Week 5 games

Tommy pulled a Hoyer! :cool:

Yeah not quite, I didnt watch the game live, but from what I heard, it was a mess with penalties and missing players. He actually played pretty good considering he was throwing to me and the fat kid down the street that was left. Tampa needs to fix penalties pretty bad, it was ugly.

Yeah not quite, I didnt watch the game live, but from what I heard, it was a mess with penalties and missing players. He actually played pretty good considering he was throwing to me and the fat kid down the street that was left. Tampa needs to fix penalties pretty bad, it was ugly.

BG was referring to the last play when TB12 thought he had another down to play after playing 4th down. Mental lapse.

So you’re Mike Evans and Gronk and or Brate equate to a fat kid on your block?

Good grief.

I didn't bother watching the game. I'm just here to see people make fun of Brady having unprecedented mental lapses.

When BB is right, he is right.

The 3 weapons I listed would immediately be top 3 on Pats

Really? Cause I thought Gronk was done according to pats fans...Evans has a bad ankle, they were not healthy. But it doesnt really matter, thats not why they lost. It was more of bad penalties and weird plays, but Im sure Tampa can come up with some moral victory about losing like other teams do.

They were missing 3 starting receivers a starting TE and 2 running backs. I would say that is pretty significant, no?

The TE and RB positions didn't cause the loss. Brady didn't either for that matter. It was a tough hard fought game for both sides. But I saw signs that Arians is trying to make Brady into a gunslinger. Chucking up 40-50 yd passes into jump balls has never been Brady's style but Arians loves that shit. I don't see their relationship ending well.

Really? Cause I thought Gronk was done according to pats fans...Evans has a bad ankle, they were not healthy. But it doesnt really matter, thats not why they lost. It was more of bad penalties and weird plays, but Im sure Tampa can come up with some moral victory about losing like other teams do.

Cute, 71. When did the Bears turn into the KC Chiefs, the current SB winning KC Chiefs?

Evans was a full go, btw.

The TE and RB positions didn't cause the loss. Brady didn't either for that matter. It was a tough hard fought game for both sides. But I saw signs that Arians is trying to make Brady into a gunslinger. Chucking up 40-50 yd passes into jump balls has never been Brady's style but Arians loves that shit. I don't see their relationship ending well.

Actually Brady leads the league in deep passing completion pct, so not sure that is the issue either. They had two receivers playing last night who both caught their first passes in the NFL, that tends to halt the deep ball a bit. Deep passing has been great for them this year. No last night was lost due to 11 penalties for 120 yards. Fumble before the half that gave bears two straight scores didnt help either. I basically watched highlights, but from what I read, it was pretty sloppy by some guys and cant do that in close games.

Cute, 71. When did the Bears turn into the KC Chiefs, the current SB winning KC Chiefs?

Evans was a full go, btw.

Well full go as in he had to play becuase they didnt have anyone, he said his ankle is still sore, so whatever. Guys play hurt all the time. Evans was fine, but when you are missing other guys, teams can roll coverage and take you away easier. As far as my comment, am I not allowed to snark back for getting snarked at? Its amazing though the interest of Tampa Bay Bears games on this board now. Its also odd that losses in the past years were met with a distraught world is ending week of pain and anguish, in the past 3 or 4 years, close wins were met with the same reaction, but now , its oh golly our guys are sure trying hard. I guess its all about expectation.

With 1:13 to go Thursday night against the Chicago Bears and trailing 20-19 at Soldier Field, Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers got the ball at their own 25-yard line. In Brady's dazzling, 21-year career, he had orchestrated 59 game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime, the most by any NFL quarterback since the AFL merger.
But on third-and-6, a pass sailed over the fingertips of trusted tight end Rob Gronkowski. And on fourth-and-6, with 38 seconds to go, Brady failed to connect with tight end Cameron Brate, with safety DeAndre Houston-Carson draped all over Brate.
After the last pass was ruled incomplete -- and the Bears took over on downs -- Brady flashed four fingers and appeared confused, before showing visible frustration when he got back to the sideline.
Brady went over to the bench and slammed his helmet repeatedly into the ground before jogging off the field as the Bears ran out the clock in victory.

Brady and the Buccaneers had jumped out to a 13-0 lead; and Brady had won 42 consecutive starts dating to 2015 when his team had led by 13 points or more -- the longest active streak for an NFL signal-caller.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30074662/focusing-yards-not-first-was-wrong-approach

Gronk is still FAR better than our TE options. I saw him making plays.

Ok? Thats not saying much, we have not had a decent TE since he left, but he is not gronk form 5 years ago and you know that and its silly that you are acting like he is. As I said they
had two receivers playing that caught their first balls in the NFL last night, disruptions in what you are used to on offense can cause some issues, but as Chev said, that is not why they lost, they played well in spite of that, but you cannot have that many penalties in close games or you can lose.

With 1:13 to go Thursday night against the Chicago Bears and trailing 20-19 at Soldier Field, Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers got the ball at their own 25-yard line. In Brady's dazzling, 21-year career, he had orchestrated 59 game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime, the most by any NFL quarterback since the AFL merger.
But on third-and-6, a pass sailed over the fingertips of trusted tight end Rob Gronkowski. And on fourth-and-6, with 38 seconds to go, Brady failed to connect with tight end Cameron Brate, with safety DeAndre Houston-Carson draped all over Brate.
After the last pass was ruled incomplete -- and the Bears took over on downs -- Brady flashed four fingers and appeared confused, before showing visible frustration when he got back to the sideline.
Brady went over to the bench and slammed his helmet repeatedly into the ground before jogging off the field as the Bears ran out the clock in victory.

Brady and the Buccaneers had jumped out to a 13-0 lead; and Brady had won 42 consecutive starts dating to 2015 when his team had led by 13 points or more -- the longest active streak for an NFL signal-caller.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30074662/focusing-yards-not-first-was-wrong-approach

Yeah brady does not like losing, thought you knew this. Weird how he never got frustrated with the Pats. Sorry not all QB's do new dance moves if they lose and go put on a granny hood. I am sure Edelman was not happy after the loss and was frustrated. Players are humans. Maybe we need need a Tampa Bay thread so we can talk about them when they lose.

Last edited:
Yeah brady does not like losing, thought you knew this. Weird how he never got frustrated with the Pats. Sorry not all QB's do new dance moves if they lose and go put on a granny hood. I am sure Edelman was not happy after the loss and was frustrated. Players are humans. Maybe we need need a Tampa Bay thread so we can talk about them when they lose.

You read it wrong. Brady was pissed because he mistakenly thought he had another down to play. Stop with the childish snarky comments.

Back