Week 12 Gamete Thread - Titans

Yep, it's the whole season. Like I mentioned earlier, sweep them all, and then I'll consider them an actual title contender. Anything less than 3-1 will fall under 'not quite ready for prime time' for me.
House money for me, all I wanted out of this season was evidence we selected the right QB and a developing team. Sitting here a couple days before Thanksgiving contemplating the possibility of the division and possibly the Conference is pure joy.

House money for me, all I wanted out of this season was evidence we selected the right QB and a developing team. Sitting here a couple days before Thanksgiving contemplating the possibility of the division and possibly the Conference is pure joy.
Same, for me, this is still a rebuilding year in my mind, and if nothing else, I'm excited to see what next year will bring, when all the rookies and new FAs have a full year in the system. They have 30-something players already under contract for next year.

Davis is awesome. i first started listening to his draft stuff years ago on nfln. not surprised he is great as a commentator. he's informative, knows when to stfu, and has a nice sense of humor.

And he's not an obnoxious Pats hater. In fact, he seems pretty unbiased in general. I like him much better than Romo.

And he's not an obnoxious Pats hater. In fact, he seems pretty unbiased in general. I like him much better than Romo.
i loved romo at first, and he still has good times. but it's almost like he's a bit of a caricature of himself now.

Davis is awesome. i first started listening to his draft stuff years ago on nfln. not surprised he is great as a commentator. he's informative, knows when to stfu, and has a nice sense of humor.
Eagle is the worst, however. The voice inflection feels like a Marv Albert Jr knock off and so forced. Just brutal.

if they make serious playoff noise this year, bb will have won a different way...again. with a rookie qb and bunch of f.a.s coalescing into a team in a year where practicing/team gathering has been limited by the post 2011 cba world.
From all reports, the players generally understand and respect each other and play hard for each other as well. There is mutual admiration across the whole team and it really shows, they are playing for each other. The cohesion is evident, the camaraderie, they seem to be coming together and gelling really well.

I'm expecting a blitzkrieg from the Titans this coming Sunday. We didn't handle some against the Falcons.

On a side note, don't remember where I heard this, but BB and Vrabel have had some animosity going way back. Wonder if BB shipped out Vrabel in that Cassel trade just so he didn't have to listen to him mouthing off.

I'm expecting a blitzkrieg from the Titans this coming Sunday. We didn't handle some against the Falcons.

On a side note, don't remember where I heard this, but BB and Vrabel have had some animosity going way back. Wonder if BB shipped out Vrabel in that Cassel trade just so he didn't have to listen to him mouthing off.
Umm, err, well, Vrabel needs to get over it. That was almost 15 years ago. He and Seymour weren't getting one last big deal here heading into a Lockout at their age.

I am expecting a bludgeoning of Ryan Tannehill and that tepid offense that Tenn has after stupidly drafting Corey Davis in the top 5, overpaying for old Julio Jones and losing their offensive centerpiece in Derrick Henry.

It's a top heavy roster. This team should be fresh and ready to get a lead and keep it with a swarming defense. It's time to slap down these hotshot coaches who once were affiliated with NE and try to make it seem like their shit doesn't stink. They've achieved nothing in this league other than being in a weak division or taking advantage during a pandemic.

Last edited:

i could be wrong...but there WAS when vrabel was traded, and for awhile after that. he was super salty at how bb handled informing him etc., iirc. it wasn't until into his tenure as a coach at osu that it thawed.

i could be wrong...but there WAS when vrabel was traded, and for awhile after that. he was super salty at how bb handled informing him etc., iirc. it wasn't until into his tenure as a coach at osu that it thawed.
I think getting traded caught Vrabel by surprise.

But this was just another case of BB moving on from a player a year too soon rather than a year too late. If you look at Vrabel's stats on profootballreference.com, it's clear that he was on the backside of his career.

I'm not trying to slam Vrabel here - he was a huge part of those first three championships and has proven his worth as a player and coach many times over.

But I can't fault BB for doing what he did at the time.

Titans board has some juicy little nuggets. Look at this hilarious gem:

Alcibiades

• Greco-Chinese Wisdom

• Alcibiades
  • Members

• 6,851 posts
Posted 2 hours ago
The Patriots aren't that great I get they are on a streak, but they are an average team. That said, they are healthier than we are right now. We CAN beat them, but I'm wondering if we should even try. I think we come out trying to win, but if we are down at halftime, I sit everyone who is dinged up...get them healthy for the final stretch.

Ditto. They made football interesting again after last year. Much further along than I thought as a fan base we had any right to expect. Now for the millionth time over the last 20 years, how much does it suck to be the Jets and the rest of the bottom dwellers looking up at NE and hoping for the pain that never came?

Well, Adrian Peterson has been cut (finally), they promoted journeyman Hilliard at RB to the active roster and signed old man Golden Tate, possibly a sign AJ Brown is hurt worse than expected.

They're reeling and could be in a free fall from here on out:

I think they need to take out the RBs both in the run and swing passes into the flat (Hilliard is apparently this kind of guy) and take out their TEs like Firkser, and if they do that, I am not sure where Tannehill thinks he can go.

Last edited:
Back