Week 3 other games.

The Bills also had 10 starters out of the game at one point because of heat exhaustion and injuries, and still had a chance at the end. Nothing in the geek stats about that of course ;) Multiple OLineman, McKenzie, Diggs and a shit ton on the defensive side that were out completely. "Injuries are not an excuse" sounds good in speeches but in reality it's a great excuse if it's key players and/or if there's just so many like what the Bills are dealing with right now. That said I do think Miami is good and are looking like a playoff team so far, I just don't think the gap between them and the Bills is as close as it looked yesterday.
Valid points but don't you also think Miami has a ton of confidence in themselves and especially their coaching staff.

Thirteen pages on the Bills "Stadium Wall" of bitching about how the Dolphins are cheaters because of the heat. Even accused the Dolphins of cheating more than Belichick if you can believe it.

PAGES, not posts.:p

Thirteen pages on the Bills "Stadium Wall" of bitching about how the Dolphins are cheaters because of the heat. Even accused the Dolphins of cheating more than Belichick if you can believe it.

I usually try to stay away from there but stopped by a little while ago to see what they were saying, they had a thread on Macs injury and were actually quite civil and respectful of his injury, save for a couple of knuckleheads, so I was a bit surprised to see it. Complaining about the heat, pretty sure both teams had to play in it.

Just listened to Cowherd, and he actually made some interesting points on Buffalo. He was very hard on them, really going after McDermott for still not developing a run game and like all Defensive background HC's, he asks his big physical QB to do waaaay too much, and they end up taking a pounding, and their careers can end early or be littered with injury. He said McDermott is basically Ron Rivera at Carolina with Cam or Tomlin with Big Ben. They don't protect their QBs, they expect to run way too often, and the QB and team end up suffering long-term.

Interesting take.

I was watching the game the other day and the Achilles heel I saw in Buffalo was the inability to pick up a 3rd or fourth and short with the run game and an inability to close out a game with the run. It's almost like the forgot they play outdoors in winter hell.

I find it funny that they are so adamant about the Dolphins cheating, especially because the Pats were criticized for going to South Beach early.

Another thing I vividly remember was the Pats used these make-shift tents to cover their players on the bench from the sun. I really doubt that the Dolphins provided them with that. Once again -- preparation.

Instead of preparing ahead or finding a solution, they rather bitch and moan about it.

I don't see how they can complain. I mean, Will Smith, The Fresh Prince himself, warned them that "Miami's bringin' heat, for real." He even said it was for real! What more can they ask for?

That site is not the one I hang out on, because of the whining that goes on there

Valid points but don't you also think Miami has a ton of confidence in themselves and especially their coaching staff.
Like the confidence the Pats had after beating them last year in Buffalo? That worked out well :) I'm half joking, yes of course it does. A huge comeback win on the road against the Ravens and then the Bills at home, big big confidence boosters for sure. It's a long season though and we're only in September. How many teams have we seen come out of the gate like this only to fizzle out as early as November, or vice versa? And Tua has traditionally sucked in bad/cold weather too, but he didn't have Hill and Waddle in those games either so we'll see.

That site is not the one I hang out on, because of the whining that goes on there
HK - did Bills go down early or did they just show up the day before?
too lazy to dig around to find out. that heat is a bitch.

What are they saying about clock management or not going for the FG?
McD's clock management failures is one of the biggest complaints on probably every Bills forum. The guy is just terrible and in 5 years has not improved at all. It amazes me they don't hire a guy who has clock management skills to advise him on how to make the clock work for him.

HK - did Bills go down early or did they just show up the day before?
too lazy to dig around to find out. that heat is a bitch.
I'm not sure. I don't think they went early, though, which is dumb. I work outside the heat. A few days to acclimate with a LOT of water makes it more than tolerable. Lots of mistakes all around on that game, but in the end, with all the injuries, all the logistic and coaching blunders, they still came within seconds of winning.

I'm not sure. I don't think they went early, though, which is dumb. I work outside the heat. A few days to acclimate with a LOT of water makes it more than tolerable. Lots of mistakes all around on that game, but in the end, with all the injuries, all the logistic and coaching blunders, they still came within seconds of winning.
mia ain't winning in buff.

Back