WEEK 12 · Cardinals at Patriots -Sun 11/29 · 1:00 PM EST

Are we looking for JC Jackson to become the new Duron Harmon, AKA back breaking late interception machine.

i love Vinovich, ever since he rolled his eyes at Jules in the 2014 divisionals vs balt. that's one of my fave pats games ever, still.
i also breathe a sigh of relief when it's NOT boger. i knew last night would be jacked up when i saw he was the ref.
Booger is bad. Corrupte is the worst imo. Most refs are garbage actually.

Another week, another hot, young QB who can run like the wind. Russell, Lamar, Patrick, Deshaun and now bleeping Kyler. Cam looks like Brady compared to these guys.

Still, we have been bi-polar all season and I see no reason to not reverse course and have a positive game in front of the home fake fans. Speaking of which, I[d like to opine that the Foxboro crowd noise is absolutely the worst, most fake-sounding in football. That includes Division 1 College football. I was stunned at the home opener of how canned and fraudulent it sounded, but assumed the DJ/sound geeks or whomever it is that soundboards the faux noise would improve their game and make it sound semi-plausible as they honed their craft. That has not happened. It's the same shit, but hope springs eternal. I keep dreaming this is the week.

Arizona is a beatable team and I'd like to see a solid win before the two-week road trip to LA so that I can invite friends to an outdoor bigscreen firepit viewing and not have to listen to polite excuses about how their daughter-in-law is sensitive about Covid or they are still struggling with SAD after the clocks changed, so thanks anyhow. I need a competitive Pats team ready to pull off a couple of wins to get people out into the cold wind and under the stars and get a little enthusiasm going.

I'll look for Cam to have a hot hand which will result in a productive night from WRs (including NK Harry) and a swarming D still tuned-up from chasing Lamar two weeks ago. I want to see new leaders emerge, new guys making plays and young players getting more snaps to show what they can do.

Brady isn't coming walking in that door and we should embrace that fact.

Well, I think Arizona is definitely better than the Patriots, and the Pat's win over Baltimore was an anomaly. Now, should the Patriots win tomorrow, I guess there's an outside chance of a new winning streak, ending at 10-6 (playoffs), or 9-7 (cusp of the playoffs). But I don't see it. It's time now to sheet or get off the pot. I think they'll lose, and continue their losing streak. It's okay. They had a 19-year string of excellence-6 championships.

You know, I'll hope for a Jackson interception, a Newton rushing td, and check out the Arizona qb, Kyler Murray. I guess it's good that Pats fans can't go to the game....

Just get through this season, such as it is, and plan for the future. I'm sure Belichick can't stand losing, but stick with it, stay healthy, and next season might be better.

Maybe the Gunner can run one back....

Isaiah Wynn is out.
The knee might be a blessing in disguise. His play wasn't close to his level prior to the ankle injury. Let him take some time to get both right and we'll just have to soldier on. Cunningham and Herron have both played some and I've seen worse-looking players log Tackle snaps in Foxboro.

It'll be interesting to see who lines up at LT while he's out. I'd prefer we play Cunningham and don't switch Onwenu over, but it's clear that the big rookie is the best OT on the roster by a wide margin, so I wouldn't rule out some bigger changes. If Thuney can't go, which has been rumored, then I expect we might be in full blown Chinese Fire Drill mode up front and that's not good for Cam or anybody else. We need a solid OL performance to win. I mean against anybody.

The other position to speculate on is whether Sony Michel is going to take Rex's snaps or if J.J. Taylor might get the call up. Ivan says Sony looks good, so that is the likely move. The fake crowd noise guys should make sure to add in some boos if Sony gets stuffed in the backfield, because that's what'd happen if live fans were in the stands. Michel is not the people's choice right at the moment and needs to make something happen soon or he won't be here next year.

The New England Patriots announced [yesterday] that they have activated WR Donte Moncrief and DL Akeem Spence to the 53-man roster from the practice squad [Standard Elevations] and restored OL Justin Herron to the 53-man roster from injured reserve.

The Patriots also announced that they have placed RB Rex Burkhead, DL Carl Davis and OL Isaiah Wynn on injured reserve and placed TE Jake Burt on practice squad injured reserve.

I don't know guys...
Looks pretty even to me

TALE OF THE TAPE​

2020 REGULAR SEASONNEW ENGLANDARIZONA CARDINALS
Record 4-6 6-4
Divisional Standings 3rd 3rd
Total Yards Gained 3,638 4,143
Total Offense (Rank) 363.8 (16) 414.3 (1)
Rush Offense 153.6 (4) 157.7 (2)
Pass Offense 210.2 (27) 256.6 (12)
Points Per Game 20.9 (26) 28.7 (7)
Total Yards Allowed 3,579 3,677
Total Defense (Rank) 357.9 (16) 367.7 (19)
Rush Defense 121.8 (21) 124.7 (23)
Pass Defense 236.1 (15) 243.0 (18)
Points Allowed/Game 23.8 (13T) 23.8 (13T)
Possession Avg. 30:38 28:30
Sacks Allowed / Yards Lost 18/114 16/78
Sacks Made / Yards 13/90 25/188
Total Touchdowns Scored 23 35
Penalties Against / Yards 36/358 79/634
Punts / Avg. 27/47.2 33/44.1
Turnover Differential 0 (15T) 0 (15T)

The knee might be a blessing in disguise. His play wasn't close to his level prior to the ankle injury. Let him take some time to get both right and we'll just have to soldier on. Cunningham and Herron have both played some and I've seen worse-looking players log Tackle snaps in Foxboro.

It'll be interesting to see who lines up at LT while he's out. I'd prefer we play Cunningham and don't switch Onwenu over, but it's clear that the big rookie is the best OT on the roster by a wide margin, so I wouldn't rule out some bigger changes. If Thuney can't go, which has been rumored, then I expect we might be in full blown Chinese Fire Drill mode up front and that's not good for Cam or anybody else. We need a solid OL performance to win. I mean against anybody.

The other position to speculate on is whether Sony Michel is going to take Rex's snaps or if J.J. Taylor might get the call up. Ivan says Sony looks good, so that is the likely move. The fake crowd noise guys should make sure to add in some boos if Sony gets stuffed in the backfield, because that's what'd happen if live fans were in the stands. Michel is not the people's choice right at the moment and needs to make something happen soon or he won't be here next year.

Another option IF Eluemunor is in game shape. As I remember similar was used earlier in the year. Eluemunor graded very well at RT for some games.
LT Joe Thuney - LG Mike Onwenu - C David Andrews - RG Shaq Mason - RT Jermaine Eluemunor

Back