Week 3 Ravens vs Patriots

There were good and bad things today on both sides of the ball. It was an entertaining game.

Mac was no different, good and bad. The end zone pick should have been a throwaway, The earlier one was missing underneath coverage. It happens to younger QBs.

We lost because we couldn't figure out a way to slow down Lamar Jackson.

We'll see how it goes now, Hoyer for 14 games? Not sure he's gonna survive that. Zappe (ugh). If Mac is out we're kinda fucked. If he red shirts the rest of the year maybe there will be an offensive coordinator next year.

Sometimes a bad sprain, level 2 , can mean a few weeks out. Level 3 can mean more than that. Not being able to walk on it coming off the field means it's worse than a level 1.

oh, man. Tape it up and send him out there. It's not like he's a RB or a WR. After a week he can do it.
Otoh, I'd like to see an MRI on the ankle for tiny cracks the rads don't reveal.

Mike Giardi reported:

Per team sources, the concern/fear is that Mac Jones suffered tendon and/or ligament damage. X-rays wouldn't show that. More pictures to be taken. Stay tuned.

I feel like he's probably out for the year or, if we're lucky, a long time.

Next man up and it won't be Zappe.

Mike Giardi reported:

Per team sources, the concern/fear is that Mac Jones suffered tendon and/or ligament damage. X-rays wouldn't show that. More pictures to be taken. Stay tuned.

Soft tissue I’m assuming could be nothing serious, or could be awful .... hoping it’s in between.

~Dee~

Mike Giardi reported:

If it's for the year, I'm not too mad. The Pats will be in much better shape next year.

The most important thing is getting him fully recovered.

If it's for the year, I'm not too mad. The Pats will be in much better shape next year.

The most important thing is getting him fully recovered.

Yeah, I'm not panicking about it. This will be real adversity, and let's face it, even with Mac fully fit, we are not a championship calibre team yet. The AFCE is formidable this year, and we were going to struggle anyway to win it or even come second.

We are still in a re-building phase, it takes time.

Soft tissue I’m assuming could be nothing serious, or could be awful .... hoping it’s in between.

~Dee~
In between nothing serious and awful is what you're hoping for? I'm hoping for nothing serious, although that's not going to be the case.

In between nothing serious and awful is what you're hoping for? I'm hoping for nothing serious, although that's not going to be the case.

:blink: That was my point, I know it’s not going to be nothing serious..... I‘m hoping its not awful and it’s just a few weeks.... Why hope for something you admit isn’t going to happen.

~Dee~

Back