Week 13 Gamete Thread - @Bills, Mon Dec 6th, 8:15pm EST

FF4qWYQUUAICiFD

These fans of Buffalo are out of their minds with fear. I mean, I certainly don't like Goodell and feel these games are attempted to be shaped for ratings purposes or for which owner they want to throw a bone to, etc, but this is ridiculous. If anything, Buffalo will get the calls tonight at home and because Goodell would love nothing more

Why do people think NE gets calls when the opposite is true? The Tuck Rule was applied properly, if a dumb rule, but that was also 20 years ago. We can all count how many horrendous calls or calls that weren't even connected to the enforcement of a rule, have gone against our team since Goodell took over. And, why would we be given favoritism after being harassed and cheated by Goodell and owners who are jealous of Kraft?

30 owners will be rooting for Pegula and his quest to get momentum to build a new stadium so they can all make more money as well:

I saw that too, pretty funny that they continue to come up with excuses and they haven't even played the game yet. These fools continue to talk about how the Pats haven't beaten anyone worthy yet they lose to the Steelers and Jags and got their dookie pushed in by the Colts. 4 conference loses for them and 1 for the Pats, I like odds better of getting the higher seed.

Yeah, I think it's likely Jamie Collins is glued to a tight end a good part of the night. At least he's back.
The Pats primarily play zone anyway but doesn't he kind of suck at covering decent TE's? Every memory I have of him covering TE's is him getting burnt badly. Disclaimer I don't have a great memory but I can't remember a game where he was ever a part of shutting down a TE.

Regardless of the above post, the pressure is all on the Bill's. This was supposed to be the year that they were going to take the next step. It was the year that they were not to have any opposition in winning the division.
Now they find themselves in a game against a team that was their personal nightmare year after year, just to get back to first place in their division.

The New England Patriots added some reinforcements to their top-ranked defense for Monday night’s matchup with the Buffalo Bills.

In a sequence of pregame roster moves, the Patriots officially activated linebacker Jamie Collins off injured reserve and elevated safety Sean Davis and defensive tackle Daniel Ekuale from the practice squad. Davis will provide depth in the secondary with starting strong safety Kyle Dugger unavailable.

Dugger, the Patriots’ starting strong safety, was not removed from the reserve/COVID-19 list and will not play Monday night. Running back J.J. Taylor also was not activated off the COVID list.

This will be Davis’ first appearance in a Patriots uniform. The 28-year-old was a starter for the Pittsburgh Steelers early in his career (40 starts over his first three pro seasons) but had his 2019 season cut short by a shoulder injury and hasn’t seen much playing time since. He mostly played on special teams for Pittsburgh last season (just 57 defensive snaps in 16 games), then made cameos with the Indianapolis Colts and Cincinnati Bengals this September before joining the Patriots’ practice squad on Oct. 13.

The Patriots used Ekuale’s two standard practice squad elevations earlier this season, but he was designated as a COVID-19 replacement. Ekuale saw action in October wins over the New York Jets and Los Angeles Chargers, recording one sack.

Collins also will help offset the loss of Dugger, who often lines up at linebacker level. The athletic 32-year-old missed the last three games with an ankle injury before returning to practice earlier this week.

I was at a bar after work [Narrator; "First time for everything."] and they had Gunner on TV tossing the ball. I see line drive kicks and punts and short passes all night and 20 yard FG misses.

Good luck tonight. I’ve read & heard media members talk about this can be a statement game for the Pats. If that is the case go make a big statement. I really like the brand of football the Pats play. Enjoy your gamete & get a W.
Just pure class.

Back