WEEK 16 • MONDAY - Buffalo Bills at New England Patriots

Game summary by PFF. No pressure on Allen was the story of the game for me.

Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs quite simply lit Bill Belichick’s defense on fire in this contest. Allen completed 27-of-36 passes for 320 yards and four touchdowns, and Diggs accounted for 145 yards and three of Allen’s four scores en route to a 38-9 win over the New England Patriots in Foxborough.

Editor's note: All of PFF's grades and advanced stats from this game will be finalized and made available to ELITE subscribers within 24 hours of the final whistle.

STORY OF THE GAME​

Pressured just six times in the game, Allen faced little pushback from the Patriots’ defense before being replaced by Matt Barkley in the fourth quarter. He should finish PFF’s reviews with an 85.0-plus PFF passing grade, at least one big-time throw and zero turnover-worthy plays.

No Patriots defensive back could stick with Diggs, but it was third-year Maryland product J.C. Jackson who got the worst of the Bills’ star wideout. He allowed two touchdowns and more than 80 yards in coverage on the night.

Nothing went right for New England offensively, either. Cam Newton started the game but was sent to the bench in the second half after completing just 5-of-10 passes for 34 yards and taking two sacks. And while Newton and starting running back Sony Michel averaged more than six yards per carry, the lack of a passing attack kept the team from keeping things close with Allen and company.

ROOKIE WATCH​

Patriots rookie offensive tackle Michael Onwenu was perhaps the team’s lone bright spot. The former Michigan standout entered Week 16 as the NFL’s highest-graded rookie offensive lineman and added to his season-long dominance with another 70.0-plus PFF grade against Buffalo.

Bills rookie running back Zack Moss averaged 4.8 yards per carry and scored a touchdown in the contest, but he forced just one missed tackle on PFF’s first review of the game. Fellow rookie Gabriel Davis had an underwhelming performance with just three receptions for 33 yards.

I don't underestimate the Daboll factor either. They didn't really try to get Beasley involved.
defense was on roller skates all night.

I don't underestimate the Daboll factor either. They didn't really try to get Beasley involved.
defense was on roller skates all night.

Piss poor tackling after the 1st quarter by the entire team but especially by the DBs except for a few plays.

Yeah, the only thing that has been more inconsistent than the offense has been the tackling.

So shoot, a losing season.
Me? I can hardly remember one.

I looked for the poking smiley for a few minutes and couldn't find it.
So I settled for this one...
:cheerful:

I am going to say again, Cam has no pocket awareness. This is a fatal flaw. I am completely surprised he lasted the year. If he is going to be here next year, find out if it is legal to have a rear view mirror on a helmet.

I can't honestly remember a loss for this team that I accepted as well as this one. I didn't feel much frustration due to a low expectations. I just hope they let Stidham start the last game. Gives me a reason to watch.:shrug-n2:

I can't honestly remember a loss for this team that I accepted as well as this one. I didn't feel much frustration due to a low expectations. I just hope they let Stidham start the last game. Gives me a reason to watch.:shrug-n2:
It was tough to watch for me. They quit on national TV to the Bills. Riddick tore into us up and down from the third quarter on.

Back