio Jones or Randy Moss type who you could bank on being an NFL star, it's just so difficult. Harry should be what we now from Metcalf. Yet how can you possibly tell who will truly work out in the pros?

Last edited:

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Yeah, it really is a crapshoot isn't it. You just cannot tell who will end up as a bone fides NFL receiver. Aside from a Julio Jones or Rany Moss type who you could bank on being an NFL star, it's just so difficult. Harry should be what we now from Metcalf. Yet how can you possibly tell who will truly work out in the pros?
Yeah its one of those things that some get it, some dont. I have seen what would have been good talent stopped by injuries though. Mitchell comes to mind. I have never seen a low round rookie perform like that in a superbowl under that kind of pressure.