Week 4 2022 Pats at Packers

This will be a blow out. Zero faith in Hoyer to win this type of game. I agree, pray for a ton of wind. LOL

Not expecting a win, but would love to see how the defense responds after last week's horrible second half.

Offensively, just runs, dink and dunk and don't turn the ball over. Maybe a break here or there can keep the game close.

I really just want to see the team compete hard and see how they stack up against a pretty good team with an elite QB.

Not expecting a win, but would love to see how the defense responds after last week's horrible second half.

Offensively, just runs, dink and dunk and don't turn the ball over. Maybe a break here or there can keep the game close.

I really just want to see the team compete hard and see how they stack up against a pretty good team with an elite QB.

Yup. Even if it is a loss I want to see/feel it was a "Patriots" team playing. No muffed punts. No dumb line penalties. Dink and dunk IS the Patriots offense as it should be with only the threat of an occasional deep ball to keep the safeties honest. I believe that is where Patricia/Mac were going but maybe over did it a bit. It is hard to believe right now but a rookie wide out that you can't even see when he turns sideways may be the key. Get TT on the outside gassing the fastest CB and Parker on the inside with Meyers, Henry and Bourne inside/under/flats. Hand the ball to RB1/2 a shit ton.

Maybe I should send this game plan to Patricia? I am sure he listens to what fans say.....

Last edited:
This game has a dud-like L written all over it.

Worst outcome: 28-6

Best possible outcome: 27-9

Yup. Even if it is a loss I want to see/feel it was a "Patriots" team playing. No muffed punts. No dumb line penalties. Dink and dunk IS the Patriots offense as it should be with only the threat of an occasional deep ball to keep the safeties honest. I believe that is where Patricia/Mac were going but maybe over did it a bit. It is hard to believe right now but a rookie wide out that you can't even see when he turns sideways may be the key. Get TT on the outside gassing the fastest CB and Parker on the inside with Meyers, Henry and Bourne inside/under/flats. Hand the ball to RB1/2 a shit ton.

Maybe I should send this game plan to Patricia? I am sure he listens to what fans say.....
I still think the absence of Jakobi Meyers hurt the passing game a bit more then it should have.

~Dee~

It's not going to be pretty, but, I'll still watch it...like a slow-motion train wreck, it's still amusing.

I think we are going to get destroyed versus Green Bay. I plan to cringe often watching Hoyer throw passes that appear to have been launched by a Nerf cannon.

I expect the team to go backwards in all three phases and the doom and gloom generated will be pure ambrosia for all card-carrying Felgerites. This mess will be a gift
for all those weasels in the fan base who need to fill the emptiness in their failed lives by wailing, griping, being petty and generally engaging in mental midgetry whenever
possible, because they'll be able to point in any direction and find problems.

I say we lose by 4 TDs and may not score a single one.

I think the Patriots have a solid chance to win Sunday. They have the best head coach, and otherwise good coaching. The Packers were held to 14 points in their last game, We'll see what happens on the field, but that's my opinion. Then, the Patriots would be 2-2, and playing the Lions the next week. Gee, I wonder who would be favored in that game.

I think we are going to get destroyed versus Green Bay. I plan to cringe often watching Hoyer throw passes that appear to have been launched by a Nerf cannon.

I expect the team to go backwards in all three phases and the doom and gloom generated will be pure ambrosia for all card-carrying Felgerites. This mess will be a gift
for all those weasels in the fan base who need to fill the emptiness in their failed lives by wailing, griping, being petty and generally engaging in mental midgetry whenever
possible, because they'll be able to point in any direction and find problems.

I say we lose by 4 TDs and may not score a single one.
Is this the karma thread :coffee:

The key to this game is stopping the run and winning turnover battles. Aside from Mac, the biggest injury concerns are Godcheaux and Guy, both important pieces of the run defense. If those guys are out or limited, Barmore, Roberts, and others are going to have to step up against the run next to a heavily rotated Carl Davis. Bentley will be big. I don't expect to see nearly as much Mack Wilson against these bigger backs. McMillan and Jennings instead of Wilson/Uche. And yes, it may be a Tavai game.

Jon Jones largely on the speedy and dangerous Doubs. Cobbs and Lazard are solid, but don't require anything special in terms of coverage. I strongly suspect Belichick will roll out a lot of 2 high safety defenses, with the non-McCourty safety (which is a MASH unit) crashing on a run read, or perhaps starting the 2 deep coverage from a position in the box, assigned to gain depth quickly. Have to close down the middle running.

On offense, it's no mistakes. The interior OL needs to handle Clark, which should be an interesting test for Andrews and Strange, as the pure power guys have been a struggle for Andrews and are supposed to be where Strange struggles as well. Devonte Wyatt isn't even listed as a starter, but I'm going to list him as a concern as well. His snaps are limited, but he's definitely flashed, especially last week, and his combination of speed, quickness, power, and size could definitely give our OL trouble.

I don't know Jaire Alexander's status, but that will be critical.

I suspect the running game and defense will do enough so that Hoyer can steer the ship into a position where the game is not out of reach late. And call me crazy, but what the hell...I see a CB named Jones (Jack, if pressed to pick one) winning this on a late pick-6 on non-disguised coverage: Rodgers underestimates the jump the CB can get on the ball and tries to gun an out to Cobbs in at the first down marker.

This is the sort of game they have "no shot at winning" that the Patriots tend to surprise and rise to the challenge. They rally around Hoyer, lean on the defense and the run, and pull it out, just because this season the NFL is obviously like that.

Looks like their is a slim chance Mac might play but reports are saying Hoyer will start.

Back