Week 13 Gamete Thread - @Bills, Mon Dec 6th, 8:15pm EST

There's a whole myriad of excuses Bills fans are using for losing last night, this one is something special.

You know you are deep when they start bitching about having a more talented team.

There's a whole myriad of excuses Bills fans are using for losing last night, this one is something special.

They also think Josh Allen is elite, which still makes me laugh. Part of Buffalo's issues is they live in a bubble up there and all surround themselves with a lot of people do backpatting and think they are better than they are because Brady left. So, they've all convinced themselves that the division is theirs for years to come.

All true.

Talk to any Bills fan and they honestly have been conditioned to believe that, and with the media bashing BB the last 12 months, this is what happens.

It's hilarious. All because people don't do homework or use critical thinking skills.

Maybe if they spent more time learning the sport instead of putting an asterisk after "Pats" every time they post, they may know more about the sport.

Except there is no reason a 5 yard pass off playaction with the wind couldn't have happened at least once for effect. If we lost that game, people would be all over McDaniels this morning and that would have been the main focus, and it would have been a legit complaint next to why Harry was back for a punt.

It was ultra conservative and it worked, but this is the part where Joshy gets way too much credit on the other side of a game. He didn't reinvent the wheel here.
Josh was calling the game exactly the way BB wanted him to call the game. If he wasn't, BB would have told him to adjust his play calling.

They also think Josh Allen is elite, which still makes me laugh. Part of Buffalo's issues is they live in a bubble up there and all surround themselves with a lot of people do backpatting and think they are better than they are because Brady left. So, they've all convinced themselves that the division is theirs for years to come.

All true.

Talk to any Bills fan and they honestly have been conditioned to believe that, and with the media bashing BB the last 12 months, this is what happens.

It's hilarious. All because people don't do homework or use critical thinking skills.

Maybe if they spent more time learning the sport instead of putting an asterisk after "Pats" every time they post, they may know more about the sport.

They still think Josh Allen is elite but today they're re-thinking where the team is in relation to the Pats and the league. Most posters over there think the Bills are average at multiple position groups and need upgrades badly, OL and RB in particular. The Pats win seems to have killed their spirit and that's fine with me.
I think last night the Pats killed the Bills' hopes for the future. That's fine with me, too.

Why the Pats chose Stevenson. He's a horse with quick feet.

View: https://twitter.com/MattWaldman/status/1430340668476514304

Harris is damn good himself but Stevenson is a superstar in the making IMO. The more his pass blocking improves he'll be a legit any situation 3 down back and make the offense that much more unpredictable. I can't believe they have this 2 headed monster next year too, what a luxury.

The sad part is, both of Stevenson most electric eye popping runs get called back because of holding, such a bummer. That one juke last night was insanely quick for his size, or any size really, what an ankle breaker.

Does anyone know if Jamie Collins played, I don't remember hearing his name called at all last night.

Does anyone know if Jamie Collins played, I don't remember hearing his name called at all last night.
He did. Not sure on the snap count, but he was out there. I think Bentley played a lot and Hightower took on more of the edge snaps along with Judon.

They still think Josh Allen is elite but today they're re-thinking where the team is in relation to the Pats and the league. Most posters over there think the Bills are average at multiple position groups and need upgrades badly, OL and RB in particular. The Pats win seems to have killed their spirit and that's fine with me.
I think last night the Pats killed the Bills' hopes for the future. That's fine with me, too.
I am sure they are, or at least the smart ones are. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why people thought Buffalo would just walk all over this franchise. But, this has been the narrative now since late 2019 in Brady's last good game here where Buffalo lost by 7. And, of course last year's very misleading 38-9 game when the team was packed up for XMas and waiting on a fresh start with a new QB in 2021.

The other thing I can't figure out is the arrogance of some of these paper tiger franchises. Baltimore, Buffalo, Miami, Indy is now doing it. Which leads me to my next thought: You've got McDwarfmott running his mouth all game like a Junior Whinebaugh who needs a slap, and that poor leadership led to the Hyde/Poyer stuff last night. They got run over when they were told the run was coming all night, still couldn't stop it, and want to take it out on the media. It's just a bad look. And, then 48 hours ago on that Bills board I see comments like "Poyer and Hyde are the best Safety duo in the league and it aint close" as we have McCourty, Phillips (great game last night again) and an emerging Dugger. Ain't close, huh fellas? It's not only close you're wrong, as Poyer and Hyde are overrated. It's just annoying seeing all this praise of other teams and players and when the games happen, guess who has better players?

This brings me to Indy's GM, Chris Ballard, who mocked BBs FA shopping spree proclaiming he only needs in-house talent to build a winner, as he trades a 1st rd pick to pay Wentz 30 million per year. It's this kind or arrogance that I think only fuels BB and the coaching staff, and the players. Our players see this crap, too.

You know what this team is going to do to finesse and overrated Indy? Drop 40 on their ass in their own building. Yep. We're gonna light up those pansies in their little white panties in that dome.

Just a classic BB game plan.
Even through it was clear that the plan was to run it down their throats all night, they couldn't stop it. Patriots are the tougher, stronger and more physical team.

Loving some of the comments on other boards about it, like for instance the big takeaway here is that the Pats don't trust Jones. What a crock!
I'm actually really curious was the alternative game plans were. What would we have seen if the Patriots averaged 1.8 ypc in the first quarter because the Bills were shooting gaps and staggering their defense to allow them to use their speed to gang tackle instead of getting suckered into playing in a phone booth? What would the passing game look like if they had to try passing?

I think Colts could be a problem more so than the Bills.
Both will be real tests. I don't fear either, but I respect both.

Miami isn't likely to be a pushover, given that they could be coming in with insane momentum and a shot at finishing off the most improbable playoff run of all time. Definitely don't fear them, but definitely a potential trap game.

Back