Week 18 Dolphins Gamete thread

I expect Bill will make him an offer because our STs were typically outstanding when Judge was here. Again, it depends on whether Judge is willing to go back to his previous
level.

I think it's easy to guess what Bill thinks, with the usual assumption that he's mean and petty, because that's what the media would have us believe since he doesn't play their
game, but he's got really strong beliefs in the right way to do shit and what Mangini did with "spygate" was crossing a line. After that, at least, he was dead to Bill and you might
notice that his career has gone nowhere ever since he dropped that dime.

He's the only Coordinator that left here that didn't get a sniff someplace else, far as I can recall. Bill O'Brien, Josh McD and a bunch of others have or could have easily obtained
positions and it's the same thing with executives. People like the Patriot pedigree even if most of them didn't have a lot of success outside of Foxboro.

Mangini is a special breed of rat and everybody knows it, even if "spygate" was an absurd crock of shit that provided zero benefit but is still used as a convenient explanation for
why we won so much. Nobody wants him in their building. The fact that the Jets building was also in the AFC East didn't bother Bill-- it was the other shit that caused him to
turn his back.

I expect Bill will make him an offer because our STs were typically outstanding when Judge was here. Again, it depends on whether Judge is willing to go back to his previous
level.

I think it's easy to guess what Bill thinks, with the usual assumption that he's mean and petty, because that's what the media would have us believe since he doesn't play their
game, but he's got really strong beliefs in the right way to do shit and what Mangini did with "spygate" was crossing a line. After that, at least, he was dead to Bill and you might
notice that his career has gone nowhere ever since he dropped that dime.

He's the only Coordinator that left here that didn't get a sniff someplace else, far as I can recall. Bill O'Brien, Josh McD and a bunch of others have or could have easily obtained
positions and it's the same thing with executives. People like the Patriot pedigree even if most of them didn't have a lot of success outside of Foxboro.

Mangini is a special breed of rat and everybody knows it, even if "spygate" was an absurd crock of shit that provided zero benefit but is still used as a convenient explanation for
why we won so much. Nobody wants him in their building. The fact that the Jets building was also in the AFC East didn't bother Bill-- it was the other shit that caused him to
turn his back.
Speaking of Billy O'Brien, Shahid Khan has to be the most clueless owner in the NFL right now and that is saying a lot. Bringing in O'Brien for a formal interview after what he did to the Texans has to be the epitome of stupidity.

Speaking of Billy O'Brien, Shahid Khan has to be the most clueless owner in the NFL right now and that is saying a lot. Bringing in O'Brien for a formal interview after what he did to the Texans has to be the epitome of stupidity.

He had consecutive years with winning records and one losing season in his stretch. If he has no roster control he's a competent coach with experience, which is an upgrade from whatever Urban brought to the table.

He had consecutive years with winning records and one losing season in his stretch. If he has no roster control he's a competent coach with experience, which is an upgrade from whatever Urban brought to the table.
He actually had three winning seasons before bottoming out in '17. Rick Smith left him with a huge present in the form of Deshaun Watson.

I just don't think with what he did to the Texans that he should ever be considered for a leading position again.

Hang a banner!

14051009.jpg

Couple what he did with the Texans after Kubiak had his breakdown or whatever, with what he did with Penn State after Paterno/Sandusky, and I think he's a good choice for that franchise.

He's also the best coach the Texans have ever had by any metric.

You have a young QB, who would learn under a guy who made the Jets believe Christian Hackenburg was a first round pick, turned Matt Cassel into an 11-game winner and eventual pro bowler after taking zero snaps in college, and made Deshaun Watson a top-10 QB.

He's not the guy you win a title with. But he's the guy who steadies the ship until you can get that guy. It would be a prudent choice by Shad Khan, which is why I think he'll hire Adam Gase or something.

Maybe you're right. I'll say one thing about BoB-- he's the polar opposite of Urban Meyer. One thing Shad absolutely knows is that he doesn't want is another slick, lying fuck like Urb and
Billy isn't the most gifted, strategic intellect out there, but he'll look you in the eye and tell you what he thinks. I can't speak to his character, but he has a solid reputation.

I'll never forget the time he and Brady got into a beef on the sideline. Billy was fighting people to get at him and Brady looked very nervous. If often wonder what would've happened if people hadn't jumped in between them fast. O'Brien looked absolutely unhinged.

I'd love to know what was behind all that.

Maybe you're right. I'll say one thing about BoB-- he's the polar opposite of Urban Meyer. One thing Shad absolutely knows is that he doesn't want is another slick, lying fuck like Urb and
Billy isn't the most gifted, strategic intellect out there, but he'll look you in the eye and tell you what he thinks. I can't speak to his character, but he has a solid reputation.

I'll never forget the time he and Brady got into a beef on the sideline. Billy was fighting people to get at him and Brady looked very nervous. If often wonder what would've happened if people hadn't jumped in between them fast. O'Brien looked absolutely unhinged.

I'd love to know what was behind all that.
I was very defensive of Brady when that happened, but now I’m wondering if Brady deserved it. Well deserved an ass chewing at the very minimum. It’s amazing how someone’s perspective on other people that you think they are a certain way personality wise when you may ended up totally wrong in your perception.

Last edited:
I was very defensive of Brady when that happened, but now I’m wondering if Brady deserved it. Well deserved an ass chewing at the very minimum. It’s amazing how someone’s perspective on other people that you think they are a certain way personality wise when you may ended up totally wrong in your perception.

This is a very interesting post, Pig.

The reason I've been overcritical (arguably) over Brady for a long time now was that he never seemed to get the blame for anything that happened. People could
instantly come up with somebody else to blame and that really drove me nuts. Brady is the GOAT, no question, but he's still a human being and made hundreds of bad plays, bad decisions
and choke jobs to go along with all the great stuff that made him the GOAT.

Having said all that, I hope he gets his ass kicked in the playoffs. ;)

thanks for reminding me of this Hawg...

looks like Brady blamed his receiver for the int. "you gotta go get it" i think BoB then went on to remind Brady that his shit stinks too and it escalated...

tiquan underwood looks like he wants to die - side note was any player done so dirty ever - cut the night before the super bowl?

found this quote by brady

"He kind of let me have it. I deserved it," Brady told WEEI's Kirk and Callahan show. "It was kind of a dumb throw. I deserved it. I kind of chirped back, and he didn't like it. I was kind of fiery at the time, too."

you gotta think this was not a one time thing BoB is not exploding like this over one thing that looked like something that had been building.

View: https://youtu.be/Uu9TKEKia9s

Thanks. I'd really forgotten all that stuff, but I do remember it said that Brady and BoB had a professional relationship only and had tons of friction between them and maybe
someday we'll get juicy details, but.......Tiquan......man, we've had some questionable talent out there over the years. I hope that by next season we can go 4 or 5 deep with
useful talent. I've been thinking lately that maybe we're depending on Jakobi more than we should. That, maybe, we should go in a different direction, but that's a discussion
for another time.

Back