Week 4, 2020 - Patriots @Chiefs

Roberto71

Reaction score
Nantz and Romo will again call this game.....

Nice to be going to KC as firm underdogs.

I am pretty sure this is a loss, but I hope it is still fun. More to build on and perhaps get them in the playoffs.

I'd rather be favored. :coffee:

Credit the Chiefs for making the Ravens look dazed, confused and BAD.
28-10 at halftime and the Chiefs cruised after that to a 14 point win.
It was close for about 5 mins to begin the game.

There's no good way to defend Mahomes; he's like Wilson in so many ways. Take away 1 thing and he'll make you look foolish another way. His supporting cast makes it easy for him. The Chiefs are an experienced team, they're great on both sides of the trenches, they have great weapons, their defense is very good, their offensive scheme is brilliant and they have Mahomes to take advantage of every little mistake by the opponent. To me, they're like the Seahawks on steroids. Their cap will catch up with them in 2-3 years but for now this is their league and any games they lose will be because they beat themselves...they are human after all.

Odds: Chiefs by 7 (Heavy favorites) Just the third time over the past 18 years that the Pats have been an underdog of a touchdown or more.

My expectations: This is going to be a rough, possibly ugly game. We may even get embarrassed the way the Ravens did last night. I've vowed not to use it as a barometer for how good the Patriots can be at the end of the season; we're not even close to a finished product yet. No injuries please.

Yeah, I'd rather be favored, for sure.

That’s why our true hope is the run. Dominate the clock. Close with TDs.

If we can hold them off a couple times then the game hinges on a turnover or two.

There’s a chance.

That’s why our true hope is the run. Dominate the clock. Close with TDs.

If we can hold them off a couple times then the game hinges on a turnover or two.

There’s a chance.

There's always a chance.

Reid has firepower to spare and he's utilizing it in inventive new ways.

EjE6xJIVoAE9Q0T

EjE6EQaWAAAkNPs

He dared Lamar to throw the ball and Lamar failed.
Can Cam do better with the weapons he has? There's always hope.

Chiefs have a Nascar offense. The only time pats have beaten Mahomes was with a strong Running game. Getting the ball first in OT.

Yep, this is a game for Cam and the RBs to try and dominate. Maybe with some trick plays with Jules thrown in. And our defense will have to play lights out. No more penalties Gilmore. Front 7 need serious pressure. Just a pity we don't have Uche yet.

The Chiefs are clearly on another level to everyone else. Even Seattle is not really close. Seattle at home were a play away from losing to us and the Cowboys got near them as well.

Quoite frankly you need Mahomes to have a bad game to have a chance.

Chiefs have a Nascar offense. The only time pats have beaten Mahomes was with a strong Running game. Getting the ball first in OT.

It took a strong run and pass game to beat them in the 2019 AFC Championship. Same thing with the W in Oct 2018. Going to need balanced offense and great defense to pull this one out.

What did the Chargers do well to stay close to the Chiefs?

What did the Chargers do well to stay close to the Chiefs?

Balanced. Herbert threw for 311 and they ran for 183 on 44 attempts. Ekeler had 93 on 16 attempts for 5.8 YPC. Ekeler also had 55 yds rec.

Allen and Henry were the forces in the pass game. We don't have a TE playing at the level of Henry, so I seriously doubt we can replicate his 83 yard performance against the Chiefs. Allen had 7 rec for 96 yds. We don't really have a guy like Allen either.

Their D also played a really great game. Mahomes was 27/47. 20 incompletions with his weapons is great work by the D. They also held Edwards-Helaire to 38 yards on 10 attempts.

Mahomes scrambling (54 yds), child and pregnant woman beater Hill (99 yds rec, 9 yds rush), and Kelce (90 yds rec) are what hurt them the most. Those numbers accounted for 60% of their offense.

Lamar is an average QB when he's forced to make reads because the threat to run is contained. I think that's the main difference between Cam and Lamar. We know Cam can be a drop back passer. Granted it was against a hapless Seahawks defense, but I'd like to think Cam can fare a bit better than Lamar. It'll come down to the receivers getting separation and Cam being accurate. If the Pats can get the run going this might be a quick game, but Chiefs defense is no longer soft.

I think this is a great game to be underdogs, because we're expected to lose, but if not, people might start to notice what BB is doing with this team. I am a bit worried about the defense. It seems like that 4-2-5 set gets gashed against the run and since the Chiefs spread it out, the run can't be a point of emphasis. The secondary is good enough to contain Mahome's weapons I think, but the LB core is a bit bare. The pass rush will need to be at the level that it was against the Raiders and it should ease some of the load on the secondary. I can't wait!

The biggest in chargers game was kicker. He was money with 2. 58 yard FG. While Folk can't be trusted with anything beyond 40. Hopefully WR's do a much better job getting separation

We should have beat them last year. I'm liking our chances even more this year. I think its going to take 40+ points though. I predict another shoot out like we had at Seattle.

I think the Pats being underdogs is spot on, there's no reason they should be favored to win but it doesn't mean they won't. If they can get the run game going like they did against the Raiders they have a shot and Cam will need to be better with his passing game than he was against the Raiders. Should be a fun game and I hope the Pats come out of it healthy.

I'd rather be favored. :coffee:

Credit the Chiefs for making the Ravens look dazed, confused and BAD.
28-10 at halftime and the Chiefs cruised after that to a 14 point win.
It was close for about 5 mins to begin the game.

There's no good way to defend Mahomes; he's like Wilson in so many ways. Take away 1 thing and he'll make you look foolish another way. His supporting cast makes it easy for him. The Chiefs are an experienced team, they're great on both sides of the trenches, they have great weapons, their defense is very good, their offensive scheme is brilliant and they have Mahomes to take advantage of every little mistake by the opponent. To me, they're like the Seahawks on steroids. Their cap will catch up with them in 2-3 years but for now this is their league and any games they lose will be because they beat themselves...they are human after all.

Odds: Chiefs by 7 (Heavy favorites) Just the third time over the past 18 years that the Pats have been an underdog of a touchdown or more.

My expectations: This is going to be a rough, possibly ugly game. We may even get embarrassed the way the Ravens did last night. I've vowed not to use it as a barometer for how good the Patriots can be at the end of the season; we're not even close to a finished product yet. No injuries please.

Yeah, I'd rather be favored, for sure.

Chiefs Defense is way better than Seattles, but then so are most teams. I dont know, its hard to predict things anymore. Pats could go in there and win. I mean hell the chargers almost won against KC. Actually the line I show right now is 8. Is that the largest dog we have been in awhile?

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

We had 340 and 348 yards passing in our last 2 wins vs KC. So not sure it was just running. Pats are 2-1 vs mahomes, our one loss we only had 169 yards passing...so...it seems passing is pretty important in those games.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

We should have beat them last year. I'm liking our chances even more this year. I think its going to take 40+ points though. I predict another shoot out like we had at Seattle.

KC's defense is way way way better than Seattles, so I would not expect a shootout. To win the D is going to have to come up big against KC, because we are not scoring 40 points unless there are a ton of turnovers. The two games we beat mahomes we had 700 yards of passing, in the one we lost only 169.

Reid will do to us exactly what he did to the Ravens - Take away our run and dare Cam to throw it. Reid will modify it a bit because of our heavy formations but that's what I think we'll see. Can we run it anyway? It will be tough but maybe. My hope is that Cam can utilize an energized WR/TE group to make some passes & loosen the Chiefs up. This won't be easy if the Chiefs are able to impose their will on us.

Reid will do to us exactly what he did to the Ravens - Take away our run and dare Cam to throw it. Reid will modify it a bit because of our heavy formations but that's what I think we'll see. Can we run it anyway? It will be tough but maybe. My hope is that Cam can utilize an energized WR/TE group to make some passes & loosen the Chiefs up. This won't be easy if the Chiefs are able to impose their will on us.

TE's have been non existent. Do we know if White is going to be back?

Gil [email]Brandt@Gil_Brandt·1h

Sunday's #NEvsKC game will feature the second-most combined wins by coaches entering a matchup:
532 Shula, Landry (Week 11 1987)
531 Belichick, Reid (Week 4 2020)
517 Reid, Belichick (Week 14 2019)
497 Belichick, Reid (2018 AFC CG)
486 Knox, Shula (Week 3 1992)

Gil [email]Brandt@Gil_Brandt·1h

Sunday's #NEvsKC game will feature the second-most combined wins by coaches entering a matchup:
532 Shula, Landry (Week 11 1987)
531 Belichick, Reid (Week 4 2020)
517 Reid, Belichick (Week 14 2019)
497 Belichick, Reid (2018 AFC CG)
486 Knox, Shula (Week 3 1992)

So, regardless of outcome, (but for a tie) they will have tied the record at the final whistle.

Back