Week 5, no week 6. I don't know - Donks at Patriots. Someone else needs to create these threads!

Another positive COVID from Saturday's testing has the Bronco's game in jeopardy.
Testing today will determine.
Sucks.

The Pats had gone way beyond the NFL’s protocol by closing for 3 days and staying in the hotel.
At practice yesterday the players all wore full face protective transparent ‘masks’ under their face mask.
The only way the NFL will allow this game to be played, from what I read of the NFL protocol, is IF the positive player from yesterday was not one of those who were in close contact with a previous positive player. Thinking is that an outlier is new & isn’t part of the disease spread. To me that’s shortsighted since disease is disease no matter where it came from.

Yeah, this looks like it will be cancelled if the news doesn't drastically improve.

As of now, the game is pending tests from today and possibly tomorrow.
As Tom Curran suggests, the Pats players and coaches may opt out of the game unilaterally. If that means forfeiture, so be it.

From Devin McCourty yesterday. He's pissed at the NFL and NFLPA.
1602430617872.png

More from J Mac(includes what chevss posted too)

Patriots defensive back Jason McCourty expressed uncertainty on Saturday as to whether the league or the NFL Players Association truly have the best interests of players in mind.

“I think outside of here, the people that don’t have to walk in our building — whether it is the league office, whether it is the NFLPA — they don’t care,” McCourty said, via Mike Reiss of ESPN.com. “For them, it is not about our best interest, or our health and safety, it is about, ‘What can we make protocol-wise that sounds good, looks good, and how can we go out there and play games?’ I think what I kind of learned personally throughout this situation is it is going to be up to us as individuals in this building to just really take care of one another.”

McCourty’s comments, though rare from the ranks of NFL players, aren’t unreasonable. The protocols crafted by the NFL and NFLPA contain multiple donut holes that fail to ensure the absence of outbreaks, from the incubation period to the lag between sample collection and test results to the failure to test players on game days.

“If you get a chance to talk to the NFL or the NFLPA, I’d greatly appreciate you bringing up that point and letting them know. That’s something we talk about, and we are dealing with it. We’re moving forward and it’s obviously in the back of our mind,” McCourty said.

McCourty said that he decided to say in a hotel for the season, after discussing the situation with his wife, Melissa.

“That was kind of a plan me and my wife [Melissa] talked about before the season even happened, but we’re living through a pandemic, so you can’t just assume, like, ‘Hey, we’re never going to have a positive test.’ [So] I will just isolate myself away, make sure I stay away until everything is clear and the virus runs its course and we’re all set before I went back into the house,” McCourty said.

McCourty admitted that he and his teammates were confused about the decision to play in Kansas City only three days after Newton tested positive. The confusion was validated by the fact that, a day after the game, cornerback Stephon Gilmore tested positive. Gilmore reportedly had dinner with Newton hours before he learned about his positive test.

“[T]hat’s a thought — the same way you guys are sitting there thinking about it like, ‘Hey, they’re getting on a plane on Monday [to go to Kansas City], well, those days don’t really add up with the incubation period,'” McCourty said. “That was the same question we were asking our union before we head out there.”

There should never have been a question about this. The NFL has egg on their collective faces, mostly Dr. Sills, the oncologist who is masterminding the NFL's infectious disease
policies. They made a bad mistake by playing the KC game. That decision defied common logic.

I'm sure there is a suitably qualified Professor at a Major Collegiate research institution who the NFL could have hired to manage their policy on infectious diseases, so why choose an oncologist to head it up, rather baffling if I'm honest.

I think the NFL seriously has to look at putting the season on hold for a few weeks now IMO, the NFL has time on it's side, it wouldn't be too difficult to end the season in March

I think the NFL seriously has to look at putting the season on hold for a few weeks now IMO, the NFL has time on it's side, it wouldn't be too difficult to end the season in March
Its like McCourty said, they don't care. They should cancel the season. Its all about money. Everyone is being put at risk, and this cannot be a surprise to them that this would happen. There is a pandemic. Things cannot be the same until that is under control. I feel bad for the players that have to deal with this, and the players that opted out are looking like the right choice.

By the way, I watched the international game his morning from New Zealand. NZ v Australia Rugby.

Full house...no masks required.

EkDhk0GXYAI2DYQ

By the way, I watched the international game his morning from New Zealand. NZ v Australia Rugby.

Full house...no masks required.

EkDhk0GXYAI2DYQ
NZ and Arden's government basically shut all borders as soon as the crisis hit, very little chance for the virus to spread and get out of control. Western Australia, Queensland and NT in Oz did much the same and have the virus under control there.

Correct. NZ is a small pacific island, far away from any other country. Ardern shut the whole thing down. They have the advantage in that they can do that, just isolate totally.

Melbourne was the worst hit in Oz, but they really shut that whole region up quickly and got it under control. I understand the Premier of Western Australia jus closed the borders completely. Even from the rest of Australia.

Its like McCourty said, they don't care. They should cancel the season. Its all about money. Everyone is being put at risk, and this cannot be a surprise to them that this would happen. There is a pandemic. Things cannot be the same until that is under control. I feel bad for the players that have to deal with this, and the players that opted out are looking like the right choice.

Name one NFL player who has contracted COVID and hasn’t made a full recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tell me, how would you feel if BB got COVID from a player? If he died?
Collateral damage is a bigger issue than the players themselves.

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. Players have families you know. McCourty said it, go cry to him about it.

Tell me, how would you feel if BB got COVID from a player? If he died?
Collateral damage is a bigger issue than the players themselves.
This is also the other factor, lot of older coaches, trainers, etc on teams. The problem with this virus is it spreads so fast and easily. Thank you chev, as usual you can say it better than I can. I get too emotionally involved on boards....argh, I need a break from things. You guys take it easy.

Back