Week 13 Gamete Thread - @Bills, Mon Dec 6th, 8:15pm EST

Hello Patriots Planet,

One of your members joined our forum, so I thought I would reciprocate by joining you here.

Not a troll but am a big Bills Fan, just looking for some good discussion ahead of Monday's game. Regardless of the outcome, I think we can agree that we want our teams to come away healthy.

Go Bills!
:beer:
You have some very odd people on your board.

Look at this doozy. I mean, someone called BB's rebuild and FA moves a "meltdown" as you overpaid Josh Allen and Milano had Beane pinned to the wall in FA, and somehow BB needing get younger and better with some wise additions in FA, means he had a "meltdown"?

Here's won of the true gem highlights from one of your fellow fans:

Victory Formation

• Victory Formation
    Veteran
  • Community Member
Posted March 16
On 3/16/2021 at 10:02 AM, Paul Costa said:
BB a HOF coach has always been very passive with FA early in the process . The Patriots usually come in late looking for bargain binge prices. And often succeed. They always let more people walk than take in FA. And reap the benefits of extra draft picks. Why the change this year? Brandon Beane is the reason. BB and the Patriots have had a front row seat watching the Bills transformation by Beane. The Patriots have been triggered by the Bills & the success of TB in Tampa. The problem for NE is that their not good at this. They look like some day drinking random fan took over the controls of the NE Patriots. I’m happy but very surprised. The Patriots are in panic mode trying to keep up.
A big part of it is Brady. Without Brady, nobody wants to play there. Keep in mind that NE has been hated for years, not just a little bit of hatred, but deep boiling hatred and disgust. We Bills fans are not the only ones who hate them, but much of the NFL does as well. I could see 9 wins for them this year but I also think these big signings will hamstring them greatly in the future post Belichick. Think this is desperation on Belichick’s part. Brady leaves and wins a Super Bowl without him. Not even against a marginal team but against a formidable Kansas Chiefs team lead by Patrick Mahomes in dominant fashion. Belichick is now left with an okay team, a good team, not a great one and it looks like he may never win the division again, let alone the Super Bowl. These big free agent signings will screw them in the future. They had to overpay by 20-25% for just about every FA they signed. They are neither rebuilding nor contending, eventually their cap situation will implode and they’ll be left digging out of that hole for the next 3-4 years trying to get out of it. By that time they’ll have a culture of losing.

Indeed. Two teams that are pretty good. Though, to be honest, you guys are probably playing with a bit more consistency than any team in the AFC right now. I just hope we play to the level we know we can.
Hey Foxx, pay no mind to TyLawTroll...most of us here don't even want him. :coffee:

You have some very odd people on your board.

Look at this doozy. I mean, someone called BB's rebuild and FA moves a "meltdown" as you overpaid Josh Allen and Milano had Beane pinned to the wall in FA, and somehow BB needing get younger and better with some wise additions in FA, means he had a "meltdown"?

Here's won of the true gem highlights from one of your fellow fans:

Victory Formation

• Victory Formation
    Veteran
  • Community Member
Posted March 16

A big part of it is Brady. Without Brady, nobody wants to play there. Keep in mind that NE has been hated for years, not just a little bit of hatred, but deep boiling hatred and disgust. We Bills fans are not the only ones who hate them, but much of the NFL does as well. I could see 9 wins for them this year but I also think these big signings will hamstring them greatly in the future post Belichick. Think this is desperation on Belichick’s part. Brady leaves and wins a Super Bowl without him. Not even against a marginal team but against a formidable Kansas Chiefs team lead by Patrick Mahomes in dominant fashion. Belichick is now left with an okay team, a good team, not a great one and it looks like he may never win the division again, let alone the Super Bowl. These big free agent signings will screw them in the future. They had to overpay by 20-25% for just about every FA they signed. They are neither rebuilding nor contending, eventually their cap situation will implode and they’ll be left digging out of that hole for the next 3-4 years trying to get out of it. By that time they’ll have a culture of losing.
Yeah, no. That's not our board but another one. See my signature or the website located in my avatar panel.

Hello Patriots Planet,

One of your members joined our forum, so I thought I would reciprocate by joining you here.

Not a troll but am a big Bills Fan, just looking for some good discussion ahead of Monday's game. Regardless of the outcome, I think we can agree that we want our teams to come away healthy.

Go Bills!
:smilies-11117:

I'm genuinely wondering how you think the Bills match up with the Patriots.
The Bills O is mostly passing which is a strength of the Patriots' D.
Your running game is modest.

The Patriots like to run the ball and we all saw what the Colts did against the Bills 10 days ago with their run game.
I see the same thing from the Pats unless we see some 8-9 man fronts from McDermott and in that case Mac Jones is smart enough to go play action with a quick pass to take advantage.

I like how we match up to the Bills and wonder what you and your buddies think?

Jesus, did you really write this take? WTF? :ROFLMAO:

Foxx

• Foxx
    All-Pro
  • Coach
Posted March 15
On 3/15/2021 at 11:32 AM, Ann said:
The **Patriots spending their stimulus check jokes on twitter have been pretty amusing. Let's hope these moves are not enough to get them over the Cam-hump.

I still don't think Belichick is that good of a head coach. He got lucky with a 6th round draft pick is all.

Hello Patriots Planet,

Go Bills!
I think we both agree on fvck the Giants!

The Bills are top 3 in scoring offense, scoring defense, and point differential even after getting drummed a time or two so I think it’s a stretch at minimum to call them soft. Coaching we obviously have an edge, defense and special teams too, but their offense at its best is likely better than ours (for now). We all know Belichick will make them play left handed though so hopefully it won’t be at its best or even close to it. Regardless I fully expect it to be a difficult game against a very good team.

:smilies-11117:

I'm genuinely wondering how you think the Bills match up with the Patriots.
The Bills O is mostly passing which is a strength of the Patriots' D.
Your running game is modest.

The Patriots like to run the ball and we all saw what the Colts did against the Bills 10 days ago with their run game.
I see the same thing from the Pats unless we see some 8-9 man fronts from McDermott and in that case Mac Jones is smart enough to go play action with a quick pass to take advantage.

I like how we match up to the Bills and wonder what you and your buddies think?
Well, I can't really speak for my 'buddies' but I can offer up my particular thoughts.

Yes, the passing game is our strong suit. We are quite good in the passing game. I don't know that anyone can really stop our passing game other than us. If Daboll is on calling the game and 'sugar high' Josh isn't trying to do everything himself, we are going to put up numbers. We literally have 4 receivers that you just can't cover, Diggs, Beasley, Davis, and Sanders. Add in Knox's emergence and we are a strong five deep. Their various skillsets present a match-up nightmare for any team.

Our running game leaves a bit to be desired to be sure. Where the issue lies with the running game aspect is tough to tell though. Many think it is the scheme while others think it is Oline personnel, and yet others say it is the running backs themselves. Last week we benched Moss and gave his snaps to Brieda. He seemed to bring a bit of a different element to the running game, namely speed. Though observations of his body of work with the Bills are limited, he also seems to display a better vision and patience when deciding where and when to hit the holes.

As for our defensive run game performance against the Colts, yes, they flat-out destroyed us. While there is no real defense to what or how we performed in that game, we were without our number 1 1TDT, Lotulelei due to league policy Covid concerns. Additionally, we were without Tremaine Edmunds. Of which, you will get varied takes on his worth to the stopping the run game, some of which are warranted and others that are up for debate. It will be good to have both return for our game with you guys. While we are/were ranked the number 1 defense for most of the year, hopefully, Frazier and McDermott come up with a better game plan than we have seen at times against run-heavy teams. That has been our Achilles for the better part of the McDermott regime.

As for our passing defense, as some of you might know, we lost our star Cb Tre White for the season last week. While we don't have anyone of his caliber to replace him, Our passing game scheme is pretty stout, lead by an all-star safety corps, in Poyer and Hyde.

Jesus, did you really write this take? WTF? :ROFLMAO:

Foxx

• Foxx
    All-Pro
  • Coach
Posted March 15
On 3/15/2021 at 11:32 AM, Ann said:
The **Patriots spending their stimulus check jokes on twitter have been pretty amusing. Let's hope these moves are not enough to get them over the Cam-hump.

I still don't think Belichick is that good of a head coach. He got lucky with a 6th round draft pick is all.
I did. I'm not convinced he is anything without Brady. Of course he is somewhat altering that perception with what he is currently doing. :beer:

Welcome aboard Foxx

The best thing about right now is the rivalry is legit. Bills and Pats are both among the AFC powers. Should be a lot of fun over the next 6 weeks and beyond.
Agreed. Sustained lopsided results are not fun for either side. I can't help but wonder though what it would feel like though to run you guys for two decades.

We got a measure of revenge against the Dolphins for them killing us during the, '0-for-the-70's' (are still my most hated team by far), by dominating them when it mattered most through the '80's and 90's. Would be nice to experience some form of that against you guys.

Agreed. Sustained lopsided results are not fun for either side. I can't help but wonder though what it would feel like though to run you guys for two decades.

We got a measure of revenge against the Dolphins for them killing us during the, '0-for-the-70's' (are still my most hated team by far), by dominating them when it mattered most through the '80's and 90's. Would be nice to experience some form of that against you guys.
Dear Santa -

I've been really, really good this year, so please see above. Cookies on the end table by the couch!

Love,
Foxx

Well, I can't really speak for my 'buddies' but I can offer up my particular thoughts.

Yes, the passing game is our strong suit. We are quite good in the passing game. I don't know that anyone can really stop our passing game other than us. If Daboll is on calling the game and 'sugar high' Josh isn't trying to do everything himself, we are going to put up numbers. We literally have 4 receivers that you just can't cover, Diggs, Beasley, Davis, and Sanders. Add in Knox's emergence and we are a strong five deep. Their various skillsets present a match-up nightmare for any team.

Our running game leaves a bit to be desired to be sure. Where the issue lies with the running game aspect is tough to tell though. Many think it is the scheme while others think it is Oline personnel, and yet others say it is the running backs themselves. Last week we benched Moss and gave his snaps to Brieda. He seemed to bring a bit of a different element to the running game, namely speed. Though observations of his body of work with the Bills are limited, he also seems to display a better vision and patience when deciding where and when to hit the holes.

As for our defensive run game performance against the Colts, yes, they flat-out destroyed us. While there is no real defense to what or how we performed in that game, we were without our number 1 1TDT, Lotulelei due to league policy Covid concerns. Additionally, we were without Tremaine Edmunds. Of which, you will get varied takes on his worth to the stopping the run game, some of which are warranted and others that are up for debate. It will be good to have both return for our game with you guys. While we are/were ranked the number 1 defense for most of the year, hopefully, Frazier and McDermott come up with a better game plan than we have seen at times against run-heavy teams. That has been our Achilles for the better part of the McDermott regime.

As for our passing defense, as some of you might know, we lost our star Cb Tre White for the season last week. While we don't have anyone of his caliber to replace him, Our passing game scheme is pretty stout, lead by an all-star safety corps, in Poyer and Hyde.

Thank you for your good & reasonable response.

I think in the end our running game will be able to dominate and lead us to a tightly contested win. Should be a good game.

I did. I'm not convinced he is anything without Brady. Of course he is somewhat altering that perception with what he is currently doing. :beer:
I'm going to have to disagree, I can think of at least a half dozen players (if not more) he nailed in the draft, but everyone focuses on TFB. Anyhow. :smilies-11117:

You could argue the rebuild lasted all of six games. :coffee:

Well, plus last season, so for the sake of accuracy -- the rebuild lasted 22 games.
As much as I wanted Newton to succeed last season, he definitely was not the answer. The answer at QB was clear that we needed a pocket passing type of QB, not a runner. I'll give you the 22 games, that makes sense.

TwoBills is a rats nest similar Patsfans IMO.
Boy howdy! According to those clowns we won't win another game against the Bills for the next 15 years which is why I hope the Pats destroy them but I'll take a win however it comes.

I made a comment about the underrated Mike Anderson from the Broncos in the '00s. Once I looked up his weight, I knew it wasn't just the same jersey number I was seeing.

NOP2000120305.jpg

Stevenson has the low center of gravity thing going on and super quick feet. It's pretty unusual to see an RB at 230 with such quick feet.
One could argue though, back then, the Broncos OL was the key to those RB's successful seasons. It seemes like every RB they had was going to for 1,800+ a yards season, then when they left the Broncos, they were below average. The Broncos cut blocking OL was more of the key to their Running game imo. But Anderson is a big dude.

My favoite stat from the Bills press release I posted is this one:

"The Bills have decreased their points per
game allowed average by 6.9 points since
last season, which is the second-largest
decrease in the NFL this season (DEN,
10.1)."

Well, they did hold the Jags to 9 points....

Back