Week 14 - Queefs @ Pats, Sun 12/8 4:25PM

I feel like this is a flash back to just about the same time in 2018.

"This team sucks, they won't make it out of the first round of the playoffs"

What did the sane, objective NFL fan get out of tonight's game? Fucked out of OT and more entertainment.

This game was headed to OT without ref intervention. Two teams playing their ass off and fans should have been treated to a nail-biting OT. Instead they got zebras ruining the game.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Scoop and score is NE -7.

Harry oob is NE -7.

Dorsett PI.

I see a NE win and cover.

Scoop and score is NE -7.

Harry oob is NE -7.

Dorsett PI.

I see a NE win and cover.
Also a possibility. My point remains. Fans of the sport that just want to watch football at the highest level were fucked out of that tonight. It would be embarrassing for the league if they had any true leadership that cared about the sport.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The refs screwed NE. But this team has major problems. It’s basically Tom Eddleman and white vs the nfl with no line

Great game. We've improved. They're going to kick Cincinatti's ass. They gave it a great try, being down like they were. And it was a bad game for the Refs. The Patriots deserved to win.
I've been laughing at Kordell (tonight the best team didn't win) Stewart and laughing at Hogfarmer (refs, Dee ford, coin toss, OT rules, cheating) to change colors now, so I'll go with Parcells: You are what your record is.

That was a phenomenal effort and play by Harry. There’s more to be had there. Myers has made plays. Dorsett has made plenty.

They finally figured out running wide then the last 2 series they didn’t try. Mindnumbingly stupid. Letting Jules line up wide exploited the whole middle. Between the two Josh should have been able to call extended drives.

I feel like this is a flash back to just about the same time in 2018.

"This team sucks, they won't make it out of the first round of the playoffs"

But last year weren't the Pats more shit at the beginning of the season and then got better as the season went on? This year it's the complete opposite.

It was strange that after a clear and very correct readjustment that Romo correctly identified where they used Jules being double-teamed to open the field up, that they didn't stick with it. Romo was right, the Chiefs were in trouble because of that adjustment but they couldn't keep it going at the death which was a shame.

One thing that even the Patriot haters have to admit, is that this team will keep fighting to the very death and they will try anything and everything to get it done. As bad as the offense was, as terrible as the reffing was, the team still clawed their way back to a shot to tie the game up. I give them huge credit for that.

It was strange that after a clear and very correct readjustment that Romo correctly identified where they used Jules being double-teamed to open the field up, that they didn't stick with it. Romo was right, the Chiefs were in trouble because of that adjustment but they couldn't keep it going at the death which was a shame.

One thing that even the Patriot haters have to admit, is that this team will keep fighting to the very death and they will try anything and everything to get it done. As bad as the offense was, as terrible as the reffing was, the team still clawed their way back to a shot to tie the game up. I give them huge credit for that.

That's my takeaway from this game - the team mounted a spirited comeback fighting adversity and seemed energized doing it. I didn't see any quit in anyone, including TB, and that bodes well for the rest of the year.

I was also glad for Harry to get a chance to show his worth from a scripted play. Too bad 2 refs with a perfect view weren't watching and instead assumed he stepped out of bounds and called it that way. Hopefully they fail their game review today. Harry should be getting more than 2 snaps/game imho.

Add back the 2 TDs the refs stole and we win so...Moral Victory? Personally I don't like the term but it does give me a lot of confidence if we meet again in the playoffs. Caveat: it's disconcerting that our 2 best pass plays were from trickery. I mean, that was about as bad as we can play offensively and except for the refs...

There's also the little matter of not taking advantage of opportunities & leaving a minimum of 13 points on the field:
+4. After the ruling wiped out the Harry TD, the Pats had it first-and-goal from the 3-yard line. After two negative plays, they settled for a chip-shot field goal.
+3. The Pats picked off Patrick Mahomes to end KC’s opening drive and set themselves up at the Chiefs 40-yard line-->then promptly went three-and-out. Ouch.
+3. Nick Folk’s 41-yard blocked field goal.
+3. In the final two minutes after Brady’s 17-yard romp on 4th & 6, the offense sputtered behind an OLine too weak to hold up and ineffective schemes. The 4th down throw to Edelman, the one batted down by Breeland, can't possibly be THE play Josh loves for that situation.

So the Patriots had plenty of scoring opps, which is why despite the blown calls, this one could have and should have been won.

Ironic that Frank Clark can't wait for a rematch!

The way I see it, the 1st half was on the Patriots offense, the 2nd half was on the officiating.

Sanu has been invisible. Did he even have a catch yesterday?

There's no excuse for how the Pats executed in the 1st half. The OL is beyond inept and I can't believe it's just the revolving door at center. Cannon has not been good this season. While Wynn is a big upgrade over Newhouse, he's still essentially a rookie. And the guard play is nothing to get excited about.

Until, or unless, the OL improves, this offense can't function. And they're not good enough to overcome incompetent officiating.

The defense did their job. Hill was a non-factor. They generated the turnovers. They held KC to 3 points in the 2nd half. They should be able to pitch near shutouts for the last 3 games.

The way I see it, the 1st half was on the Patriots offense, the 2nd half was on the officiating.

Sanu has been invisible. Did he even have a catch yesterday?

He had one catch I believe. He's either really hampered by that high ankle sprain, or they're growing pains for expanding the playbook. That or the poor O-line play is just so bad that he doesn't get a chance to run a decent route. Or, all of the above.

It seemed like the only one who could actually read blitz and break out his route was Edelman. Dorsett looked lost, Sanu did too. Myers is still way too green to count on him, at least consistently. Harry minus the robbed touchdown is a mystery.

I think at this point they might have to run two backs and have Burkhead and White as pass catchers, because the receivers sans Edelman and Myers here and there, just aren't cutting it.

Luckily we get a cakewalk against Cinci, so they should be able to scheme some plays to get the offense going. If the offense struggles against the hapless Bengals then it's time to really be concerned.

He had one catch I believe. He's either really hampered by that high ankle sprain, or they're growing pains for expanding the playbook. That or the poor O-line play is just so bad that he doesn't get a chance to run a decent route. Or, all of the above.

It seemed like the only one who could actually read blitz and break out his route was Edelman. Dorsett looked lost, Sanu did too. Myers is still way too green to count on him, at least consistently. Harry minus the robbed touchdown is a mystery.

I think at this point they might have to run two backs and have Burkhead and White as pass catchers, because the receivers sans Edelman and Myers here and there, just aren't cutting it.

Luckily we get a cakewalk against Cinci, so they should be able to scheme some plays to get the offense going. If the offense struggles against the hapless Bengals then it's time to really be concerned.

Why aren’t we seeing this?

The D would have to go run heavy to respect the rush. Edelman already gets seperation so you could put another player that has difficulty getting seperation in motion.

Well, the ref was getting paid cash money...so... :coffee:

I normally hate fans bitching about the refs but you guys got jobbed. The Kelce play, I can kind of understand, depending on where the ref who called him down was standing. The non PI call and the out of bounds call that should’ve been a TD were just awful tho.

I normally hate fans bitching about the refs but you guys got jobbed. The Kelce play, I can kind of understand, depending on where the ref who called him down was standing. The non PI call and the out of bounds call that should’ve been a TD were just awful tho.

Except, with turnovers and TD's automatically reviewed, refs are generally going to side with the turnover and TD and let the review booth clear things up.

Except, with turnovers and TD's automatically reviewed, refs are generally going to side with the turnover and TD and let the review booth clear things up.

As an official, I just can't understand how you don't let that play out. It will be automatically reviewed and you'll be bailed out on the call, regardless.

Back