Week 14 - Queefs @ Pats, Sun 12/8 4:25PM

bideau

Offering friendly advice
Reaction score
We're on to KC.
Current forecast is for a nice day, highs around 40.

Lots of story lines, let the discussion begin.

KC will be short on backs this week.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...nce-darrel-williams-out-for-chiefs-this-week/

The Chiefs were down one running back when Sunday’s game against the Raiders got underway and they were down two by the time the final whistle blew at the end of the fourth quarter.

Darrel Williams injured his hamstring during the game, which left the rushing duties to LeSean McCoy and Darwin Thompson with Damien Williams already out of action. On Monday, head coach Andy Reid wasn’t optimistic about Williams’s chances of returning to action against the Patriots this week.

“Darrel’s injury, he had a hamstring and that didn’t look very good,” Reid said, via the Kansas City Star. “So, there’s probably a pretty good chance he doesn’t play.”

Thompson had 44 yards on 11 carries in his most extensive playing time of his rookie season. Given the team’s aversion to relying too heavily on McCoy, Thompson could see even more work if both Williamses are out this week.

I think they must be a little upset for giving up the run too soon. Michel had a great first drive.

Against KC? Strive for 250.

Run game should be very important this game. I think the defense matches up well with the Chiefs' offense, but the Pats offense needs to make something happen.

This game will tell a lot about this team. If they lose, I think the season is going to be over in early/mid January. If they come back (like they usually do) and win big, the ship may be righted.

If they do lose, Belichick will have a golden opportunity to use his "We are on to Cincinnati" line again so there's that.

From the perspective here in my personal Patriots Snowglobe it seems like every year follows the same basic pattern. At least the last couple of seasons.

It seems like we look like absolute crap at some point down the stretch every season and then suddenly we wake up and look like we came down from a higher league, i.e, late last year we get crushed in Pittsburgh and then just pummel San Diego when every expert in football had gleefully given us Last Rites. It happens so often you almost feel like you've seen this movie before even though it was just released. We're all ready to fall off of the metaphorical Kellerman's Cliff and then all is well and we get to feel like we knew things would turn around. No problem. The Pats are like the ultimate Jelly of the Month Club-- the gift that keeps on giving.

While historical patterns are great and all, I can never just count on what happened a year or three or five ago. It just seems too sketchy to count on no matter how many times it has happened. I have to go by what trends I see and right now there is simply no way you can feel good about our offense, unless you are a bigger fan of history than I can manage. Or delusional.

Hard, nasty game on tap. I intend to ignore what my lying eyes are telling me, put my worries aside and hope for the Pats to show a different look and feel and beat a really good KC team again.

It's a lot to hope for, but I'm gonna give it my best shot.

We’re going to need a rabid fanbase. Nothing will get the boys going more than a ridiculous raucous crowd.

Put the brie and white zin down, crush 7-8 Bud Lights and a couple slices of cold pizza, and make some fvcking noise!!!!

Don't forget to record this game. I expect an instant classic. And I won't write off the season if we lose. So what if we do. It would make the Buffalo game even more important. But if/when we win against the Chiefs, a good team, it'll be glorious. The Patriots aren't owed anything. They win/lose on the merits of the team, and the same for the opponents.

Karma: 52-0 KC. Everybody's mouth is watering for another Patriot's loss. You won't be disappointed.

We’re going to need a rabid fanbase. Nothing will get the boys going more than a ridiculous raucous crowd.

Put the brie and white zin down, crush 7-8 Bud Lights and a couple slices of cold pizza, and make some fvcking noise!!!!

I'll be there yellin after crushing half a bottle of Bourbon and a hot pizza. The kiosk at the top of my section used to be the good stuff > Sam Adams. No offense but now it's this shit called Bud Light.

I'll be there yellin after crushing half a bottle of Bourbon and a hot pizza. The kiosk at the top of my section used to be the good stuff > Sam Adams. No offense but now it's this shit called Bud Light.

The late season crowds are louder and more animated. The fair weather pink hats stay home and the hard core fans take over.

BTW, we still have kiosks that sell good beer, but Bud Light took over the large kiosk by the lighthouse a few years ago. I'll be hitting the Sam station to get my Winter draft. In the lot, I'll have my assortment of high test IPA's.

I only reference Bud Light because it is a good pounding beer. It’s hard to hit heavy numbers with the quality beers. I prefer Sam products. High quality IPAs. But Fvck they get heavy.

Loud and real drunk. Let’s get old school Foxboro.

This game means a lot for the Pats but I am not sure how important it is for the Chiefs.

The Chiefs pretty much have the AFC west locked up and are probably not going to be getting a bye so win or loss isn't going to change much for KC.

I hope this is the game that is the turning point of our season. Like in America’s Game when whoever speaks about this game they will say this is the game where everything changed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a craft beer section in the 300's near my seat that sold TreeHouse earlier this year. It was heaven

This game means a lot for the Pats but I am not sure how important it is for the Chiefs.

The Chiefs pretty much have the AFC west locked up and are probably not going to be getting a bye so win or loss isn't going to change much for KC.

After getting beat twice by the Pats last season especially at home in the AFCCG i think this game is just as important to the chiefs as it is the Pats. Fat Andy would love nothing more than knocking off BB and the Pats.

Back