Week 18 Dolphins Gamete thread

ParanoidPatriot

Big member
Reaction score
This is it, the last regular season game of the 2021 season.
We blew the first game with the Fins by fumbling on what was the go ahead drive. That hurt us for playoff seeding.
Even if the Patriots have nothing to gain by the time the game starts, they should go all out for win #11.
Brian will have his team ready to play, even though they are out of playoff contention.
Jump out to a big lead by the beginning of the 4th, then we can take the starters out.

The reason the Patriots and the Bills are playing at the same time is because if the Bills lose and the Patriots win, NE wins the division. Let's say NE plays at 1:00, the starters go all the way and they lose a hard-fought game. Now, Buffalo at 4:25 can rest anyone they want and lose nothing if the Jets beat them

The reason the Patriots and the Bills are playing at the same time is because if the Bills lose and the Patriots win, NE wins the division. Let's say NE plays at 1:00, the starters go all the way and they lose a hard-fought game. Now, Buffalo at 4:25 can rest anyone they want and lose nothing if the Jets beat them

Correct. The NFL has been doing this for several seasons now. The entire schedule for the final week is flexed. The NFL does what it can to ensure that games that have interlocking dependencies on playoffs are played at the same time. It's not perfect, but ideal for this type of situation.

thanks! this is one of the handful of things the nfl does right.

i'm deathly afraid if this one. can pats improve their seeding if they win? think it being moved to later makes it so other teams can't use this game to make "business decisions".
The Pats can be any seed but the 4th. Obviously, a few other teams have to lose.

What's funny is there is a possibility (even though it's very remote) that the Pats can get the #1 seed but Buffalo can only go as high as the #2 seed.

• Patriots beat Dolphins
  • Texans beat the Titans
  • Broncos beat Chiefs
  • Jets beat Bills

What's funny is there is a possibility (even though it's very remote) that the Pats can get the #1 seed but Buffalo can only go as high as the #2 seed.

• Patriots beat Dolphins
  • Texans beat the Titans
  • Broncos beat Chiefs
  • Jets beat Bills
If the Pats win and the Bills lose, not unrealistic, we would have the #3 seed, correct?

• Patriots beat Dolphins
  • Texans beat the Titans
  • Broncos beat Chiefs
  • Jets beat Bills

The least likely of these scenarios would be Jets actually beating the Bills I would say. I still think it's doable. Texans already beat the Titans in Nashville. Chiefs are starting to come back down to earth after their winning streak, and Broncos aren't a terrible team sans their QB. Dolphins have nothing to play for after getting dismantled by the Titans. It's possible...

The least likely of these scenarios would be Jets actually beating the Bills I would say. I still think it's doable. Texans already beat the Titans in Nashville. Chiefs are starting to come back down to earth after their winning streak, and Broncos aren't a terrible team sans their QB. Dolphins have nothing to play for after getting dismantled by the Titans. It's possible...
There is no way that Flores is not going to go all out to beat Bill especially with the game being in Miami where the Pats always struggle. The dolphins would like nothing more than to play the role of spoiler even though realistically Pats are probably locked into the fifth seed anyways.

The Jest winning probably won't affect them drafting #3. They balled against the champs. I could see them going all out against a division opponent and getting the W. Obviously a moot point if the Dolphins push our shit in.

There is no way that Flores is not going to go all out to beat Bill especially with the game being in Miami where the Pats always struggle. The dolphins would like nothing more than to play the role of spoiler even though realistically Pats are probably locked into the fifth seed anyways.

Flores can be willing to go all out, but the team just suffered a humiliating loss that elimitated them from playoff contention. I wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins come out flat.

Flores can be willing to go all out, but the team just suffered a humiliating loss that elimitated them from playoff contention. I wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins come out flat.
It's possible I suppose but highly unlikely. That team is always up to play the Pats and they would like nothing more than to sweep Bill this year.

FIRNstzXsAIXOOj

The Jest winning probably won't affect them drafting #3. They balled against the champs. I could see them going all out against a division opponent and getting the W. Obviously a moot point if the Dolphins push our shit in.
What is funny is that the same people who say that Miami would love to play spoiler against a division opponent feel differently about the Jests.

Back