Week 12 other games

Doesn't seem that delusional. What are they supposed to say? It's a big loss, but they're a good team & their secondary has good players overall.

Poyer and Hyde are "overrated?" I mean, okay.
Yes. Overrated. They're solid players, but you'd think they were Pro Bowl lever players and they're not. Has Devin McCourty ever made it to a Pro Bowl since his rookie year? What about Adrian Phillips who was outstanding last year and this year at Safety? Hmmmm.

That will likely be a serious problem for their secondary now. Their Safeties are steady vets, but wildly overrated by the media and their fans. Poyer/Hyde are like if we overrated Duron Harmon or Eugene Wilson. We'll now see why those guys are a bit overrated.

I mean, you're in trouble if Levi Wallace is your best CB.

And, the delusion in Buffalo continues:

Beast

• Beast
    Veteran
  • Community Member
Posted 5 minutes ago (edited)
The type of injury where the offense, defensive line, and defensive schemes need to pick up the slack. It can be done and needs to be done.

Bruce Smith missed the majority of the 1991 season and was largely not effective in the games he was available to play. The Bills still went to the Super Bowl that season missing one of the greatest ever to play.

Our defense is loaded with talent. Next man up and the whole team can overcome this tough loss.

Edited 4 minutes ago by Beast
  • Like (+1)
The 2003/4 Patriots dislike this.

The 2003/4 Patriots dislike this.
I just think it's funny we have to hear about how great all other teams' players are, somehow we don't have any good or great ones, and when a key starter for a division rival goes down, all of a sudden that player's loss won't be a big deal.

That team is going to struggle without White. And the thing is, JC Jackson has been a better player than White the last 3 seasons.

I just think it's funny we have to hear about how great all other teams' players are, somehow we don't have any good or great ones, and when a key starter for a division rival goes down, all of a sudden that player's loss won't be a big deal.

That team is going to struggle without White. And the thing is, JC Jackson has been a better player than White the last 3 seasons.
My point was that we're not the only team that strives for "next man up.". Other teams have good players that have not had a chance to play until the guy in front of them goes down, too. I mean, when we traded Gilmore and Jones went down, if other fans had made comments about how screwed the Pats were if they had to rely on Bryant and Mills, you would have made fun of them for that, too. Or Terrell Buckley, Earthwind Moreland, and Troy Brown.

My point was that we're not the only team that strives for "next man up.". Other teams have good players that have not had a chance to play until the guy in front of them goes down, too. I mean, when we traded Gilmore and Jones went down, if other fans had made comments about how screwed the Pats were if they had to rely on Bryant and Mills, you would have made fun of them for that, too. Or Terrell Buckley, Earthwind Moreland, and Troy Brown.
I would do what now? Make fun of whom? I am not following. I liked what I saw in Bryant and Mills has been solid so far and improving all the way through not being caught out of position learning a new D.

We absolutely do have a next man up mentality with proof of great coaching and the player buying in. Most other teams don't have the quality mid rosters we're used to seeing here.

Teams can recycle our "next man up" line from way back, but I am not buying most teams have a BB or a interest in building a deep roster. Most of the teams have top heavy rosters with a 30-40 mil per year QB.

Buffalo tossed away their draft for Diggs and they have a lot more holes than they want to admit. I think Jax and Indy showed that. They can't play a Kamara-less NOs and Simien every week.

My comment about somehow, magically everyone else' players are either "Pro Bowl" or not All Pro when they should be, makes me laugh. There is such a jealousy towards our team, our best players don't ever get acknowledged, save for Brady and Gronk.

Your comment about Jon Jones is odd since not one person anywhere in the NFL or media once said he was essentially the best nickel in the league for years now. Trolls only would say that BECAUSE he went down.

See?

Last edited:
I would do what now? Make fun of whom? I am not following. I liked what I saw in Bryant and Mills has been solid so far and improving all the way through not being caught out of position learning a new D.

We absolutely do have a next man up mentality with proof of great coaching and the player buying in. Most other teams don't have the quality mid rosters we're used to seeing here.

Teams can recycle our "next man up" line from way back, but I am not buying most teams have a BB or a interest in building a deep roster. Most of the teams have top heavy rosters with a 30-40 mil per year QB.

Buffalo tossed away their draft for Diggs and they have a lot more holes than they want to admit. I think Jax and Indy showed that. They can't play a Kamara-less NOs and Simien every week.

My comment about somehow, magically everyone else' players are either "Pro Bowl" or not All Pro when they should be, makes me laugh. There is such a jealousy towards our team, our best players don't ever get acknowledged, save for Brady and Gronk.

Your comment about Jon Jones is odd since not one person anywhere in the NFL or media once said he was essentially the best nickel in the league for years now. Trolls only would say that BECAUSE he went down.

See?
Lots of people said exactly that, actually. I'm pretty sure you can find quotes and links to any number of them in the threads arguing about whether Miami or NE had the better roster this summer - a lot of time and energy went towards arguing about the DBs and specifically CBs.

On the strength of the Patriots roster from 20-53 and PS, we agree. No one does it better.

Lots of people said exactly that, actually. I'm pretty sure you can find quotes and links to any number of them in the threads arguing about whether Miami or NE had the better roster this summer - a lot of time and energy went towards arguing about the DBs and specifically CBs.

On the strength of the Patriots roster from 20-53 and PS, we agree. No one does it better.
Ahh, I see now. Yeah, we agree. The Bart Scott comments stand out. He claimed the Miami roster was superior. I laughed and here we are. You just know someone like that hates coming to work everyday right about now.

The biggest mistake is people thinking BB has his roster set in Sept. Other teams literally think their roster in Sept is what they'll have in December. The Ravens do this a lot.

Last edited:
That will likely be a serious problem for their secondary now. Their Safeties are steady vets, but wildly overrated by the media and their fans. Poyer/Hyde are like if we overrated Duron Harmon or Eugene Wilson. We'll now see why those guys are a bit overrated.

I mean, you're in trouble if Levi Wallace is your best CB.

And, the delusion in Buffalo continues:
OK... lol

In some important games coming up, I like:

Bengals over the Steelers - Ben played better last week but the Steelers run D is average and Mixon should gobble up yards all game long.

Colts over Bucs - Sounds crazy but Colts/Jonathan Taylor are on a roll, it's in Indy and their run game, I think, is big enough and good enough to overpower the Bucs good run D. They'll have to control the clock and get to Brady the way they got to Josh Allen. Bucs run game is almost non-existent. Bucs are 3 pt favorites. Colts have won 3 in a row and must win to stay with the Titans.

Broncos over Chargers - In Mile High, Denver's great D, Herbert will be under pressure, Chargers are last in the league in run D. Plus Denver's pass rushing phenom Bradley Chubb should be back for this game after being out for 8 wks. Chargers are favored by 2 pts.

49ers over Vikings - JimmyG is having a very good stretch, 9ers at home, 9ers run game should control the game. Vikings have made an art form of losing close games this year.

Rams-Packers - I have no faith in either team. The Rams lost their last 2 games badly to the Titans and 49ers but they are coming off their bye week. The Packers lost their last game to the Vikings. The Packers sit comfortably in 1st place of their division. The Rams need to win this game more to stay close to AZ. Rams are favored by 1-2 pts by Vegas. No snow but cold in GB. Rams should win a close game but which team shows up for McVay...

Ravens over the Browns - Lamar is back this week. Mayfield is mayfield. Ravens at home.

Pats over Titans - This should be a physical battle between 2 good teams with tough physical players. In the end, Pats have more playmakers who are healthy. In Foxboro.

Wow. Matthew Stafford is playing like shit - and the Rams defense ain't all that great either.

And as I say this, he launches a bomb to OBJ. He's such a streaky QB

Last edited:
Back