Week 14 other games.

ParanoidPatriot

Big member
Reaction score
Week 14 starts tonight with the Raiders vs the Rams on Amazon Prime.
The Raiders are coached by the very popular (now that he's gone) Josh McDaniels. He is missed terribly by those who bashed him when he was OC for the Patriots.
The Rams are coached by the Young Einstein of the NFL. This same football genius badly out coached in the SB a few short years ago by BB. Now he leads the defending SB Champions to the worst record of any defending champion in history.
Should be an interesting game.
Looking forward to Sunday, we get the Jets vs Bills and Bucs vs 9ers in my area. I don't remember who is playing Sunday night and too tired to look it up.

The Raiders are coached by the very popular (now that he's gone) Josh McDaniels. He is missed terribly by those who bashed him when he was OC for the Patriots.
The Rams are coached by the Young Einstein of the NFL. This same football genius badly out coached in the SB a few short years ago by BB. Now he leads the defending SB Champions to the worst record of any defending champion in history.
Looking forward to Sunday, we get the Jets vs Bills and Bucs vs 9ers in my area. I don't remember who is playing Sunday night and too tired to look it up.

I thought about reading the book "The Power of Positive Thinking" but then I decided what the hell good would that do?

Who knew that Belichick would do what he did?

Last edited:
I can say freely, I never bashed McDaniels. Maybe because I'm not an expert like many here, I never saw much to bash. He was/is clearly a top offensive guru. Patricia on the other hand....even someone who isn't an expert on the game can see it's plainly not working.

Maybe what's happening in Vegas is that we know Josh runs very complicated offensive schemes and philosophies with huge playbooks that take a long time to get to grips with, and some players can never fully get up to speed. We saw it here when guys like Reggie Wayne couldn't handle it. So it may have taken the Vegas players this long for the penny to drop and for them to get to grips with Josh's schemes finally. It may be too late this season, but next season they could be formidable in attack.

And good on Mark Davis for not listening to the world of the pundits who wanted Josh gone from the Raiders after the early losses.

Not related to the game. After years and years of being a football nut in various capacities, I never knew why the field was referred to as a gridiron.
But I finally looked it up, and now I know.

Mayfield was just in for the Rams.

I'm not sure why I'm supposed to not like him but I was really happy for him. He seems to have kind of gotten a raw deal so far in his career.
The way some hate on him you would think he’d been accused by 2 dozen+ women of sexual assault and misconduct and then rewarded with $230 million.

What an embarrassing loss for the Raiders.

Helluva first game for Mayfield

Yes it was. He got better as the game went along thanks to Babbel's football language translation lessons.
That's called a super fast burn-in with language, plays, routes, chemistry, reads, hand offs, WR adjustments, audibles, check downs and much more in a 2 day crash course.
That was amazing!

Mayfield Magic.

Hey, Patricia! Are you watching?!

The way some hate on him you would think he’d been accused by 2 dozen+ women of sexual assault and misconduct and then rewarded with $230 million.

I don't understand it. The way some of the commentariat act around him is bizarre. I mean, what did the guy do? Just not perform to the level they'd like?

I don't hate Mayfield, in fact I thought that he got hosed in Cleveland. And Carolina just proved that they don't know what the hell they are doing with the QB position.

Last edited:
That penalty by the Raiders D Lineman on that final drive, knocking the ball out of Mayfields hands after he got sacked for a loss and the Raiders in full control, was lunacy.....He handed them a 15 yard move up the field and fresh downs. Madness.

Back