Week 4, 2020 - Patriots @Chiefs

Chiefs Defense is way better than Seattles, but then so are most teams. I dont know, its hard to predict things anymore. Pats could go in there and win. I mean hell the chargers almost won against KC. Actually the line I show right now is 8. Is that the largest dog we have been in awhile?

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

We had 340 and 348 yards passing in our last 2 wins vs KC. So not sure it was just running. Pats are 2-1 vs mahomes, our one loss we only had 169 yards passing...so...it seems passing is pretty important in those games.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

KC's defense is way way way better than Seattles, so I would not expect a shootout. To win the D is going to have to come up big against KC, because we are not scoring 40 points unless there are a ton of turnovers. The two games we beat mahomes we had 700 yards of passing, in the one we lost only 169.
We have a completely new system under Newton. We went against a. Injuried Seattle secondary . One of starting safeties ejected for a dirty hit .

What did the Chargers do well to stay close to the Chiefs?

I saw most of that game and my take is that it was two things.

The first is that the Chargers usually give the Chiefs a tough time much like Denver or Miami do to us. Throw the records out the window, sometimes that just happens.

Also, everybody expected that Tyrod Taylor would start at QB for LA and he got a bad injection from a Doctor prior to the game which injured his lung and they were forced to start their 1st round QB Justin Herbert at the last minute and he didn't have time to get nervous about it. Herbert played very well and KC hadn't prepared for him. He's a much better thrower than Taylor and appears to have a bright future.

We have a completely new system under Newton. We went against a. Injuried Seattle secondary . One of starting safeties ejected for a dirty hit .

Oh I know, Seattle is not stopping much this year, they were not good before they lost 4 starters, but I am just saying in the 2 games we beat seattle we had a lot of yards passing, in the one we lost, we didnt. I mean there are several ways to beat a team, its not an exact science, but I think its going to be tough to stay up with them unless our D can slow them down.

For your enjoyment

EjIIOpgU8AA_m40

The Chefs bbq/d the Ravens...but, should have lost to the Bolts.

I hope the Pats play out of their mind. That's all that I hope for.

WR are just not getting seperation in tight coverage. Someone need to step up besides Edelman. Get the TE's more involved in Passing game. We won 2 games because of the RB's. Chiefs have proven even if struggling & Down by double digits. They can come back with Quick scores

Another couple where one person is awesome (him)and you'd like to punch the other one in the face(her). Why are there so many couples like that??? Maybe it's a "me" problem. ROFL

It's not just you, I can't stand her. If she wasn't blonde I'd think she's a witch.

I personally don't find her very attractive at all.

I'm sure they're both losing plenty of sleep over this. ROFL

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

I think it will be huge if White is back this week. He could really help open up the running game with some short passes and keep the Chiefs D honest.

So, regardless of outcome, (but for a tie) they will have tied the record at the final whistle.

Well Shula/Landry had a winner so I'm pretty sure BB/Reid will still be one behind.

And how are Shula/Madden, Shula/Knoll, Madden/Knoll not even on this list?

Perfect attendance at practice including RB James White, RB Damien Harris, and WR Gunner Olszewski. Harris and Gunner are now off IR and practiced today.

Gunner beong back is a big positive as well. It's more weapons for Cam to use.

Last week, Ravens defensive coordinator Don Martindale tried testing Mahomes by using Belichick’s strategy in Mahomes’ first season as a starter that worked at times.
Martindale blitzed Mahomes by cycling through simulated pressures and fire zones, similar to the Pats’ zero pressures and bluffs.
However, Mahomes now shreds blitzes, and the Ravens went to the well too many times, with mahomes going 15-of-19 with three touchdowns against the blitz on Monday night.

https://www.clnsmedia.com/lazars-pa...-film-notes-from-week-3-early-look-at-chiefs/

Perfect attendance at practice including RB James White, RB Damien Harris, and WR Gunner Olszewski. Harris and Gunner are now off IR and practiced today.

That's a lot of fresh legs in that backfield.

And just like that radio reports thigh injury for Michel.

Methinks this is Harris’s day.

Our pass defense (DBs) isn’t off to a great start in an incredibly small sample, ranking 27th in Football Outsiders’ DVOA metric and 13th in expected points added per drop-back.The Patriots secondary will need to return to its 2019 form to have any chance against the Chiefs offense on Sunday.
I hope we play man coverage...Mahomes eats up zones.

Back