Week 13 Gamete Thread - @Bills, Mon Dec 6th, 8:15pm EST

I'm actually really curious was the alternative game plans were. What would we have seen if the Patriots averaged 1.8 ypc in the first quarter because the Bills were shooting gaps and staggering their defense to allow them to use their speed to gang tackle instead of getting suckered into playing in a phone booth? What would the passing game look like if they had to try passing?
I think part of it was that incomplete passes stop the clock and they managed to not allow as many opportunities by keeping it between the hash marks.

Skip Gayliss just compared last nights game to the tuck rule game. Saying how Bill trusted Tom to throw the ball way more than Mac in terrible conditions, in his first starting year. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Ummmmm Pats were LOSING 13-3 in the 4th quarter of that game! What a toolshed!
Also:
Snow with a some wind is not 50mph gusts.
Brady played at Michigan, and had both wind and snow games under his belt.

honestly...i love all the butthurt from their players and especially mc dermott. it is the natural result of the way the pats roared into their house, told them, "we're gonna hold you down while we tell you exactly how we will have our way with you then we will wipe our dicks on your curtains, raid your fridge, make you cook our meal, we will eat, then we will leave. And....your women and animals will follow us willingly." 😁

there is no more fun game for me than a defensive battle where the smallest error can turn the tide. couple that with seeing the emasculation of an opponent resulting from a 200 plus yard day on the ground vs 10 men on the l.o.s.? i need a cig, and i quit smoking years ago! 😄
I love a woman who knows what she likes, and is at peace with it. :coffee:

I'm actually really curious was the alternative game plans were. What would we have seen if the Patriots averaged 1.8 ypc in the first quarter because the Bills were shooting gaps and staggering their defense to allow them to use their speed to gang tackle instead of getting suckered into playing in a phone booth? What would the passing game look like if they had to try passing?
I'd assume more looks to the TE's with perhaps Boldin getting as many, if not more, snaps than either Harris or Stevenson.

Amazing that the Bills could stack 9 in the box at times and still not stop the run. They gave up about 150 on the ground after Harris's 64-yard TD. This game was a veritable "Thank you sir, may I have another?" Astonishing.

Everyone who ripped Joshy in this thread, a perspective from someone who has no trouble trashing the OC when warranted.

1) They won the game, and were ahead most of the game. Keep the lead, and get the fuck out of town. That game was like 2 1/2 hours. Even if you take out the Harris TD run (which you shouldn't do because it's dumb cherrypicking, but even if you did) the Patriots still averaged more the 4 YPC. Against 9 and 10 (and occasionally 11) man boxes.
I get a lot less than 4 ypc, closer to 3 than 4. And it isn't dumb cherry picking if you look at it like what do you expect to get on the next run? Which would be about what they got w/o a fluke run.

As far as playcalling, it was just dumb to me. With 10-11 defenders in the box, to not call a playaction is just moronic. They had as many tackles for loss as they did runs of 4 yard or more. The run game would have been greatly improved by the threat of a pass.

You are right. We won. Just as last week the Ravens won after tossing 4 picks. Doesn't mean those four picks were just fine.

I agree, keep the lead, get out of town. But keep the lead? Tyler Bass makes that kick and the Bills are down 1, not 4, and they can kick a FG at the end, not have to go for it on 4th and 14. Pats get out of town but we're not happy today.

I think it was cool (now that they won and I wish now they had thrown 0 passes) but it wasn't smart playcalling not to throw in a pass now and then. BB said it was an avoid-a-turnover kind of think, and I sure agree with that, but I would have had Jones throw a pass OOB once in a while. No turnover, and the run game loosens up. Just toss enough to get rid of those 10 and 11 man fronts.

The Bills were stupider. On the Harris TD run they had everyone on the LOS except one safety about 6-7 yards back, who ignored his safety duties and charged the LOS at the snap. Thank you, Señor Safety le Stupido.

Meanwhile back in the AFC East, the Patriots not so quietly built a team that can go toe to toe with any team in the NFL on both sides of the ball. I don't mention our special teams because no one can match up against our special teams imo.
:toast:

There's a whole myriad of excuses Bills fans are using for losing last night, this one is something special.

My fave is the guy who basically said that the Bills are the more talented team except that they lose one-on-one battles in the trenches, they make mistakes, they commit too many penalties, they are one dimensional, and they struggle in the red zone. He kinda has a point.

We are the more talented team in every game. We lose because ....

1. Not enough wins on the line (O and D)

2. Mistakes and penalties (coaching)

3. One dimensional and red zone struggles

.... it's killing one of the more talented rosters and one of the best QB's in the game.

honestly...i love all the butthurt from their players and especially mc dermott. it is the natural result of the way the pats roared into their house, told them, "we're gonna hold you down while we tell you exactly how we will have our way with you then we will wipe our dicks on your curtains, raid your fridge, make you cook our meal, we will eat, then we will leave. And....your women and animals will follow us willingly." 😁

there is no more fun game for me than a defensive battle where the smallest error can turn the tide. couple that with seeing the emasculation of an opponent resulting from a 200 plus yard day on the ground vs 10 men on the l.o.s.? i need a cig, and i quit smoking years ago! 😄
The board should have a "Post Of The Season Award" - this one would get my vote.

Well done. :banana::dance::clap:

Also:
Snow with a some wind is not 50mph gusts.
Brady played at Michigan, and had both wind and snow games under his belt.
This, I keep saying it, and I know most here understand this. Throwing in the snow is actually pretty easy if there's no wind. That's why Belichick and McDaniels throw plenty in the snow.

Back