Week 2, 2022 - Pats @ Pittsburgh

@AnOldTroll - it was a good game. Steelers didn't get the breaks in this game like they got in the last one. Patriots got some breaks in this once vs almost none in the last one. I strongly suspect both teams will be better in December than they are right now.

Good luck the rest of the way.
:toast:

He generally is, but for some reason he has a hair across his ass about this loss keeps yapping. All he has to do is shut up. 7 or8 of us see the game as a good Pats win, especially the promise in the last 6 minutes, and he answers each and every post we make. He is a good guy, but he's still a fan of a rival team and has to expect Pats fans to respond to things like you didn't win, we beat ourselves, steelers ran better than you guys, you only won by 3 points, an especially silly retort after the steelers first game.

All that is fine on his team's board - we noted all the bad luck we had against the Fins here, but if I went to the DOlphins board last week and kept at them over and over ... well, I'd expect them to reply to me and not nearly as politely as we've been posting.
It's the 2nd verse of the Steelersfan National Anthem. After "I got a feeling...Pittsburgh's goin to the Super Bowl" it's "We were cheated! The Refs were out to get us! You're not any good, we only beat ourselves! We have more high-end talent! The process is the process!"

Anyway beat the ratbirds.

And Tommy I know you don't respect my team because they always make you eat crow.

Last edited:
Someone above was implying a blow out was possible from your team. Nah, is all I said.
Yes you won, regardless. And I have said a few times , nice win, good win, etc etc etc.
You've always been a great poster here.
Only 2 games in. Lots of football to go. (y)

Not necessarily. I recall in the early 2000's SF fans chuckling at us, saying there'll never be another QB like Montana. GOAT really "The Greatest Up to Now." A good way to be proven wrong in time is to say, "Well, that record will never be broken."

I have a hard time picturing anyone ever being better that either Brady or Belichick because of the synergy in that coach/player combo, but OF ALL TIME? I keep hearing the last verse of Meat Loaf waiting for the end of time.
I do remember that. Montana getting to four Super Bowls and winning all four without throwing an interception was considered to be an insurmountable feat for any quarterback to meet. Then Bill and Brady came along and reduced all of those greats of the past to a footnote. You are correct there is a possibility of course that their records could be broken but I really don’t see that happening unless free agency and the cap go away. There’s just too many variables to sustain that level of success for that long with the team changing every few years.

That was a solid win against a decent Steelers team. I didn’t see much from the Pars offense though that’s changed my opinion on the course of the season. TJ Watt was a huge loss for that Steelers Def, and Mitch along with their Oline are a huge liabilities for their offense.
Admittedly I wasn’t sure NE could score more than one touchdown, so I was wrong there. Barely.
I’ve always enjoyed watching these grind it out wins. I just don’t think they will come when the Pats face a competent offense.

Admittedly I wasn’t sure NE could score more than one touchdown, so I was wrong there. Barely.
`???? If you seriously think at the end of the game if the Pats are down 4 the Pats would have used the last 2 minutes of the game having Jones take a knee, something is seriously wrong with you.

If you just want to trash the Pats for letting Brady leave, fine, but if you are simply football ignorant, buy this by Howie Long:

View: https://www.amazon.com/Football-Dummies-Howie-Long/dp/1119553008

I’ve always enjoyed watching these grind it out wins. I just don’t think they will come when the Pats face a competent offense.
depends on how good the d and running game are. remember the wins they had vs indy back in the day when indy was omgwtfbbq!!!1!1!"thegreatestoffenseEVAH!!!"?

That was a solid win against a decent Steelers team. I didn’t see much from the Pars offense though that’s changed my opinion on the course of the season. TJ Watt was a huge loss for that Steelers Def, and Mitch along with their Oline are a huge liabilities for their offense.
You mean a "competent offense" such as Miami's which racked up 42 points on the road Sunday in Baltimore? The same offense which decimated the Pats defense in Miami the week before by scoring 13 points? That kind of offense?

Back