WEEK 17 • Sunday - Jete at New England Patriots

Here is the last game day thread. As bad as this season has been, it is always good to go out with a victory against the Jete. Although I am not as confident in this game now that the Jete are actually trying to win.

I'm both relieved and sad that the Pats season is done. I'm sure that this will be a very busy and exciting offseason for this franchise and, this time, I'm glad Bill & Co. can get started immediately. There will be much to discuss and I put the O/U on serious QB candidates at 15. Not kidding. I have faith that we can get it done and be more competitive next year.

The thing that stands out to me about the 2020 Pats is that they really were a surprisingly disciplined team given the lack of TC and all the restrictions and new faces. In addition, I don't feel like there was any quit in them, even in a few games where we were getting our asses kicked. Guys kept tackling hard and hustling. I didn't see anybody fighting with their teammates or sulking. This happens to a lot of teams in similar circumstances.

I liked these guys. A lot of them didn't belong in the NFL, but others stepped up and showed they might stick around. The running game was way better than we had a right to expect given the lack of any sort of consistent passing game and the Oline performed very well when the top 5 guys were all on the field.

Best wishes to Cam wherever he winds up. His leadership skills were impressive and he tried hard. He's a way better person than I thought. Maybe things would have been better if this were a normal season, but I choose to view it that maybe having a crappy year might help us more down the road than if we had a better record.

Still my team no matter what. Better days are coming.

It would never matter who replaced Brady unless we won a SB. Now BB can go get a franchise qb (hopefully) that will compete with the memory of Cam and not compete directly with TFB even knowing every qb for the remainder of this franchise will be compared to him. There will be a buffer though.

I'm both relieved and sad that the Pats season is done. I'm sure that this will be a very busy and exciting offseason for this franchise and, this time, I'm glad Bill & Co. can get started immediately. There will be much to discuss and I put the O/U on serious QB candidates at 15. Not kidding. I have faith that we can get it done and be more competitive next year.

The thing that stands out to me about the 2020 Pats is that they really were a surprisingly disciplined team given the lack of TC and all the restrictions and new faces. In addition, I don't feel like there was any quit in them, even in a few games where we were getting our asses kicked. Guys kept tackling hard and hustling. I didn't see anybody fighting with their teammates or sulking. This happens to a lot of teams in similar circumstances.

I liked these guys. A lot of them didn't belong in the NFL, but others stepped up and showed they might stick around. The running game was way better than we had a right to expect given the lack of any sort of consistent passing game and the Oline performed very well when the top 5 guys were all on the field.

Best wishes to Cam wherever he winds up. His leadership skills were impressive and he tried hard. He's a way better person than I thought. Maybe things would have been better if this were a normal season, but I choose to view it that maybe having a crappy year might help us more down the road than if we had a better record.

Still my team no matter what. Better days are coming.
What Hawg said.

Very happy to go out on a win, especially over the Jete, now that the season is in the books we can turn our attention to the offseason, here's hoping the Pats do well in the draft and FA and so forth. The taste of the last game tends to linger all offseason though, so the value of having the vets who are sticking around not chewing on a loss or terrible performance I don't think should be understated. A solid game, we just need this to be more representative of the typical level of play next season.

That was a nice award the reporters gave to Cam. In light of his good humour, answering questions etc,

redokzrarrey2p0iuomj.jpg

Well deserved imo

I thought 10-6 was our ceiling if Cam wasn't broken.

If you showed me what Newton's stats would be this year I would've guessed 4-12

I Don’t blame Cam for everything. He struggled throwing on move & medium routes . The blame goes to a person who completely ignored . A big weakness in 2nd half of last year .

Back