Week 5, no week 6. I don't know - Donks at Patriots. Someone else needs to create these threads!

I replied to Tom Curran on Twitter with my BSU account. At least he liked it.

From PFF

[h=3]Denver Broncos @ New England Patriots[/h] [h=5]How the Denver Broncos win: Denver’s receivers get open against the Patriots’ man coverage[/h] This Broncos’ receiving corps certainly isn’t at full strength. Their top receiver (Courtland Sutton) is out for the season, and K.J. Hamler will be less than 100% if he goes on Thursday with a hamstring injury that held him out of practice this week. They still have a player who — in my opinion — is already one of the best separators in the NFL already as a rookie.
While Jerry Jeudy hasn’t truly had a breakout game yet, he has recorded at least 50 receiving yards in each of his first four NFL games. Jeudy won’t be seeing any of Stephon Gilmore here which is a clear plus, and he’ll need to consistently give Brett Rypien open targets, particularly if Hamler isn’t able to suit up. When your young QB is going against a Bill Belichick defense in his second NFL start, you need to give him all the help he can get.
[h=5]How the New England Patriots win: They weather the two most important players on their team hitting the COVID-19 list[/h] The NFL decided to move forward with the Patriots’ Week 4 game against the Chiefs despite Cam Newton testing positive for COVID-19, but with Stephon Gilmore also testing positive in the wake of that game, it remains to be seen how the NFL handles the situation. If this game does proceed as scheduled, the Patriots will be behind the eight-ball without two of their best players. They’ll need the starter at quarterback — whether that be Brian Hoyer or Jarrett Stidham — to give a better performance than the combined 5.4 yards per pass attempt they averaged in Week 4. The Gilmore loss, though not ideal, is easier to manage with Jason McCourty capable of stepping back outside to pair with J.C. Jackson.
Pick: Patriots
Assuming this game actually plays this week, New England should have the edge even without Newton and Gilmore. We just saw Belichick cause some problems for Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs’ offense. It’s hard not to see him doing more damage against Rypien and Denver’s offense here.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-5-preview

From PFF

Denver Broncos @ New England Patriots

How the Denver Broncos win: Denver’s receivers get open against the Patriots’ man coverage

This Broncos’ receiving corps certainly isn’t at full strength. Their top receiver (Courtland Sutton) is out for the season, and K.J. Hamler will be less than 100% if he goes on Thursday with a hamstring injury that held him out of practice this week. They still have a player who — in my opinion — is already one of the best separators in the NFL already as a rookie.
While Jerry Jeudy hasn’t truly had a breakout game yet, he has recorded at least 50 receiving yards in each of his first four NFL games. Jeudy won’t be seeing any of Stephon Gilmore here which is a clear plus, and he’ll need to consistently give Brett Rypien open targets, particularly if Hamler isn’t able to suit up. When your young QB is going against a Bill Belichick defense in his second NFL start, you need to give him all the help he can get.
How the New England Patriots win: They weather the two most important players on their team hitting the COVID-19 list

The NFL decided to move forward with the Patriots’ Week 4 game against the Chiefs despite Cam Newton testing positive for COVID-19, but with Stephon Gilmore also testing positive in the wake of that game, it remains to be seen how the NFL handles the situation. If this game does proceed as scheduled, the Patriots will be behind the eight-ball without two of their best players. They’ll need the starter at quarterback — whether that be Brian Hoyer or Jarrett Stidham — to give a better performance than the combined 5.4 yards per pass attempt they averaged in Week 4. The Gilmore loss, though not ideal, is easier to manage with Jason McCourty capable of stepping back outside to pair with J.C. Jackson.
Pick: Patriots
Assuming this game actually plays this week, New England should have the edge even without Newton and Gilmore. We just saw Belichick cause some problems for Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs’ offense. It’s hard not to see him doing more damage against Rypien and Denver’s offense here.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-5-preview

I think it would take more than Cam and Gilmore out to lose to denver.

The fact that the Broncos last played last Thursday and have been able to practice, while the Patriots were forced to play Monday night and haven’t been able to practice c just shows that the NFL doesn’t care about player safety. Patriots won’t be able to practice hitting until game time? Ludicrous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is it possible for Cam to make this game since they moved it to Monday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it possible for Cam to make this game since they moved it to Monday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean if he tests negative two straight times, I think they can activate him. The problem is going to be when you practice.

By delaying the game til Monday, the NFL shows it's wising up a little. That will give 5 full days since Gilmore tested positive to see if he passed it on to anyone else. 5 days is the avg incubation period of the virus. We still don't know if Cam is symptomatic or not although early reports said he was asymptomatic. He should be able to play vs Denver is asymptomatic and Gilmore should also be able to play if asymptomatic. We've heard nothing so who knows.
BB was smart when he acted on his own and cancelled practices for 3 days. Prudent. The NFL would have allowed practice. Idiots.

A Harvard study showed the virus is most contagious the 2 days before symptoms show up. Think about that.

The Tennessee Titans had no additional positives in Thursday's round of testing for COVID-19, a source told ESPN's Dianna Russini.
The New England Patriots also had no new positive tests from Thursday, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter, meaning the Patriots' game against the Denver Broncos remains on for Monday.
The NFL announced on Thursday that the Bills-Titans game, originally set for Sunday, is now scheduled for Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET on CBS.
The game is contingent on Tennessee not having any more positive tests. The organization has had 23 positive tests since Sept. 24.

You guys weren't supposed to turn this thread into the matchup thread!

Anyway, no new positives for the Pats today. Will have practice without Gilmore or Cam, and BB would not comment on if Cam would be available for Monday.

You guys weren't supposed to turn this thread into the matchup thread!

Anyway, no new positives for the Pats today. Will have practice without Gilmore or Cam, and BB would not comment on if Cam would be available for Monday.

It's BB's way to keep everyone in the dark. Competitive edge and all that.
Tests today, tomorrow and Monday will be all important.

Who gets the start Stidham or Dumbf*ck on Monday . If BB think Stidham is future after this year. He should have started last week.

Back