Week 12 Gamete Thread - Titans

Titans board has some juicy little nuggets. Look at this hilarious gem:

Alcibiades

• Greco-Chinese Wisdom

• Alcibiades
  • Members

• 6,851 posts
Posted 2 hours ago
The Patriots aren't that great I get they are on a streak, but they are an average team. That said, they are healthier than we are right now. We CAN beat them, but I'm wondering if we should even try. I think we come out trying to win, but if we are down at halftime, I sit everyone who is dinged up...get them healthy for the final stretch.
And people wondered if Nashville was a real NFL market. :coffee:

Well, Adrian Peterson has been cut (finally), they promoted journeyman Hilliard at RB to the active roster and signed old man Golden Tate, possibly a sign AJ Brown is hurt worse than expected.

They're reeling and could be in a free fall from here on out:

I think they need to take out the RBs both in the run and swing passes into the flat (Hilliard is apparently this kind of guy) and take out their TEs like Firkser, and if they do that, I am not sure where Tannehill thinks he can go.

I couldn't believe it when they signed Peterson. Crazy. These moves show how desperate the Titans are at RB and receiver positions. Geoff Swaim is their best TE but he's questionable for the game last I saw. Firkser is 3rd string.

I couldn't believe it when they signed Peterson. Crazy. These moves show how desperate the Titans are at RB and receiver positions. Geoff Swaim is their best TE but he's questionable for the game last I saw. Firkser is 3rd string.
Jon Robinson has been terrible. He made the colossal blunder of paying 2 guys at once, with bloated contracts. Henry is obviously a beast, but it's still too much money. Tannehill isn't worth his bloated deal, because it's tied to Henry.

It reminds me of when Houston signed Andre Johnson and Arian Foster in the same offseason to enormous deals. One should have been dealt for picks. I am not saying Robinson should have dealt Henry, but when you think about it, maybe 2 1st rders and a 3rd rder would have set them up for years to come around Tannehill as their default franchise QB.

Same reason why Carolina should have fleexed some team for McCaffrey. If you can't win a SB in the first 4 years of the 1st rd pick RBs deal, trade him off.

Full participation for the Pats.
We're hitting the Titans at a great time for us

FE_O46YXsAIxOi5

2 things about this
1. TV wants the Pats now
2. CBS announcers aren't very good

FE-4GszWUAcR3Y9

Belichick on Tennessee’s 13 transactions Tuesday: “Honestly, Tennessee might not know for sure exactly [who’s going to play]. That’s certainly the way it is for me, times where I don’t know who’s going to play until sometime Sunday morning or pregame workouts.”

Vrabel has a hot mess on his hands but sending players packing is a good way to get the attention of his team.

Full participation for the Pats.
We're hitting the Titans at a great time for us

FE_O46YXsAIxOi5
That Tart issue is a problem for them. He’s a 2nd year UDFA fatty for and he was carted off late last week. It’s not a high ankle sprain, otherwise he wouldn’t have practiced, but something to watch, obviously with his weight and it is ankle.

In fact, and I know this sounds weird because they are 8-3, but their OL is also a bit of a question mark.

Arizona is overrated in the NFC and this team is overrated in the AFC, IMO.

It is a weird year where we have default conference leaders, but it isn’t the usual juggernaut style 1 seed type teams.

WR A.J. Brown (chest) and RB Jeremy McNichols (concussion) haven’t practiced all week. Swaim is their TE1 and he's back

View: https://twitter.com/jwyattsports/status/1464317014445600772

I would say the Brown, Evans and Tart names jump right of the list. I think Tenn will play with their hair on fire early like a wounded animal, but if this team can get a little lead on them, I hope they can win it going away with Tenn so dinged up.

I think they're going to try to run it a bit, and use Hilliard to throw to out of the backfield and go quick to the TEs. I am just trying envision how they have advantages somewhere, and I am just seeing it.

They are well coached with Vrabel and they will fight, but I wonder how long it will last.

One side note on our end: This is Mac Jones's first cold weather test. I expect him to be as cool as per usual, but just saying.

Should be very interesting on Sunday...

Tannehill will have to channel his inner TFB because he has nobody proven to throw to.

I know the game still has to be played, but color me very over-confident...

The Bills are currently in 1st place again. Let's hope that by Sunday at 4PM we're back on top again.
It doesn't really matter, though. As long as we beat Buffalo twice and TCB against Jax & Miami, we can actually lose to both TEN and IND and still take the East.

Back