WEEK 14 • THURSDAY NIGHT - New England Patriots AT Los Angeles Rams

Mazz22

Age 43 and STILL playing like a champ
Reaction score
Figured I would get this thread going given the 4 day turn around. Feel good about our D vs their O. Don't feel great about our O vs their D. Still very winnable but probably our toughest game left.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
Streaming: The Pats are not on as many prime time games as "usual" this year. For those of you that have to watch most games online the best I have found this year is NFLbite.com. There are popups on the streams but once you get through them the streams are solid. I even got the surround sound yesterday through the Mac->Apple TV->Television. It was weird, but really good.

Just an FYI.

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
This tells if they turned a corner.

It certainly could. The Browns turned a corner yesterday with a big win over the Titans.
The Rams are PFF's 5th best overall team this year with a great D and decent O.
The Pats are ranked 17th overall.
The difference between them isn't that great, however. 86.6 to 78.1.
Once again, STs is where the the Pats have a clear edge on the Rams.
The Pats yesterday would beat the Rams, imo.

rivshark86

Reaction score
The 49ers just beat them, and in the same way the Pats have been winning recently.

Still though, I don’t see winning through smoke, mirrors, and special teams working against a good well coached team.

It’s been a fun few weeks though.

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
I'm beginning to think that Gunner is going to be our new Welker/Edelman slot receiver, dude has some wheels and has some moves.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
The 49ers just beat them, and in the same way the Pats have been winning recently.

Still though, I don’t see winning through smoke, mirrors, and special teams working against a good well coached team.

It’s been a fun few weeks though.
I never trust those familar matchup games. I mean Denver almost beat the Chiefs last night. I hope we dont have to rely on special teams going crazy in order to win, but we might. Turnovers that we can cause will be a plus,
I am not sure our offense can just going down the field a whole bunch of times on that defense.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
It certainly could. The Browns turned a corner yesterday with a big win over the Titans.
The Rams are PFF's 5th best overall team this year with a great D and decent O.
The Pats are ranked 17th overall.
The difference between them isn't that great, however. 86.6 to 78.1.
Once again, STs is where the the Pats have a clear edge on the Rams.
The Pats yesterday would beat the Rams, imo.

The Chargers are almost dead last in special teams, so I assume you mean if the pats special teams did to the Rams what they did to the chargers they could have won? I hope we do not have to rely on a blocked punt TD, a punt return TD to win games going forward, because that is not sustainable. If that does not happen in the Rams game, we are going to have to drive down the field unless we can create a few turnovers. If that does not happen, its going to be tough
having a lot of long drives against them. Rams offense is weird though, it should be better than it is, very unpredictable with how they will play.

OP
Mazz22

Mazz22

Reaction score
The Chargers are almost dead last in special teams, so I assume you mean if the pats special teams did to the Rams what they did to the chargers they could have won? I hope we do not have to rely on a blocked punt TD, a punt return TD to win games going forward, because that is not sustainable. If that does not happen in the Rams game, we are going to have to drive down the field unless we can create a few turnovers. If that does not happen, its going to be tough
having a lot of long drives against them. Rams offense is weird though, it should be better than it is, very unpredictable with how they will play.
The biggest take away from the Chargers is the confidence the team will have in everything it is doing. They have some mojo right now. Hopefully it carries over. They will need to play near perfect to beat the Rams.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
The biggest take away from the Chargers is the confidence the team will have in everything it is doing. They have some mojo right now. Hopefully it carries over. They will need to play near perfect to beat the Rams.
never before have I seen matchups change games so much until this year. Its no longer about, hey they beat this team, and we beat that team so this should happen. I am really not surprised anymore and who wins and loses and who to.
I see KC barely get by a horrible denver team and then blow away a good team, then you see things like the Giants shutting down seattle. Its just a weird year, so I have stopped trying to figure out who is going to win and lose anymore.

OP
Mazz22

Mazz22

Reaction score
never before have I seen matchups change games so much until this year. Its no longer about, hey they beat this team, and we beat that team so this should happen. I am really not surprised anymore and who wins and loses and who to.
I see KC barely get by a horrible denver team and then blow away a good team, then you see things like the Giants shutting down seattle. Its just a weird year, so I have stopped trying to figure out who is going to win and lose anymore.
That's why I said it is about confidence and mojo. The Rams are not the Chargers. We will have to play our best game of the year to have a chance to win.

rivshark86

Reaction score
The Rams have a damn good defense. Obviously. 80 pass yards won’t get the win this week.

I’m really interested to see how the run game holds up.

OP
Mazz22

Mazz22

Reaction score
The Rams have a damn good defense. Obviously. 80 pass yards won’t get the win this week.

I’m really interested to see how the run game holds up.
I am hoping we see Stidham in this game especially if we get down by 2 or more scores.

johnlocke

Reaction score
I am hoping we see Stidham in this game especially if we get down by 2 or more scores.
Well, I don't expect them to get down by 2 scores but if they are that's a bad situation to put a young kid in confidence-wise cuz at that point the gameplan goes out the window.

Big/Sky/Fly

We're All In This Psyop Together...
Reaction score
That's why I said it is about confidence and mojo. The Rams are not the Chargers. We will have to play our best game of the year to have a chance to win.
Both of those teams are very talented...but, Lynn isn't head coaching material imo.