Week 13 Gamete Thread - @Bills, Mon Dec 6th, 8:15pm EST

Giant Octopodes

Reaction score
Couldn't wait for this thread because this game is a huge opportunity. In order for the Patriots to get #1 seed in the AFC, and to win their division, they've got to beat the Bills at least once. They can lose this game and win the rematch and still end up the top overall seed (especially with how inconsistent the Bills have been and with the Titans missing Henry), but if they get the win on the road the path becomes much easier. Both teams are coming off of good wins, and both teams are likely to give their very best effort. This game will be hyped up like no tomorrow. Bills are opening as 3 point favorites which means the assessment is that of two even teams with the Bills having homefield advantage. Here's hoping the Bills show up like they did against the Colts, but even if they do not, this is a winnable game. Cmon guys let's get into the Bye with a win over a key divisional opponent fresh in our minds instead of letting the bitter taste of defeat linger for a couple of weeks!

Pats are undefeated on the road and are playing well, Bills have no run game and will rely on Allen to win the game for them. This is a team sport and right now the Pats are playing like one on both sides of the ball, get out of Buffalo with no injuries, enjoy the bye and get rested up for the stretch run.

I've been looking forward to this as well after Newton lost the game up there last year and the Pats had their bags packed at Gillette last December. I somewhat love the idea Buffalo has been crowned for the division by the media and we're underdogs. I love it.

I'd love nothing more than to knock that cocky team down a notch and wipe the smirk from McDermott's face. I am still ticked off at his unprofessional antics towards SteveB and Scar a few years ago up there. What a jerk.

Huge game. Wish it wasn't on Monday night and rather a Sunday game, but the bye after should suit this team well. A win here puts Pats as front-runners to win the division, so while last game was big, this game is even bigger. Theoretically Pats can still win the division despite losing this game, but I think BB will have Pats coming out hungry after getting swept last year.

Schedule has it all laid out for them. Let's see how it turns out.

Step 1 of 4 was completed yesterday.

That's what? 18 days off? I'm not surprised to see them come out slow and stale at the start. It does happen. Meanwhile, Pats are healthier maybe than I've seen them recently, with yesterdays injuries described as "bumps and bruises, plus an extra day off, with a anther week off to follow.. I like our position.

Go Pats!

Cheers, BostonTim

Dan is a sports anchor for a Buffalo TV station covering the Bills.
No overconfidence here! :coffee:

View: https://twitter.com/danfetes/status/1465067701517357059

Chargers weren't a bad team when the Pats played them, same story with the Browns, Tennessee have been considered a good team until recent weeks when they've been decimated by injuries. The Jets, Panthers and Falcons, yeah, most certainly bad teams, but those bad teams were beaten convincingly, which was good should be doing.

The Bills haven't exactly beaten many "good" teams, probably the best team that they beat was KC, but at the time KC didn't look that great. The rest of their wins have been Miami (twice), Washington, Houston, NY Jets and a seriously beat up New Orleans.

They lost to the awful Jags and lost to an Indy team that's blowing hot and cold.

Pin that tweet up in the locker room

Browsing the Bills board for a few earlier.
The post/ confidence seems to be ⅓ worried, ⅓ we'll kick their ass, and ⅓ bElchicK teh cHEater.

Funny, I had 11 originally. But then I thought they must be talking 11 plus a bye week. But thev'e had there bye week right (their games played are -1)? So eleven it is. But I stick to the thought, So we'll see. And thanks.

Cheers, BostonTim

I've been looking forward to this as well after Newton lost the game up there last year and the Pats had their bags packed at Gillette last December. I somewhat love the idea Buffalo has been crowned for the division by the media and we're underdogs. I love it.

I'd love nothing more than to knock that cocky team down a notch and wipe the smirk from McDermott's face. I am still ticked off at his unprofessional antics towards SteveB and Scar a few years ago up there. What a jerk.
As far as I'm concerned, we loaned the AFC East crown last year, we want it back now. I agree, they have no running game and asking Allen to beat us is a tall task. Buffalo is young and cocky, they are a product of their coach. They have had 11 days to prepare for us compared to our 8 days. But if it comes down to coaching and preparation, Belichick has the advantage. This is a team sport and I don't see any other team playing as well as the Pats right now. Buffalo better be ready for a slug fest because the Pats are going to be throwing haymakers on Monday.

Harris and Stevenson, are going to be the key. If we can establish the run. Buffalo thinks they are smash mouth, they are going to find out the hard way just how much of a bully Mondre is going to be. That kid reminds of Corey Dillon, but faster. Great stiff arm and a very physical runner. I'm not gonna lie, I want this to be a blood bath by the Patriots, I want the Pats to beat them 45-3 in Buffalo but it will probably be more like 24-17, Pats win of course.. Make a statement to the Jills and the NFL as a whole. The Patriots are back, I no longer consider this a rebuilding year. 8-4 isn't a rebuild, this team is built and ready to compete.

Back