Week 12 other games

The fleur-de-lis was used to brand slaves, like cattle, as discipline for attempting to escape. The practice took place not just in Louisiana, but French settlements around the world. The symbol was branded on slaves so if they did escape, there would be no mistaking to whom they belonged.

:coffee:

New-Orleans-Aints-Ash_530x.png

...they put the ' in between the wrong letters, but, maybe that was intentional?

...they put the ' in between the wrong letters, but, maybe that was intentional?

I remember when their fans would wear paper bags over the heads and they were labeled the Aint’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's spelled correctly.

In English, a plural noun is formed by adding an "s" to the end of a singular noun.

The plural of bear is bears (no apostrophe). The plural of patriot is patriots (no apostrophe).

And the plural of saint is saints.

The word "ain't" is spelled with an apostrophe (it's a contraction of the phrase "are not").

For the purposes of the graphic, the word "ain't" is used as a noun to replace "saint" and then pluralized by adding an "s" - so by my way of thinking, it makes sense just the way it is.

YMMV.

I think it's spelled correctly.

In English, a plural noun is formed by adding an "s" to the end of a singular noun.

The plural of bear is bears (no apostrophe). The plural of patriot is patriots (no apostrophe).

And the plural of saint is saints.

The word "ain't" is spelled with an apostrophe (it's a contraction of the phrase "are not").

For the purposes of the graphic, the word "ain't" is used as a noun to replace "saint" and then pluralized by adding an "s" - so by my way of thinking, it makes sense just the way it is.

YMMV.
I wasn't aware of that. Thanks.

The fleur-de-lis was used to brand slaves, like cattle, as discipline for attempting to escape. The practice took place not just in Louisiana, but French settlements around the world. The symbol was branded on slaves so if they did escape, there would be no mistaking to whom they belonged.

:coffee:
Along with any other symbols you could think of. The only thing that would keep straight is that a Frenchman owned them, not which Frenchman it was, no?

White, the Bill's best DB, went out with a knee injury. It's too early to know the seriousness, but he was crying on the sideline

ugh...not a good sign. either pain or knowing his season is over.

Even if White doesn't go on IR, I feel it's likely that he won't be able to cut hard that left leg for a while, which is a problem for a Corner.

I'll assume he'll be back, but be somewhat limited. Just a guess on my part and we'll have to see what the week brings.

I tend to like playing big games against a healthy opponent so nobody can claim it was luck, but he's a significant factor
for sure.

Even if White doesn't go on IR, I feel it's likely that he won't be able to cut hard that left leg for a while, which is a problem for a Corner.

I'll assume he'll be back, but be somewhat limited. Just a guess on my part and we'll have to see what the week brings.

I tend to like playing big games against a healthy opponent so nobody can claim it was luck, but he's a significant factor
for sure.
Buffalo is fearful it's torn. I expect an announcement here soon. They're probably in denial about it like when Whinebaugh does this with Baltimore players. They always announce immediate positivity and then 2 days later you see the guy go on IR.

Bill's just announced that White has a torn ACL and is out for the rest of the season.
Too bad, I was hoping it was a sprain. But, when you see a player crying on the sideline, he must have known it was bad.
That was just posted on buffalobills.com a few minutes ago.

That will likely be a serious problem for their secondary now. Their Safeties are steady vets, but wildly overrated by the media and their fans. Poyer/Hyde are like if we overrated Duron Harmon or Eugene Wilson. We'll now see why those guys are a bit overrated.

I mean, you're in trouble if Levi Wallace is your best CB.

And, the delusion in Buffalo continues:

Beast

• Beast
    Veteran
  • Community Member
Posted 5 minutes ago (edited)
The type of injury where the offense, defensive line, and defensive schemes need to pick up the slack. It can be done and needs to be done.

Bruce Smith missed the majority of the 1991 season and was largely not effective in the games he was available to play. The Bills still went to the Super Bowl that season missing one of the greatest ever to play.

Our defense is loaded with talent. Next man up and the whole team can overcome this tough loss.

Edited 4 minutes ago by Beast
  • Like (+1)

Back