Week 12 other games

You know, Miami plays the Giants, Jets, and Saints in their next three, so they're likely to be 8-7 going into week 17 v Tennessee. If they pull that one off, they could be playing for a shot at a WC when the Patriots face them to close out the season. Considering their 1-7 start, that's pretty amazing.

It would be the second time Flores has them playing like their hair is on fire despite a horrible start, which is quite remarkable.

Ravens should scare no one. Their offense is limited and the way to attack them is pretty clear. Browns unfortunately lack any offense to beat them, but had the Ravens pretty limited all game.
Just think: Stupid Whinebaugh and hotshot DeCosta owe him 40 mil per in the spring. lol

That team, along with Pitt, is going to be bad for quite a while.

If the Redskins lose their coach should be fired. Kick the field goal there and the game is over.

If the Redskins lose their coach should be fired. Kick the field goal there and the game is over.
Ron Rivera should still be fired. Up by 8 with 4th and goal with just over 2 minutes to play and you go for the TD. Kick the FG and game over. Unless their kicker was hurt. Seahawks almost pulled off the comeback after that bonehead coaching call.

Ron Rivera should still be fired. Up by 8 with 4th and goal with just over 2 minutes to play and you go for the TD. Kick the FG and game over. Unless their kicker was hurt. Seahawks almost pulled off the comeback after that bonehead coaching call.

That was a boneheaded move but Rivera has them playing tough. They've won 3 in a row and beat Brady's Bucs handily. I might have a talk with him about situational football but firing him seems a little drastic. That's just me, though.

The kicker for the Redskins was injured earlier in the game. That's why Rivera went for it at the end.

I've seen a reasonable sampling of Seahawks games this year and my biggest take-away: How the hell do they have 3 wins?

They are pedestrian on both sides of the ball and "pedestrian" may be over-complimentary. They should have traded Russ to Chicago when they had the chance.

I've seen a reasonable sampling of Seahawks games this year and my biggest take-away: How the hell do they have 3 wins?

They are pedestrian on both sides of the ball and "pedestrian" may be over-complimentary. They should have traded Russ to Chicago when they had the chance.
Jets are getting their 1st round pick next year...oof.

The kicker for the Redskins was injured earlier in the game. That's why Rivera went for it at the end.
Ok that makes sense. I tuned in late and did not have audio on. Thanks

Yes, they should have if they had known that Wilson can't run like he used to. It's not that he doesn't want to run...he CAN'T run the way he could 4-5 years ago.
He's gained weight as he has matured and that is affecting his game negatively. Teams aren't afraid of his run threat and it's showing in how they defend his passing game.
He's not Seattle's only problem but he's certainly a part of their problem.

Yes, they should have if they had known that Wilson can't run like he used to. It's not that he doesn't want to run...he CAN'T run the way he could 4-5 years ago.
He's gained weight as he has matured and that is affecting his game negatively. Teams aren't afraid of his run threat and it's showing in how they defend his passing game.
He's not Seattle's only problem but he's certainly a part of their problem.
Wilson just turned 33 - he's been in the league since 2012 (10 seasons), and he's been sacked 416 times.

Brady has been in the league roughly twice as long, and he's been sacked 535 times.

All those sacks, plus the hits he takes when he runs, have taken a toll on Wilson, I think. And as you pointed out, his elusiveness is starting to wane. He has said he wants to play until he is in his 40s, but I don't see it.

Wilson just turned 33 - he's been in the league since 2012 (10 seasons), and he's been sacked 416 times.

Brady has been in the league roughly twice as long, and he's been sacked 535 times.

All those sacks, plus the hits he takes when he runs, have taken a toll on Wilson, I think. And as you pointed out, his elusiveness is starting to wane. He has said he wants to play until he is in his 40s, but I don't see it.
Hey 7 years from now is a long time, maybe he's still playing then and more mobile than ever on his robot legs, as we all take our flying cars into work. That is of course when we're allowed to work at all by our Alien Overlords.

Back