Week 12 Gamete Thread - Titans

I'm seeing Pats as favored by 5.5? Interesting, especially considering the rule of thumb of home field counting for a FG...

Surprised this game isn't being flexed, but it sounds like CBS wants to maximize their 1PM slot instead.

This game could go either way tbh. But with no Derrick Henry our chances have improved imo. If the Defense continues to play at this high level they will give us a chance. In our 5 straight wins the defense has allowed a total of 40 points total or 8 ppg. We do know for sure that Vrable will try and pull out some gamesmenship moves to try and out smart BB. But ultimately I think the Patriots take this one, especially with 10 days to prepare, I think we win 20-17.

This game could go either way tbh. But with no Derrick Henry our chances have improved imo. If the Defense continues to play at this high level they will give us a chance. In our 5 straight wins the defense has allowed a total of 40 points total or 8 ppg. We do know for sure that Vrable will try and pull out some gamesmenship moves to try and out smart BB. But ultimately I think the Patriots take this one, especially with 10 days to prepare, I think we win 20-17.
I just don't agree as much as I don't want to look past opponents and not disrespect any opponent, but I don't play on the team either. haha

NE will have had 10 days to get ready for them and without Henry, without Jones, a dinged up AJ Brown, I am trying to understand where their weapons are. I just don't see it. They have a really weak RB group, and weak skill positions beyond Brown. I mean, we're supposed to be fearful of D'onta Foreman?

In 2019, Vrabel had a pouty, distracted Brady last time and barely won. I am just not being this idea Tenn is some kind of loaded team. Their record is very misleading, IMO. They've sort of been this default #1 seed team for a while, but most of their wins have come vs teams with some kind of a disaster unfolding as Tenn played them that week. Throw 2019 and 2020 out the window.

I also think it's odd that you hear things like Tenn beat so many "playoff teams from 2020". I don't see how that applies now especially since there were so many fraud playoff teams last year during a surprise pandemic. It doesn't make sense to me. It feels like the media is scrambling to find a reason to make them stick as some leader of the pack team.

They do have a good defense, to be fair, but beyond that and maybe a good O Line, I am just not seeing where they have advantages.

If you lose to the Jets and now lose to Houston walking into Thanksgiving, you have some problems as a team.

It's actually 50 points, 10 ppg in the last 5, but your point is still valid. BTW, you could also go with 4.33 ppg, in the last 3. :p

I think that that is going to be a low scoring smashmouth game. Turnovers will be a big factor, as it is in most games. Tannehill threw 4 picks yesterday, he may run before putting it up this week.

Titans defense is what can potentially be the problem. I don't think Titans offense is that good -- they have been opportunistic due to their defense giving them short fields and easier scoring opportunities. But if the run is nullified, I would feel pretty good about our chances against Tannehill.

I just don't agree as much as I don't want to look past opponents and not disrespect any opponent, but I don't play on the team either. haha

NE will have had 10 days to get ready for them and without Henry, without Jones, a dinged up AJ Brown, I am trying to understand where their weapons are. I just don't see it. They have a really weak RB group, and weak skill positions beyond Brown. I mean, we're supposed to be fearful of D'onta Foreman?

In 2019, Vrabel had a pouty, distracted Brady last time and barely won. I am just not being this idea Tenn is some kind of loaded team. Their record is very misleading, IMO. They've sort of been this default #1 seed team for a while, but most of their wins have come vs teams with some kind of a disaster unfolding as Tenn played them that week. Throw 2019 and 2020 out the window.

I also think it's odd that you hear things like Tenn beat so many "playoff teams from 2020". I don't see how that applies now especially since there were so many fraud playoff teams last year during a surprise pandemic. It doesn't make sense to me. It feels like the media is scrambling to find a reason to make them stick as some leader of the pack team.

They do have a good defense, to be fair, but beyond that and maybe a good O Line, I am just not seeing where they have advantages.

If you lose to the Jets and now lose to Houston walking into Thanksgiving, you have some problems as a team.
I think Tennesse's defense is going to be the biggest problem. However, we have an offense that can also play smashmouth football and punch a defense in the mouth. I still won't look past Vrable using these inane and obsolete rules against the Pats to gain an advantage.

Titans defense is what can potentially be the problem. I don't think Titans offense is that good -- they have been opportunistic due to their defense giving them short fields and easier scoring opportunities. But if the run is nullified, I would feel pretty good about our chances against Tannehill.
I would agree with everything you say here, except for the fact that they are one of those teams that always give us fits, at least recently. I think this one ends up tighter than the last few weeks. Although I'd happily be proven wrong, those relatively stress free second halfs are easy to get used to.

I would agree with everything you say here, except for the fact that they are one of those teams that always give us fits, at least recently. I think this one ends up tighter than the last few weeks. Although I'd happily be proven wrong, those relatively stress free second halfs are easy to get used to.
This is a fair assessment, but I'd also throw another bit in. Ryan Tannehill v. New England without a top-3 running back. Hint: It's a sub-Shaq Mason Number QB rating.

Is he a lot better now? Again, we'll find out.

This is a fair assessment, but I'd also throw another bit in. Ryan Tannehill v. New England without a top-3 running back. Hint: It's a sub-Shaq Mason Number QB rating.

Is he a lot better now? Again, we'll find out.

All things being equal, the next 4 weeks will tell the tail of the season. 🤞

All things being equal, the next 4 weeks will tell the tail of the season. 🤞
Yep, it's the whole season. Like I mentioned earlier, sweep them all, and then I'll consider them an actual title contender. Anything less than 3-1 will fall under 'not quite ready for prime time' for me.

Back