Week 3 Ravens vs Patriots

SkiptoMyLou

Thank you, coach!
Reaction score
Harbaugh brings his team with a suspect defense and a dangerous, but predictable offense. In order for Pats to have the best chance the offense needs to take full advantage of the suspect defense. Defensively it will have to be of containing Lamar and pushing him to be a pocket passer. We all know he is elite running the ball and being able to have the threat to run, but he is about average as a pure passer.

View: https://twitter.com/tkyles39/status/1573425097616289792

From what I have seen (in highlights only) Jackson is much improved as a passer this season. Maybe the motivation of a contract year. I think we need a pretty clean game in all 3 phases to win this one. We are still gelling as an offense, so no mistakes will be key.

Have to control the tempo of this game. Long time consuming possessions. No turnovers. This is the kind of game that can be managed to an outcome, possibly.

That said, even if the Pats do everything right they could still lose.

But if they can follow the game plan and force a win using the strategy they come into the game with its could prove to be a water shed moment for this team/this season.

I hope.

Does anybody think we're going to beat Baltimore in the home opener. I mean.....I do, but nationally and according to local media, we're a bunch of slappies, Bill fucked up the Mac by giving him Defensive coaches, our scheme is outdated, we lack dynamic athletes, have been passed on the fly by Division rivals and we're facing Lamar Jackson one week removed from the most productive statistical performance by a QB in the history of football.

So....not a lot to feel good about, right?

I wouldn't worry about it. Lamar is playing his best QB, I concede that point, but I think the Ravens have some overall issues that we haven't seen in a while and we can and will beat them Sunday.

I'm still working out the particulars and will share some prior to kickoff.

Lamar's passing is crazy streaky. I mean, not quite Rex Grossman streaky, but while his aggregate stats are mediocre or worse, sometimes he gets rolling and feels his mojo and just...

In his first 3 years (+2 games) as a FT starter he had 9 games with a passer rating over 130. Aaron Rodgers had 10, and didn't miss 6 games to injury.

This isn't the same Ravens' defense we're used to seeing.

The Ravens are 21st against the run and our running game is 10th best. We should be able to run well against them with our 4th ranked run blocking OL & 2 powerful RBs.
Their pass rush is very good, ranked 3rd, but with a score that would be 8th to 10th most years. Our pass blocking is also ranked 3rd but it's a legitimate 3rd.
The Ravens' tackling this year has been poor. 26th ranked.

The Ravens' passing O is better than ours so far this year. They are 4th ranked entering week 3. The Pats are 24th. With Meyers banged up this could be a good week to utilize HHenry more in the passing game.

The Patriots are 3 point underdogs and I think that's based mostly on our lackluster passing game so far. The odds makers don't think Mac can do what Tua did last week and that the Pats won't be able to keep LJackson in check. We'll see about that. BB's defense entering week 2 has shown a lot of discipline.

STs looks like the difference in this game to me with our punter causing long drives by the Ravens. As always, turnovers are key.

Flip a coin

This isn't the same Ravens' defense we're used to seeing.

The Ravens are 21st against the run and our running game is 10th best. We should be able to run well against them with our 4th ranked run blocking OL & 2 powerful RBs.
Their pass rush is very good, ranked 3rd, but with a score that would be 8th to 10th most years. Our pass blocking is also ranked 3rd but it's a legitimate 3rd.
The Ravens' tackling this year has been poor. 26th ranked.

The Ravens' passing O is better than ours so far this year. They are 4th ranked entering week 3. The Pats are 24th. With Meyers banged up this could be a good week to utilize HHenry more in the passing game.

The Patriots are 3 point underdogs and I think that's based mostly on our lackluster passing game so far. The odds makers don't think Mac can do what Tua did last week and that the Pats won't be able to keep LJackson in check. We'll see about that. BB's defense entering week 2 has shown a lot of discipline.

STs looks like the difference in this game to me with our punter causing long drives by the Ravens. As always, turnovers are key.

Flip a coin
Lil’Jordan

Does anybody think we're going to beat Baltimore in the home opener. I mean.....I do, but nationally and according to local media, we're a bunch of slappies, Bill fucked up the Mac by giving him Defensive coaches, our scheme is outdated, we lack dynamic athletes, have been passed on the fly by Division rivals and we're facing Lamar Jackson one week removed from the most productive statistical performance by a QB in the history of football.

So....not a lot to feel good about, right?

I wouldn't worry about it. Lamar is playing his best QB, I concede that point, but I think the Ravens have some overall issues that we haven't seen in a while and we can and will beat them Sunday.

I'm still working out the particulars and will share some prior to kickoff.
I think the Pats will run all over them. There is a real chance to clock control and shorten the game. I am nervous about how well Lamar is playing and another road game on top of going to GB next week but I do think this game gives us maybe the best barometer so far of where the team is but it's still really early. Still, I like the match up and believe this is a 50/50 game.

Jason Pierre-Paul signing with the Ravens in time for this game really stinks.

I can see the Pats shitting themselves in the home opener similar to Miami. More probable is a 3 point game either way.

Back