Week 13 Gamete Thread - @Bills, Mon Dec 6th, 8:15pm EST

I can't really blame the Billies for acting childish/having a meltdown mode...they SHOULD have really won last night's game. They know that their post season hopes are sinking. They never won anything, so, they can't set a standard for themselves. The pressure is too much for them.

I can't really blame the Billies for acting childish/having a meltdown mode...they SHOULD have really won last night's game. They know that their post season hopes are sinking. They never won anything, so, they can't set a standard for themselves. The pressure is too much for them.

Should have? Their 10 points were from the horrific decision to put Harry back to field a punt and from a BS unnecessary roughness call. It should have been 14-0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Should have? Their 10 points were from the horrific decision to put Harry back to field a punt and from a BS unnecessary roughness call. It should have been 14-0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
They had plenty of chances, but, the Bills.

FF-WZoDWQAE5mZg

The Pats playbook last night. :coffee:

I sort of remember having a back and forth with one of the Bradites about how it was impossible to win a game this way in the pass happy NFL. Shorten the game.

with this team I'll take bad weather games every time. Mac needs these experiences too if he's the Pats QB the next umpteen years. three passes in a win? I'll take it and he got the real experience of that cold, wind-chill and wind.
this must have been like an old 50's Packers vs. Bears with 98% run plays

Learned first hand last night -->
Rule 3. Do whatever it takes to win.
a. Subjugate yourself for the good of the team. Do it willingly.

"wow, I guess there really is something to rule 3"

FF-5QgOWYAEbSzS

"I'm not here to kiss Belichick's rings" but there's a lot more from McDermott in that message that I think he'd like to have back in about 5 minutes. Too late, the cat is out of the bag.

1) Poor McDermott is too oblivious to even realize that BB took his lunch money then came back again for his dinner money in the RZ. 3 times!!

2) McDermott's standing as a coach & leader took a big hit in my mind when he didn't immediately take all the responsibility for that loss on himself. Sloppy football? With specific examples!? Calling out players? No.

You're doing it all wrong, Sean.
Pergula is too smart a personnel man not to notice those remarks are the remarks of losers.

Everyone who ripped Joshy in this thread, a perspective from someone who has no trouble trashing the OC when warranted.

1) They won the game, and were ahead most of the game. Keep the lead, and get the fuck out of town. That game was like 2 1/2 hours. Even if you take out the Harris TD run (which you shouldn't do because it's dumb cherrypicking, but even if you did) the Patriots still averaged more the 4 YPC. Against 9 and 10 (and occasionally 11) man boxes.

tl;dr - They didn't need to throw, so they didn't. Running the clock was more important once they got the lead.

2) The Patriots play the Bills again in 3 weeks, and they showed the Bills absolutely NOTHING on offense. Nothing. If it's a crisp 45 degree day in Foxboro with little wind, expect a lot more passing. This was a demoralizing way to lose a football game, because the Bills were soft on both lines.

Also I love how Josh Allen completes 50% and less than 4 YPA and suddenly he's Dan Marino.

Also, I guess Matt "3 Teams in 3 Years" Brieda wasn't the answer after all, Bills fans? :coffee:

^ Truth. Solid post, Tommy. Always looking to the future by deceiving your foe in the present. Winning battles before they happen. Right out of Sun Tzu.

For a team that should be built to play in crummy weather conditions the Bills don't have the strength to do it.
The Patriots won the game in the trenches by pushing the Bills around. Old school.
The Bills have to get stronger up front before they can compete consistently. BB wasn't worried even when it got close. He knew their chances of scoring in the RZ in that wind against the D that he built were not good.

BB knows exactly what his team is and last night the confidence he showed in this team showed us how good he thinks this team really is.
Against any team, anywhere, in any conditions.
He has plans for this team. ; )

I agree wholeheartedly with your last 4 sentences, BSF.

There's no way they should have won the game. The Pats outplayed them, out-muscled them and outcoached them in their house. The Bills got 2 huge personal foul penalties as gifts from the refs to help their cause. The first was bogus af since Allen was still in bounds. This Patriots team is built better and is better than these Bills. Anytime, anywhere.
=============================

We may look back at this game in 2 years as the pivotal game that destroyed the Bills psyche and SB aspirations; the game that was the beginning of the end for them.
I believe that's true right now.

Last edited:
Could the Bills have used the time out at the end of the game that McD wasted challenging the spot on Mac's first down sneak? That was a stupid call.

McDermott was on tilt all game. He wasn't thinking straight. Hell, even in the press conference he looked like he was fuming.

Back