Week 4 2022 Pats at Packers

This game was fun, but let’s be real. If these teams play the packers win 8 of 10 times. The Packers were sleeping on the Pats for obvious reasons.
It’s always fun seeing Rodgers throw a pick six, but there’s no moral victory to take from this loss.
The Patriots are a bottom third NFL team. Yes BB can coach a pile of dog S***** better than anyone. He’s also better than most coaches at accumulating that pile.
I hope he retires and let’s someone else other than fattie Matty run this rebuild.
Angry-Black-Woman-Angry-Signs.gif

Yeah, I wish they let Zap/E ball out...
I mean I understand what they are doing, he's a rook and they are protecting his confidence but sometimes you have to take a chance and not give it back to a HoF QB at home when he only needs a FG. I just hate that mentality like with Mac last year, never going for it on 4th down in what used to be obvious 4th down tries, short yardage and just outside Folk's range. They did the same thing with Cassel so it's not just a rookie thing. They didn't do it with Brady in '01 though, I don't understand that change in philosophy since then. Are these QB's that mentally weak that they can't handle a little failure? If Zappe threw on 1st down in OT the Packers wouldn't know what the hell was coming on 2nd down. Instead they ran it twice, were predictable and put the Oline and Zappe in a very tough obvious passing situation, against a good pass rush. I don't care if they weren't bailed out by a penalty, that's not under your control, play calling is.

I mean I understand what they are doing, he's a rook and they are protecting his confidence but sometimes you have to take a chance and not give it back to a HoF QB at home when he only needs a FG. I just hate that mentality like with Mac last year, never going for it on 4th down in what used to be obvious 4th down tries, short yardage and just outside Folk's range. They did the same thing with Cassel so it's not just a rookie thing. They didn't do it with Brady in '01 though, I don't understand that change in philosophy since then. Are these QB's that mentally weak that they can't handle a little failure? If Zappe threw on 1st down in OT the Packers wouldn't know what the hell was coming on 2nd down. Instead they ran it twice, were predictable and put the Oline and Zappe in a very tough obvious passing situation, against a good pass rush. I don't care if they weren't bailed out by a penalty, that's not under your control, play calling is.
His panic on 3rd down didn't inspire much confidence on 4th down.

His panic on 3rd down didn't inspire much confidence on 4th down.
That had nothing to do with their decision and you know it. If he looked like Brady in his prime and threw a dart that a receiver dropped they were still 100% going to punt.

This game was fun, but let’s be real. If these teams play the packers win 8 of 10 times. The Packers were sleeping on the Pats for obvious reasons.
It’s always fun seeing Rodgers throw a pick six, but there’s no moral victory to take from this loss.
The Patriots are a bottom third NFL team. Yes BB can coach a pile of dog S***** better than anyone. He’s also better than most coaches at accumulating that pile.
I hope he retires and let’s someone else other than fattie Matty run this rebuild.

That's not what Rodgers said "We had to win this game."

That's not what Rodgers said "We had to win this game."

You could see the same thing from LaFleur; dude looked like he just watched his first-born dodge a literal bullet after that game ended, the relief on his face. The Packers wanted that game, they played to win it, didn't take the Pats for granted.

As an aside, that's probably part of the reason LaFleur will never be anything all that special. I'm sure he's a bright guy and a quality coach, but anyone who is so emotionally wrapped up in the outcome of a game (especially a week 4, regular season game, against an out-of-conference opponent) that they are visibly stressed, generally is a big red flag for me. If you're that stressed out / anxious, you're not fully mentally present and attentive to critical elements of the game, and therefore you're very likely not coaching at your best in those circumstances.

That had nothing to do with their decision and you know it. If he looked like Brady in his prime and threw a dart that a receiver dropped they were still 100% going to punt.
I completely disagree. His last three throws in the 4th quarter and overtime, each time he looked like a deer in the headlights.

Bill has shown his clear coaching brilliance imho over the past few years since that former player left.

You look at the games v KC in 2020, the home games V Tampa and Dallas last season and now the GB game, and how he literally pushed those clearly much better teams, all the way.

Last edited:
I completely disagree. He threw three times in the 4th quarter and overtime, each time he looked like a deer in the headlights.

Agreed, I don't think we should getting all revisionist on Bailey. He did well, but he also had some alarming plays. Not unexpected from a first game for a rookie, but to think he was going to pull out a monster play on 4th down is being very unrealistic imho. And let's be frank, if Bill had gone for it and Bailey had fucked up, you'd all be piling on Bill now saying it was ridiculous putting all that pressure on a rookie on a massive 4th down play.

I completely disagree. His last three throws in the 4th quarter and overtime, each time he looked like a deer in the headlights.
So you just give up on trying to win the game then? lol

to think he was going to pull out a monster play on 4th down is being very unrealistic imho.
If that's directed at me you're taking me out of context, my real issue was the playing calling starting with 1st down, not just simply they should have went for it on 4th. In any case we're not talking about a monster play, it was 5 yards lol

And let's be frank, if Bill had gone for it and Bailey had fucked up, you'd all be piling on Bill now saying it was ridiculous putting all that pressure on a rookie on a massive 4th down play.

Again, if that's directed at me no I wouldn't, I was saying to myself please don't run it on 1st down, then they got it a few yards which meant they were DEFINITELY running it on 2nd which of course got stuffed, putting Zappe in an obvious passing situation. Maybe putting a rookie deer in headlights QB in a predictable situation isn't the best thing for him. I don't care if you believe me or not. I've been here for over 15 years and you count the number of times I complained about play calling on one hand(OK maybe two). I may be fickle but I don't complain about plays unless it was how I felt before the plays were called. Revisionist history my ass.

The Pats were lucky to even be in overtime after a dropped pass and then a stupid challenge to cost the Pack a timeout. They had a chance to steal that game but still played not to lose.

Last edited:
If that's directed at me you're taking me out of context, my real issue was the playing calling starting with 1st down, not just simply they should have went for it on 4th. In any case we're not talking about a monster play, it was 5 yards lol

Again, if that's directed at me no I wouldn't, I was saying to myself please don't run it on 1st down, then they got it a few yards which meant they were DEFINITELY running it on 2nd which of course got stuffed, putting Zappe in an obvious passing situation. Maybe putting a rookie deer in headlights QB in a predictable situation isn't the best thing for him. I don't care if you believe me or not. I've been here for over 15 years and you count the number of times I complained about play calling on one hand(OK maybe two). I may be fickle but I don't complain about plays unless it was how I felt before the plays were called. Revisionist history my ass.

The Pats were lucky to even be in overtime after a dropped pass and then a stupid challenge to cost the Pack a timeout. They had a chance to steal that game but still played not to lose.

While I understand your frustration with the outcome, the Patriots played that in better than textbook fashion. In hindsight, I would have them do exactly the same things at exactly the same times and preach better execution. Zappe wasn't going to WIN that game for us, Folk was or we walk out with a tie. Having BB on that sideline is the very reason the opportunity even existed.

Remember:

3rd string rookie QB

playing first game

on the road

on national TV

at Lambeau Field.

Keep it real.

While I understand your frustration with the outcome, the Patriots played that in better than textbook fashion. In hindsight, I would have them do exactly the same things at exactly the same times and preach better execution. Zappe wasn't going to WIN that game for us, Folk was or we walk out with a tie. Having BB on that sideline is the very reason the opportunity even existed.

Remember:

3rd string rookie QB

playing first game

on the road

on national TV

at Lambeau Field.

Keep it real.
I'm not suggesting Zappe needed to drive them down for a TD. All they needed to put together was a 15 yard drive to give Folk a chance. I have zero issue with the play calling up until that point. The Packers tried to hand them the game in OT, and the Pats stayed ultra conservative. It actually shocks how most are so OK with it. Moral victories are more important I guess, to hell with trying to actually win a game.

Someone remind me on that wide open TD to Parker what down that was? Oh right that was 1st down. They threw the ball when the Packers were expecting a run after a penalty in the red zone, what a concept.

Last edited:
I'm not suggesting Zappe needed to drive them down for a TD. All they needed to put together was a 15 yard drive to give Folk a chance.

Yes. And better execution of the plays called would have done that without a turnover. It wasn't about Zappe saving us. It was about executing the plan that had the best chance for success which doesn't include Zappe at that point in his NFL life. Maybe/hopefully someday.

Yes. And better execution of the plays called would have done that without a turnover. It wasn't about Zappe saving us. It was about executing the plan that had the best chance for success which doesn't include Zappe at that point in his NFL life. Maybe/hopefully someday.
Huh? lol

Is that what play not to lose looks like? Take a chance buddy, no one is going to die.

Huh? lol

Is that what play not to lose looks like? Take a chance buddy, no one is going to die.

Pretty simple to understand. Unless you don't want to understand then by all means give it an "LOL".

Watching the game again, Strange put in a really magnificent block on the big GB NT Kenny Clark, 314 pounds to give Harris the lane to cut back score the TD. He had Clark going backwards at a rate of knots. I have circled them here.

Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 16.08.48.png

Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 16.09.02.png

Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 16.09.16.png
Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 16.09.34.png

Last edited:

sent Brian Hoyer to the Tomb of the Unaffiliated Neurotrauma Consultant
🤣

Back