Week 5 2022 Lions at Patriots

It's funny, the timing of the throwback uniforms is perfect. You look at those jerseys and logos, and it brings you back to the days of blue-collar football, Tough brutal running and smothering in-your-face defense. And that's the identity of the team that Bill is building with this current side.

More Tippett and Lester Williams and less Guerrero and pliability.

pats85_17-6188711-5257.jpg

If BB can't coach these guys up by the end of November the way he wants them to be, he will replace the laggards for next year for sure.

That 2001 team had many mature solid plug-and-play veterans who knew how to play (and win) the way BB wanted. Defense especially.
Seymour was the only rookie who started in 2001.
This team has many more young players who may not come together the way BB ultimately wants.
That's my worry, anyway.

Agree, this defense is nothing like having Ty Law, Milloy, Bruschi, McGinest, and rookie Seymour. It has sh-tty Bentley, sh-tty Godchaux, and no clear CB1.

Agree, this defense is nothing like having Ty Law, Milloy, Bruschi, McGinest, and rookie Seymour. It has sh-tty Bentley, sh-tty Godchaux, and no clear CB1.
OK. It's time for some truth from you and the rest of the Pink Hats. Who are rooting for to win tomorrow? NE or Detroit? And don't play idiotic cute by saying well, I'm rooting for X, but I don't like Y... Don't pussy around as you Pinkies usually do. Who do you want to win tomorrow? We're waiting...

Last edited:
Good luck kid. Go get em.

Don't forget, you can hand the ball off just as well as Mahomes or Rodgers can.
Take care of the ball and don't get sacked. Run if you can. Throw the ball into the stands if there's no way out; you'll make some kid very happy to catch the ball.

Last edited:

No mention of Judon, McCourty, Dugger, any of the three Jonses, Wise, Barmore.

I can assure you that your recollection of the past is overly rosy (which is human nature). The current defense isn't great but they have some talent and potential. Godchaux is a better player than you give him credit for.

Back