Week 4 other games thread

HSanders

disgusted and pissed
Reaction score
The Browns D is better right now than the Pats.
Yes I know short week , yada yada but they are getting great pressure on Flacco and despite the fact they are missing their best CB, they are doing a decent job in coverage. I think #53, Robertson is having a helluva game. Also...Greg Little reminds me of Pats era Watson. Misses the easy ones, catches the tough ones. AND....the Balt PK misses ANOTHER one wide right (albeit lower so easier to see)..and they ruled it that way. :D
Weeden is hanging in there making some good throws and decisions. Brownies might have something there. And Richardson is a BEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSS.

AS I said in another thread the Ravens Oline were called with some holding and a hands to the face calls tonight..I have no doubt our defense would have fared much better with these refs tonight...

Also, I hope Cribbs is ok. Yikes. That was a hellafied hit he took early on.
Yes, Iama, I've seen 45,933 PI/Illegal contacts this game...that magically weren't PIs/Illegal contacts tonight. But in defense of the subs on this, I think there was a hue and cry about how in the leagues most of them came from in college, there IS no "illegal contact" so they may have been nudged about this. And we all know that when new rules pass, the first few games of the year at LEAST...it is overcalled to the nth degree. I think it was just the same thing at work.

WHAT is that chant/song Ravens fans do all the time Ohhh ohohohohoh OHHH ohohohohohohoh???? I know it's from some song but for the life of me I cannot think of what it is.

Yes I know short week , yada yada but they are getting great pressure on Flacco and despite the fact they are missing their best CB, they are doing a decent job in coverage. I think #53, Robertson is having a helluva game. Also...Greg Little reminds me of Pats era Watson. Misses the easy ones, catches the tough ones. AND....the Balt PK misses ANOTHER one wide right (albeit lower so easier to see)..and they ruled it that way. :D
Weeden is hanging in there making some good throws and decisions. Brownies might have something there. And Richardson is a BEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSS.

Well other than the pick 6 that cost them the game, yeah he did pretty good.

Yeah that wasn't a great decision to put it mildly, but for a rookie in his 4th game, in a heavy rain at times, with a bunch of pass catchers who dropped about 5-6 good/good enough throws and are about a C-/D level as a corps (and missing a guy too, Massaquoi), he showed a lot of promise. Had guys in his face, hung in there and made throws. There may not have been a real competition with McCoy but he flat out makes throws McCoy can't (or I haven't seen him make in the limited games I've seen).

Little is really trying my patience.

Browns D is pretty good & will be better when Phil Taylor and Joe Haden return. Taylor might not be back until next year though.

Weeden keeps improving with each start.

They said during the game that Flacco wants 8-9 kids. OMG..his poor wife. Also they said he and Haloti Ngata have sons about the same age...except Ngata's weighs 25 lbs. Oops...guess I should say...poor Ngata's wife! Speaking of whom, they showed him playing rugby as a teen I think. Dude was a hoss. Took about 5 people to tackle him.

Also, re: the pick six, Little dropped a beautiful throw from Weeden that SHOULD have been a TD and Cle had to settle for a FG which put them 7 down instead of three. Had they been down just 3, they might have been able to tie it up on that last drive instead of having to go for a TD. As it was, they made it down to the Ravens' 33 before the personal foul penalty on the second to last play of the game, and Dawson is pretty beastly on 50+ yard FGs. Of course Balt would have played it differently on defense if Cle just needed a FG to tie most likely, but still.

Also, re: the pick six, Little dropped a beautiful throw from Weeden that SHOULD have been a TD and Cle had to settle for a FG which put them 7 down instead of three. Had they been down just 3, they might have been able to tie it up on that last drive instead of having to go for a TD. As it was, they made it down to the Ravens' 33 before the personal foul penalty on the second to last play of the game, and Dawson is pretty beastly on 50+ yard FGs. Of course Balt would have played it differently on defense if Cle just needed a FG to tie most likely, but still.

When you look at Weeden & fellow rook Andrew Luck, it's like night & day.

Weeden doesn't have near the pocket presence that Luck has nor does Weeden "see" things as quickly has Luck does.

At 28 years old Weeden needs to ramp up the learning curve & of course needs a few more pieces around him.

He's not Luck, but look at the offenses they played in in college. I don't know that much about college FB but Weeden was not coming from a pro style system like Luck did. It was mostly/all shotgun wasn't it?

The Browns' defensive rebuild is a year or so ahead of the Pats. They were top 5 vs the pass last season.

They said during the game that Flacco wants 8-9 kids. OMG..his poor wife. Also they said he and Haloti Ngata have sons about the same age...except Ngata's weighs 25 lbs. Oops...guess I should say...poor Ngata's wife! Speaking of whom, they showed him playing rugby as a teen I think. Dude was a hoss. Took about 5 people to tackle him.

8-9 kids? That's insane. How many is HE going to birth? I just don't understand this. Have children but not a herd. I always wonder why more than 2 or 3 are needed. What aspect of themselves are they looking to reproduce?
Posted via Mobile Device

The Browns' defensive rebuild is a year or so ahead of the Pats. They were top 5 vs the pass last season.

The Browns D ranking from last year is skewed a little. Maybe a lot. Teams knew that Cleveland really couldn't score so they were not opening up the the playbook so to speak. The opposition were keeping things very, & I mean very, basic.

& yes HSanders, Weeden at Okie St. was all shotgun. But so was RG3.

And as a playcaller who can cater to his QB's strengths, Shanny>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chilly.
I'm not knocking RGIII at all, he looks like he'll develop into a very good QB right now (still too early to say elite, etc when we're 3 games in). But if we look at Weeden, RGIII and Luck it's pretty safe to say that Luck and Weeden have the most challenges to trying to develop right now.

8-9 kids? That's insane. How many is HE going to birth? I just don't understand this. Have children but not a herd. I always wonder why more than 2 or 3 are needed. What aspect of themselves are they looking to reproduce?
Posted via Mobile Device

This is kinda insulting to those of us that have more then 2 or 3. We don't need them we want them. No aspect we're trying to reproduce just the more the merrier. I don't see why if you both want them and can afford them .........why not? I love having a house full and still do. Plenty of love to go around:shrug:

~Dee~

Back