Week 18 Dolphins Gamete thread

Foxx

Bills Fan
Reaction score
Website
www.billsfans.com
Why not? He took Matt Patricia back and his Lions kicked us in the teeth once. Josh McDaniel was the same thing and there are examples
throughout his career of former coaches coming back if things didn't work out for them. He has never begrudged an assistant or a Coordinator
getting an HC position and you're suggesting he's bitter that Flores accepted the Miami job? Or that he took an undisciplined, hapless bunch of stiffs and turned
them into a tough out in a couple of seasons?

He'd take him back in a New York minute.
Wasn't it well known that Belichick was mad at Mangini for taking a job within the division with the Jets? That was what I was mainly referring to.

HSanders

I back Mac
Reaction score
Wasn't it well known that Belichick was mad at Mangini for taking a job within the division with the Jets? That was what I was mainly referring to.
bb was pissed but that wasn't the reason. mangini poached assistants while the season was still on iirc. one was daboll i believe.

SkiptoMyLou

Mac Attack!
Reaction score

Mangini was a rat. That had very little to do with being a coach within the division. There was way more to it.

In fact, several former proteges end up coming back to coach under BB -- Matt Patricia being the latest example.

Foxx

Bills Fan
Reaction score
Website
www.billsfans.com
Why not? He took Matt Patricia back and his Lions kicked us in the teeth once. Josh McDaniel was the same thing and there are examples
throughout his career of former coaches coming back if things didn't work out for them. He has never begrudged an assistant or a Coordinator
getting an HC position and you're suggesting he's bitter that Flores accepted the Miami job? Or that he took an undisciplined, hapless bunch of stiffs and turned
them into a tough out in a couple of seasons?

He'd take him back in a New York minute.
Well, I guess he will be taking Joe back then 🤣

View: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1481030287073193994

abc.png

Hawg73

Mediocre with flashes of brilliance
Reaction score

I expect Bill will make him an offer because our STs were typically outstanding when Judge was here. Again, it depends on whether Judge is willing to go back to his previous
level.

I think it's easy to guess what Bill thinks, with the usual assumption that he's mean and petty, because that's what the media would have us believe since he doesn't play their
game, but he's got really strong beliefs in the right way to do shit and what Mangini did with "spygate" was crossing a line. After that, at least, he was dead to Bill and you might
notice that his career has gone nowhere ever since he dropped that dime.

He's the only Coordinator that left here that didn't get a sniff someplace else, far as I can recall. Bill O'Brien, Josh McD and a bunch of others have or could have easily obtained
positions and it's the same thing with executives. People like the Patriot pedigree even if most of them didn't have a lot of success outside of Foxboro.

Mangini is a special breed of rat and everybody knows it, even if "spygate" was an absurd crock of shit that provided zero benefit but is still used as a convenient explanation for
why we won so much. Nobody wants him in their building. The fact that the Jets building was also in the AFC East didn't bother Bill-- it was the other shit that caused him to
turn his back.

Foxx

Bills Fan
Reaction score
Website
www.billsfans.com
I expect Bill will make him an offer because our STs were typically outstanding when Judge was here. Again, it depends on whether Judge is willing to go back to his previous
level.

I think it's easy to guess what Bill thinks, with the usual assumption that he's mean and petty, because that's what the media would have us believe since he doesn't play their
game, but he's got really strong beliefs in the right way to do shit and what Mangini did with "spygate" was crossing a line. After that, at least, he was dead to Bill and you might
notice that his career has gone nowhere ever since he dropped that dime.

He's the only Coordinator that left here that didn't get a sniff someplace else, far as I can recall. Bill O'Brien, Josh McD and a bunch of others have or could have easily obtained
positions and it's the same thing with executives. People like the Patriot pedigree even if most of them didn't have a lot of success outside of Foxboro.

Mangini is a special breed of rat and everybody knows it, even if "spygate" was an absurd crock of shit that provided zero benefit but is still used as a convenient explanation for
why we won so much. Nobody wants him in their building. The fact that the Jets building was also in the AFC East didn't bother Bill-- it was the other shit that caused him to
turn his back.
Speaking of Billy O'Brien, Shahid Khan has to be the most clueless owner in the NFL right now and that is saying a lot. Bringing in O'Brien for a formal interview after what he did to the Texans has to be the epitome of stupidity.

SkiptoMyLou

Mac Attack!
Reaction score
Speaking of Billy O'Brien, Shahid Khan has to be the most clueless owner in the NFL right now and that is saying a lot. Bringing in O'Brien for a formal interview after what he did to the Texans has to be the epitome of stupidity.

He had consecutive years with winning records and one losing season in his stretch. If he has no roster control he's a competent coach with experience, which is an upgrade from whatever Urban brought to the table.

Foxx

Bills Fan
Reaction score
Website
www.billsfans.com
He had consecutive years with winning records and one losing season in his stretch. If he has no roster control he's a competent coach with experience, which is an upgrade from whatever Urban brought to the table.
He actually had three winning seasons before bottoming out in '17. Rick Smith left him with a huge present in the form of Deshaun Watson.

I just don't think with what he did to the Texans that he should ever be considered for a leading position again.

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score

Hang a banner!

14051009.jpg

TommyD420

Meet the New Boss. Same as the Old Boss.
Reaction score
Couple what he did with the Texans after Kubiak had his breakdown or whatever, with what he did with Penn State after Paterno/Sandusky, and I think he's a good choice for that franchise.

He's also the best coach the Texans have ever had by any metric.

You have a young QB, who would learn under a guy who made the Jets believe Christian Hackenburg was a first round pick, turned Matt Cassel into an 11-game winner and eventual pro bowler after taking zero snaps in college, and made Deshaun Watson a top-10 QB.

He's not the guy you win a title with. But he's the guy who steadies the ship until you can get that guy. It would be a prudent choice by Shad Khan, which is why I think he'll hire Adam Gase or something.

Hawg73

Mediocre with flashes of brilliance
Reaction score

Maybe you're right. I'll say one thing about BoB-- he's the polar opposite of Urban Meyer. One thing Shad absolutely knows is that he doesn't want is another slick, lying fuck like Urb and
Billy isn't the most gifted, strategic intellect out there, but he'll look you in the eye and tell you what he thinks. I can't speak to his character, but he has a solid reputation.

I'll never forget the time he and Brady got into a beef on the sideline. Billy was fighting people to get at him and Brady looked very nervous. If often wonder what would've happened if people hadn't jumped in between them fast. O'Brien looked absolutely unhinged.

I'd love to know what was behind all that.